hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I actually really, really like Neil Lennon.

I never thought that I would ever say those words in my life.

He's not only doing a brilliant job with the team just now but he's always very open and honest and straight to the point whenever I've heard him in interviews.

It's a great time to be a Hibs fan.
    It sure is and makes it all the sweeter that hertz are S****

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCdeb View Post
    You're right, the second half did have a derby feel to it. Great time to be a Hibby for sure. I know the players will be glad of the international break but I'm gutted there's two weeks before we go back to Easter Road.
    I know, I hate these international breaks, but it probably comes at a good time for us. See you behind the goals at Hamilton.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I know this might sound daft considering some of the big wins we’ve had recently but for some reason I can’t help but think that was our best win of the season.

Can’t put my finger on why as we’ve obviously beat the rangers at ibrox and recently pumped hearts, I just think today underlined the shift in mentality at the club since Lennon took over.

Things went against us today with injuries, conceding the goal, having to change formation, a goal being disallowed. There’s no doubt in my mind in recent years there would have been a subconscious attitude “we’ve done well recently it’s not the end of the world if we lose today”.

This teams got massive balls though and that combined with no shortage of quality it’s a great mix.
    Lennon alluded to that kind of mindset being discussed at half time, in his post match interview.

He said he told the players at half time that they could either have him go out and tell the media that they were just tired or they could go out in the second half and "grab the game by the scruff of the neck".

The players chose the latter approach.

For us guys who began watching Hibs from the mid 70s onwards this is a golden age we probably thought would never happen. The roller coaster from then until now has been some ride for folk who have stuck with the club as match attending fans and even though nobody is going to pretend we are Barcelona on the park this is a team with some flair, plenty of guts and what looks like a great spirit.
    Funnily enough that wasn't more evident than in our defeat by Celtic at Hampden, where even though we went behind to two poor goals we stuck at it and managed to get ourselves into a position where we were as likely to take the game to extra time as Celtic were to win it .... that told us everything we needed to know about the attitude of the team.

We are well run off the pitch with a CEO who has finally managed to bring something rather obvious to the table that for some reason was missing for most of the last 4 or 5 decades .... that being to simply recognise that the fans are to a large extent the club. They give it the oxygen to survive and create its culture and if you make them feel part of it you immediately create a far better feeling around the club, we now have a situation where thousands of ordinary fans own a part of Hibs through HSL or individually purchased shares and even if like me that amounts to the equivalent of a floodlight in real terms, you can still say ... yes I own part of Hibernian football club.

Its a great time to be a Hibby and for anybody out there with kids I would encourage them to take as many photos and selfies and stuff showing themselves and the kids inside the stadium as they can, so that if in years to come our bubble bursts they will have something to look back on showing themselves inside a packed ER back in the good old days .... I mean, nearly 17,000 against bottom of the league Dundee, c'mon

Everything has its downside and as somebody else said its a bugger getting out of Edinburgh after the match these days and you cant get a seat in the bloody boozer any more ...... long may it continue