hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: bigger crowds

We don’t need it but it would be very cool to develop a safe standing area (to the height of the FF lower tier) in the East FF corner, backed by a big screen. The away end at Ibrox is the template to follow. http://bit.ly/2imrMG1

That corner of the stadium has a fair bit of space available if you look at satellite images so I could see it being developed if the club could come up with a viable use for it (a bar, restaurant, relocated ticket office or flats even).
    Last edited by jakedance; 01-11-2017 at 10:04 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't get why Hibs.netters are obsessed with crowd size? Every day there's a post on it..
    I used to laugh at the 'Saville' across the city going on about their crowds every week now it's us.

First Team Breakthrough EastThomasSTboy's Avatar

Safe Standing Area.

I would defo go for a safe standing area, tagged onto the East and FF, but only if finances allowed, with a rear bar, etc.

Should be cheaper to construct and those that used to stand in that area of the old ER (to get a quick getaway!!) would feel right at home again.

what would the cost be over a mill a corner would be my guess, monies that could be spent on the team look how far we've came last few years. with ground, training centre all in a good condition and payed for bar small morgage on ground.

now is the time to invest on the playing side it was neglected for a long time for the ground tc ect with a weak huns and **** now the time to push on and widen the gap imo

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    The ground is surely only too small when the demand for season tickets is more than the amount of seats.

I don't think the roofs are the same height. That could cause problems!
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I don't think the roofs are the same height. That could cause problems!
    Its not that much of a problem Jack, Forest and United to name but two have joined stands of differing heights. Its 2017 we wouldnt be constructing a period StoneHenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    I used to laugh at the 'Saville' across the city going on about their crowds every week now it's us.
    We are seeing unprecedented levels of support so worthy of discussion
    I just wouldn't bring hearts into the discussion they way they do with us

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Crowds were at around 8000 just a couple of years ago. It would take more evidence of their necessity, before the expense could be justified.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    It should be our no. 1 priority if Heart’s capacity goes above ours. Just to annoy them really.
    I like

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post
    I don't get why Hibs.netters are obsessed with crowd size? Every day there's a post on it..
    hardly a daily occurance , is it?

some, like myself like to see us maximise the crowd attendance at ER thereby maximising the cash flow/to the club/to the playing side of the team and also providing maximum support to the team at away matches when our support can urge on the team to make possible draws into wins. where's the problem you have with it?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    I’d honestly rather we spent every penny in maintaining a good squad.

Our Stadium is honestly much better already than it needs to be! Don’t see the point in blurting money on an increased attendance when, if standards in the pitch drop again, you can gauarantee the attendances will drop just as quickly. Then its money spent for nothing.
    ok but some on here, and loads over in gorgie thought we had already made the place too big

Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    We still have around 2000 unsold seats in the south most games
    First step is to give those over to hibs fans except hearts and when that gets sold out or becomes season ticket seats then we can look at adding more capacity
    We may never get there
    Let's just focus on getting into and competing regularly in europe first then the crowds will come
    fair comment

@hibs.net private member
    If only I could win the Euro millions Hibs would have corners filled in and a penny or two chucked at the playing squad.

If I won a real big whack then wouldn't stop there I'd build a school with living quarters for about 50-70 kids and then have a real sporting academy so we could have kids from around the world training with us.

Then I'd.......... You'll have to wait till I win to find out.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post
    If only I could win the Euro millions Hibs would have corners filled in and a penny or two chucked at the playing squad.

If I won a real big whack then wouldn't stop there I'd build a school with living quarters for about 50-70 kids and then have a real sporting academy so we could have kids from around the world training with us.

Then I'd.......... You'll have to wait till I win to find out.

GGTTH
    you've got some big ideas, but I'm next to win it

I doubt at the moment that this is high on Hibs list of priorities .... Leeann Dempster alluded to a desire to build a full size indoor training pitch at East Mains and if we spend any significant money in an off field project in the next 18 months it will probably be that.

What I don't agree with is folk who say the stadium is 'finished' ... no it isn't. The east stand is far too disconnected from the FF and south stands and in order for the stadium to flow and be joined up the three stands need to be joined together at the FF and south corners. That doesn't have to be with seating and I don't know why folk get so hung up on the idea that it has to be ... there are dozens of fantastic and atmospheric stadiums around Europe where the corners are filled with buildings, not seats.

My only hang up about it would be that any fillers in the corners must fill in the gaps in the same way as Ibrox or Boavista's stadium or the Sampdoria / Genoa stadium .... it must tie the ground together and not just be some random structure shoved in the gap, that would be a disaster IMO. In fact if you want to take it all the way I would love to see the roofs of the FF east and south extended out by at least two or three metres at the same time giving the ground a far more enclosed feel.

That would surely make ER a more intimidating ground .... but that doesn't mean it lacks atmosphere at the moment, as the racket made during the recent derby proved ... you could probably hear the 'super John McGinn' song in Princes street

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    you've got some big ideas, but I'm next to win it
    Baggy half lol.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I doubt at the moment that this is high on Hibs list of priorities .... Leeann Dempster alluded to a desire to build a full size indoor training pitch at East Mains and if we spend any significant money in an off field project in the next 18 months it will probably be that.

