hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: bigger crowds

Looking at this thread one thing it does show is that things never stand still at a football club and there's always stuff to do. So far we would like:

A safe standing area
    At least two corners of the ground filled in
    A full sized indoor training pitch
    A new supporters bar
    A Helipad

I doubt the whole lot would leave much change out of 10 million quid which is a fortune to us ... with a debt of 4 million quid ( I think it is by now ) still owed to STF its going to be a long time before we see all of that come to pass. But as I've said so many times, this stuff should always remain on the agenda .... just because we cant afford it at the moment should never mean it isn't an ambition for the club in the long term.

2. Log in to remove the advert

If we were to fill in the north east corner, that would provide around 1,600 seats and raise capacity to 22,000.

We could make the entire corner safe standing and it would be a real focal point for the section 43 guys or whatever they are called now.

The space under the corner would be massive and could be utilised in numerous ways by the club.

As I've said before, in a dream world, I would fill in all 4 corners. The NE & SW could be fully done and the other two would only be lower tiered due to space limitations. This would still give us an overall capacity of 24,500.

The NW & SE corners which would only be lower tiered would have TV screens situated above them, ala Ibrox.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looking at this thread one thing it does show is that things never stand still at a football club and there's always stuff to do. So far we would like:

A safe standing area
    At least two corners of the ground filled in
    A full sized indoor training pitch
    A new supporters bar
    A Helipad

I doubt the whole lot would leave much change out of 10 million quid which is a fortune to us ... with a debt of 4 million quid ( I think it is by now ) still owed to STF its going to be a long time before we see all of that come to pass. But as I've said so many times, this stuff should always remain on the agenda .... just because we cant afford it at the moment should never mean it isn't an ambition for the club in the long term.
    To be fair to the club, Dempster has hinted at a full size indoor pitch at East Mains is something they would like to develope. I think that is the next stage of developing our infrastructure before any stadium expansion/improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    All hypothetical but how would the corners work with east and FF? Im sure it coukd be done but having a 1 tier east and 2 tier ff would cause restricted views no?

West and FF could join easily i guess as could the west and south but the east connecting im struggling to picture
    Norwich City successfully filled in a corner connecting their large single tiered stand to a two tiered stand, very similar to Easter Road

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    I used to laugh at the 'Saville' across the city going on about their crowds every week now it's us.
    But unlike them, 'NO CHARITIES WERE HARMED' in our crowds increasing - we've achieved it honestly !

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    All hypothetical but how would the corners work with east and FF? Im sure it coukd be done but having a 1 tier east and 2 tier ff would cause restricted views no?

West and FF could join easily i guess as could the west and south but the east connecting im struggling to picture

Because the single tier East Stand is the same angle as the Upper Tier of the FF, it wouldn't be a problem.

However, Hibs will, quite rightly, only think about extending the stadium if we keep the higher crowds going for a few years. It would be a bit silly to increase the capacity then the crowds drop to previous levels.

There's also the return on any investment to be considered. Any extra seats will only actually make money when the attendance is greater than 20,400 (current capacity). As we've only sold out one game so far, the money spent on the construction would effectively be wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Where?
    I’m not 100% sure. I would think the East standard this would the easiest to facilitate a safe standing area with it only being the 1 tier.

Maybe move the signing section back there. That’s an experiment that hasn’t really worked in my opinion but that’s a whole other thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No need for extra capacity at Easter Road.
    Full sized indoor training pitch is first on the agenda together with the continued pay back to STF (£3.5m?)
    More than enough to keep us going meantime.
    How much would the indoor training pitch cost? Ball park figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    If we were to fill in the north east corner, that would provide around 1,600 seats and raise capacity to 22,000.

We could make the entire corner safe standing and it would be a real focal point for the section 43 guys or whatever they are called now.

The space under the corner would be massive and could be utilised in numerous ways by the club.

As I've said before, in a dream world, I would fill in all 4 corners. The NE & SW could be fully done and the other two would only be lower tiered due to space limitations. This would still give us an overall capacity of 24,500.

The NW & SE corners which would only be lower tiered would have TV screens situated above them, ala Ibrox.
    From the mists of time, when Scotland hinted at holding Euro Championships and around the time of the East being planned, that filling in the corners, all 4, would increase the capacity to 30,000 the number required to host Euro matches.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Because the single tier East Stand is the same angle as the Upper Tier of the FF, it wouldn't be a problem.

However, Hibs will, quite rightly, only think about extending the stadium if we keep the higher crowds going for a few years. It would be a bit silly to increase the capacity then the crowds drop to previous levels.

There's also the return on any investment to be considered. Any extra seats will only actually make money when the attendance is greater than 20,400 (current capacity). As we've only sold out one game so far, the money spent on the construction would effectively be wasted.
    There are other ways to achieve this in development with an outside body.
    For instance hotel development with the corner stand being part of the deal .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    From the mists of time, when Scotland hinted at holding Euro Championships and around the time of the East being planned, that filling in the corners, all 4, would increase the capacity to 30,000 the number required to host Euro matches.
    Yeah but the 30,000+ capacity would only have been realized by building a 3 tiered East stand with the upper tier being massive and removed post tournament leaving around 24/25,000.

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    The way crowds are going just now this increased attendances should lead to an increase in profits. We managed to limit the losses from out time in the championship so that should be paid back after a season or 2 in the Premiership.
    I would imagine the money to pay for the new indoor pitch, lets face it it's not going to be all singing all dancing like Oriam, will come out of the cash profits made. I can't see us taking on more debt to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    That also included a temporary third tier on the East that would be removed post tournament IIRC.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Finbar View Post
    I think if they filled in the corner between the east and the famous five it could really help the atmosphere in the stadium.
    But that's where the hotel's going.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    No need for extra capacity at Easter Road.
    Full sized indoor training pitch is first on the agenda together with the continued pay back to STF (£3.5m?)
    More than enough to keep us going meantime.
    How much would the indoor training pitch cost? Ball park figure.
    About £800,000

The capacity of Easter Road is spot on. Its big enough to accommodate everyone in our biggest games when we're doing well and generates a superb atmosphere. When things were going badly we were getting 8k at some games. Imagine that in a 25k stadium. It would look like Rugby Park. The stadium is the last thing we should be concentrating on unless it's purely cosmetic touches. The full size indoor pitch at East Mains would be money better spent.

Quote Originally Posted by GoalsMcGinley View Post
    Safe standing is on the agenda I believe. Could be in place within the current structure as early as next season I’m told.
    Can't be done anywhere but the FF Lower Tier. That wouldn't be a smart move to try and relocate 1,800 season ticket holders. There is no evidence that so many people would wish to move to a standing area anyway.

The only place safe standing is ever likely to happen is in one of the corners filled in. That's the way Celtic went.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    When this does happen at least we can go to Mrs budge on the best way to go about it. The last thing we want to do is make a complete tit of ourselves.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

The population of folk living within a mile radius of Easter Rd will continue to grow over the next 10 years considering all the development going on in east central edinburgh. We need to focus on making the games entertaining so that those residents chose to come along. Easier said than done mind.

I agree that we should be developing East Mains before expanding the stadium.
    We could instantly enhance the appearance of Easter Road though by replacing the seating, which is now 23 years old behind the goals and 16 in the West. The colour is fading and it can be drab looking. Google the new seating plan for Real Betis to see what can be achieved just by improving and upgrading the seating.

PS we could add 96 seats to our capacity overnight by removing the double wide stairs either side of the central section of the upper FF, the padded seats section.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsforeurope View Post
    The way crowds are going just now this increased attendances should lead to an increase in profits. We managed to limit the losses from out time in the championship so that should be paid back after a season or 2 in the Premiership.
    I would imagine the money to pay for the new indoor pitch, lets face it it's not going to be all singing all dancing like Oriam, will come out of the cash profits made. I can't see us taking on more debt to pay for it.
    John McGinn’s transfer fee will be used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    Didn't think it merited a new Thread but the availability of new parent and child tickets at the family section price needs to be looked at. Currently there are no seats next to each other in the whole of this pricing bracket.
    I'm not sure how this can be fixed to make more tickets available, perhaps a cheap child ticket purchased with a full price adult could be offered anywhere in the stadium. Or there is a clamp down on people using the FF lower making it purely for parents with children.

For what it's worth i think the safe standing should be the whole of the FF lower. But as someone who, in the next few years, will be looking to bring a child along with them to games the family section needs to be expanded.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I read a post on Facebook which said that our lowest attendance this season, has been higher than our average attendances since 1959.

Incredible.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I read a post on Facebook which said that our lowest attendance this season, has been higher than our average attendances since 1959.

Incredible.
    Seen it incredible considering we had that fabulous side of the 70s with enormous capacity . And massive old firm following.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Didn't think it merited a new Thread but the availability of new parent and child tickets at the family section price needs to be looked at. Currently there are no seats next to each other in the whole of this pricing bracket.
    I'm not sure how this can be fixed to make more tickets available, perhaps a cheap child ticket purchased with a full price adult could be offered anywhere in the stadium. Or there is a clamp down on people using the FF lower making it purely for parents with children.

For what it's worth i think the safe standing should be the whole of the FF lower. But as someone who, in the next few years, will be looking to bring a child along with them to games the family section needs to be expanded.
    This issue of reduced price child tickets is an extremely difficult issue for the club as the restriction in KFK ticket numbers shows.

When nobody went and the stadium was empty is wasn't an issue but as the stadium fills up having oodles of reduced priced tickets reduces income which is. Not least when quite a few of the seats are and remain empty for many matches.

Not an issue I would like to have to decide upon

Why not announce corners getting filled in, sell 30,000 season tickets and rent Murrayfield while the work is going on?

Fanciful and stupid?

Oh wait, somebody has already beaten us to a version of that warped id

Come on down, Mrs Budge!!

I think they already added restrictions on reduced price kids tickets, so that they can only be purchased along with an accompanying full price adult ticket.

Thing is, there's nothing to stop people with no kids at all buying Season Tickets in FF Lower, so it's not a truly dedicated family only stand. If demand exceeds supply, the club might change that and only allow entry to people with kids.

I don't have a strong view on that either way, but it might happen.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    About £800,000
    You reckon? I’m thinking this will cost millions. An empty shell the size of a football pitch with the required height is some undertaking. Then add in all the stuff to kit it out and it’s going to cost a small fortune.

I’m thinking the club plan on selling McGinn to fund it in a similar vein that the Fletcher money basically paid for East Mains.

In LDs catch up interview at the beginning of the season she said it was something that we would have to deal with relatively soon.

Them corners and screens are gonna have to wait a while!

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    You reckon? I’m thinking this will cost millions. An empty shell the size of a football pitch with the required height is some undertaking. Then add in all the stuff to kit it out and it’s going to cost a small fortune.

I’m thinking the club plan on selling McGinn to fund it in a similar vein that the Fletcher money basically paid for East Mains.

In LDs catch up interview at the beginning of the season she said it was something that we would have to deal with relatively soon.

Them corners and screens are gonna have to wait a while!
    You seriously think the club plan on selling McGinn so they can fund this? I agree it's on the agenda, and agree it needs serious financing but I suspect NL wouldn't hang around much longer if SJM transfer fee wasn't put back into team.

I think we are much stronger and financially better positioned than a few years back. Infrastructure costs aren't fully reliant on player sales as they once were.

If anything, McGinn fee will fund landscaped mono-block badge in car park :)

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I just think that it’s inevitable that McGinn will be sold for a decent fee.

Lennon has said that he hopes he can bring success to Hibs on the pitch and help make the club some money along the way.

I’m sure the board would still be supportive of NL but I think it’s fantasy to suggest that we’d spend the whole fee on a couple of players for a few years.

If the indoor thing is some kind of requirement for elite academy status or whatever it is that’s going on then there’s a good chance we will get some funding from the SFA or SportScotland.

LD would never have mentioned it unless plans were already well underway. I reckon they’ll announce something by the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    You seriously think the club plan on selling McGinn so they can fund this? I agree it's on the agenda, and agree it needs serious financing but I suspect NL wouldn't hang around much longer if SJM transfer fee wasn't put back into team.

I think we are much stronger and financially better positioned than a few years back. Infrastructure costs aren't fully reliant on player sales as they once were.

If anything, McGinn fee will fund landscaped mono-block badge in car park :)
    Hibs don't need to plan on selling SJM because its inevitable and Hibs know it .... from that point of view they should and will plan in advance what to do with that money. If we walk away from any deal for McGinn with say 3 million quid I guarantee you it wont all be invested in the team ... The most Hibs will pay for a player is quarter of a million quid, because go past that and wages become a factor. Hibs wont use the money to increase player wages across the board either, not on the back of a one off windfall.

Neil Lennon will be well aware of this and yes he will expect to get some of the money to invest in the team, but he has to have been made aware when he signed up that he is never going to get every penny of any substantial transfer fee we might receive for any player.