hibs.net Messageboard

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar

Mass shooting in Texan church

At least 27 dead. ****ing tragic that this keeps happening again and again. Thoughts with those who've lost their lives.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Golden Fleece's Avatar
    Another home grown terrorist. Non ISIS.

Trump tweeted for the death penalty yet? Tragic.

Where are you hearing this?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Okay, technically I'm a serial killer...

Will be forgotten about in a week unless you're directly involved. It's commonplace now, which is the awful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Will be forgotten about in a week unless you're directly involved.
    Outrageous but sadly true.

Will be forgotten about in a week unless you're directly involved. It's commonplace now, which is the awful thing.
    Yes. Weíve said all that there is to be said before so many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    Yes. Weíve said all that there is to be said before so many times.
    It's like talking to an alcoholic, they just shrug and say, "so What, I like a drink, I don't have a problem".

When will they amend the right to bear arms itís not like they have to worry about defending their nation against the English king anymore! Ridiculous that this law is still relevant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    When will they amend the right to bear arms
    Never. How is America going to be great again if its citizens aren't free to go round shooting each other?

@hibs.net private member calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    When will they amend the right to bear arms itís not like they have to worry about defending their nation against the English king anymore! Ridiculous that this law is still relevant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Itíll never happen. And the saddest thing is that so many people will continue to lose their lives because of it while they try to tell everyone else in the world that if they didnít have their guns it would be worse.

Did I actually hear Trump on the news say 'we have a big mental health problem in America, everywhere does. It's NOT a gun problem'?
    I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Did I actually hear Trump on the news say 'we have a big mental health problem in America, everywhere does. It's NOT a gun problem'?
    If he did then it clearly starts at the top!!

Quote Originally Posted by ACLeith View Post
    If he did then it clearly starts at the top!!
    I'm paraphrasing slightly but that was roughly what he said. Not a gun problem was definitely said, crazy.
    I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

I'm paraphrasing slightly but that was roughly what he said. Not a gun problem was definitely said, crazy.
    So "mental health problems" , "crazy" and "Trump" all together in the same sentence? Difficult to believe eh?

@hibs.net private member Golden Fleece's Avatar
    The gunman didn't have a licence for any of the guns. He argued with his ex wife and mother in law before going to the church.
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

It's a post truth world, I'm often told. These ****ers can say crazy batzhit all day long and people have just stopped noticing how crazy it actually is anymore. Trump could declare he was going to fire a salvo of badgers across the sea of Japan and give TB to the North Koreans and I'm not sure his power base in Idaho or Wyoming or wherever would actually care.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    The gunman didn't have a licence for any of the guns. He argued with his ex wife and mother in law before going to the church.
    The news said today he was able to buy a rifle as his criminal convictions hasn't been recorded on the database by the Air Force following court martial.

Ok well... Easy access to firearms for people who aren't mentally healthy is a problem, Mr Trump.

When hibs went up to lift the Scottish cup, I was there!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Ok well... Easy access to firearms for people who aren't mentally healthy is a problem, Mr Trump.
    Britain has its fair share of mental health issues in its population, its a miracle that somebody hasn't murdered a large number of people having a good time at a concert or in the cinema, or going to church or primary school with the amount of mental health issues we have.........oh wait sorry its not actually a miracle its just the fact that we dont sell machine guns in our f***ing supermarkets.

f***ing moron

#persevered

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    Britain has its fair share of mental health issues in its population, its a miracle that somebody hasn't murdered a large number of people having a good time at a concert or in the cinema, or going to church or primary school with the amount of mental health issues we have.........oh wait sorry its not actually a miracle its just the fact that we dont sell machine guns in our f***ing supermarkets.

f***ing moron

f***ing moron
    Absolutely spot-on.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar

f***ing moron
    I can remember being in supermarket when I was 11 on a family holiday and we were food shopping, then comes up the gun aisle, even at that age I was amazed you could go in for some cheese and leave with a shotgun, defies all logic

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Itíll never happen. And the saddest thing is that so many people will continue to lose their lives because of it while they try to tell everyone else in the world that if they didnít have their guns it would be worse.
    One issue with getting rid of guns is, much like over here, if there was to be an amnesty etc, the 'good' guys would hand in their guns leaving the rest in the hand of the 'bad' guys.

Doesn't mean they shouldn't fund a way mind you.

First Team Regular over the line's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    One issue with getting rid of guns is, much like over here, if there was to be an amnesty etc, the 'good' guys would hand in their guns leaving the rest in the hand of the 'bad' guys.

Doesn't mean they shouldn't fund a way mind you.
    The "bad guys", as in career criminals, gang members etc, will always have access to guns (legally or illegally) and generally shoot each other. The perpetrators of the mass shootings don't fall into this category ordinarily and on the face of it present as "normal" people. If the "normal" people don't have loads of guns (like in most of the civilised world), these tragic incidents would be much rarer.

The Americans (most Americans are lovely, but you know the ones I mean) need to wake up (and in a lot of cases grow up) and realise that the answer to having too many guns, is not to have more guns.
    Last edited by over the line; 10-11-2017 at 09:40 PM.

Exactly .... It was noticeable that the furore over the Las Vegas shooting wasn't attracting as much attention on social media as the death of Tom Petty the same day. This latest shooting is attracting even less attention.

It has to be said that the rest of the world seem to be taking the view that the USA is so complacent on these matters that there's little point in us getting worked up about a state of affairs where the folk running a country seem to categorise their citizens massacring each other in the same way as they do road accidents or being hit by lightning.