What I don't agree with is folk who say the stadium is 'finished' ... no it isn't. The east stand is far too disconnected from the FF and south stands and in order for the stadium to flow and be joined up the three stands need to be joined together at the FF and south corners. That doesn't have to be with seating and I don't know why folk get so hung up on the idea that it has to be ... there are dozens of fantastic and atmospheric stadiums around Europe where the corners are filled with buildings, not seats.

My only hang up about it would be that any fillers in the corners must fill in the gaps in the same way as Ibrox or Boavista's stadium or the Sampdoria / Genoa stadium .... it must tie the ground together and not just be some random structure shoved in the gap, that would be a disaster IMO. In fact if you want to take it all the way I would love to see the roofs of the FF east and south extended out by at least two or three metres at the same time giving the ground a far more enclosed feel.

That would surely make ER a more intimidating ground .... but that doesn't mean it lacks atmosphere at the moment, as the racket made during the recent derby proved ... you could probably hear the 'super John McGinn' song in Princes street
    Dare to dream and lets get a roof on the whole thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Dare to dream and lets get a roof on the whole thing!
    If for no other reason than to keep the bloody Seagulls out

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i think we really need to think about hiring Murrayfield for the bigger games, although we would sell all 67k tickets at least more of us could attend

Safe standing in the corner between east an FF and put the singing section there
    Last edited by J-C; 02-11-2017 at 06:31 AM.

First Team Regular ruthven_raiders's Avatar
    Increasing capacity should be a long way off, think money will be spent on upgrading existing facilities, two stands now 20 yrs old. Safe standing behind goals, better catering facilities, maybe giant screens in the stadium and also a new bar in the East stand. So plenty things to be getting on with outside increasing capacity. Also full sized indoor football pitch at East Mains.

Nothing wrong with the atmosphere against bigger clubs and when we are winning. The priority should be maintaining that even when we are 0-0 with the likes of Ross County after 35 minutes and the grumbling starts.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As a couple of other posters have stated, the next thing will be a full size indoor pitch at East Mains.

I think we need that to be compliant for some sort of youth academy accreditation? and would expect an announcement on this relatively soon.

After that my guess would be using some of the unused space in the East Stand for a supporters bar (if this is feasible) or creating one elsewhere if it is not.

I am curious to see how the club will fund / spin these.

There are many many people who will go mental at any more monies being spent on infrastructure as opposed to the team on the park which (unless these are paid for by sponsorship, which I think quite unlikely) will inevitably be the case. I have great sympathy for that view.

I am conflicted about this as well, the pain associated with the construction of the East Stand and the purchase and construction of East Mains was both brutal and very real and was very hard to bear.

I wouldn't volunteer to suffer that again, but the club needs to move forwards and the indoor space is apparently a necessity, and a large number of Hibs supporters are very keen on a new supporters bar.

I doubt that these combined would be anywhere near as costly, but didn't the Oriam (where I have never been) cost a ridiculous amount of money?

Having said that I have no idea of what other facilities it holds that we wouldn't need which would reduce the cost.

How would folk feel if the vast bulk of any fee received for SJM was used in the construction of the indoor pitch?

I would like to see ER fully enclosed, or as near as access requirements would permit, but not at huge expense to the team on the park and for this expense to be both funded and constructed over a good few years

How about people stay for the full 90 mins before we start asking for more room in the stadium!!

Safe standing is on the agenda I believe. Could be in place within the current structure as early as next season I’m told.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Full size Indoor pitch at East Mains wouldn’t be cheap - I think Scotland only has about 5 indoor pitches and all come at a large expense.

Oriam wasted a lot of money on fancy bits of the facility and is a really badly designed building - small gym, main sports hall and even not enough indoor seats.

We need to continue investing in the team to maintain the crowds - we have a consistency right now which will allow us to keep growing and winning games. That will bring more fans to the ground.

A supporters bar / section would be my first priority at ER - to allow people to meet earlier and stay around ER longer.

I would love to fill the corners but wouldn’t be cheap.

Safe standing would make sense but our fans do it anyway and the club don’t mind so is it worth it ? Only way I feel it would work is FF lower and move the ever increasing family section to west lower. But that would mean many ST being moved which people wouldn’t be holy with at a time where ST sales are at highest.

Quote Originally Posted by GoalsMcGinley View Post
    Safe standing is on the agenda I believe. Could be in place within the current structure as early as next season I’m told.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Where?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    If for no other reason than to keep the bloody Seagulls out
    We could get a giant owl to sort the seagulls out.

If we're doing anything else at ER it's got to be the helipad. Seems to come up quite a bit over the years.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    I remember when the East was being built somebody uploaded a mock up of what the stadium would potential look like with corners filled in..does that exist still on here anymore?
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals