hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep, spent £150M and received £75. They haven't replaced his goals and they have no pace in the side.
    They remind me of Hibs after Griffiths, no pace, no midfield, a defense that can't defend and nobody to score.

They have no quality all over the park, a team of journeymen supplemented with kids.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    They remind me of Hibs after Griffiths, no pace, no midfield, a defense that can't defend and nobody to score.

They have no quality all over the park, a team of journeymen supplemented with kids.
    A team who spent way over the odds on virtually every player they signed this summer compared to their ability

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    A team who spent way over the odds on virtually every player they signed this summer compared to their ability

And the older players have all got old together, and nowhere near as good as they once were. They look devoid of ideas all over the park.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Did Koeman buy them, or do they have a DOF managing recruitment

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Agree with that but fear it reflects the nature of the market they are in. Of the big spends, Keane and Pickford could turn out to be value for money in that they have the potential to attract a top six club, or foreign interest, should they continue to progress, in which case Everton would undoubtedly turn a decent profit on them.

Not seen enough of Klaassen to form a judgement but his age and pedigree mean his market value was going to be what it was. Similarly with Sigurdsson, they are paying the (inflated) market price for a player seen as having game-changing skills, moving within his league.

I think one of the key issues was highlighted earlier - they lost Lukaku and seemed to sign three number 10s instead of nailing down a striker. Injuries to Coleman and Bolasie haven't been helpful either, nor I guess the issues with Barkley.

I feel a bit for Everton as they had carefully built themselves into a strong side outwith that top six. One of the few teams in recent years where you could name their back five with certainty, for example. The investment in the summer should have pushed them on, but something went awry.

Whoever comes in permanently will have some decent players to work with, but will need to sort that striking situation, maybe by getting rid of some of the superfluous attacking players - do they really need Lennon and Mirallas? Also maybe a question mark about recruiting a centre-half given the age of Williams and Jagielka, though it looks like Holgate is being groomed for that role.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

I'm watching Marseille away against Vitoria Guitamaraes. Patrice Evra was sent off before the match even started for the most incredible roundhouse kick right into the chops of one of Marseilles own fans!

Scenes.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    Agree with that but fear it reflects the nature of the market they are in. Of the big spends, Keane and Pickford could turn out to be value for money in that they have the potential to attract a top six club, or foreign interest, should they continue to progress, in which case Everton would undoubtedly turn a decent profit on them.

Not seen enough of Klaassen to form a judgement but his age and pedigree mean his market value was going to be what it was. Similarly with Sigurdsson, they are paying the (inflated) market price for a player seen as having game-changing skills, moving within his league.

I think one of the key issues was highlighted earlier - they lost Lukaku and seemed to sign three number 10s instead of nailing down a striker. Injuries to Coleman and Bolasie haven't been helpful either, nor I guess the issues with Barkley.

I feel a bit for Everton as they had carefully built themselves into a strong side outwith that top six. One of the few teams in recent years where you could name their back five with certainty, for example. The investment in the summer should have pushed them on, but something went awry.

Whoever comes in permanently will have some decent players to work with, but will need to sort that striking situation, maybe by getting rid of some of the superfluous attacking players - do they really need Lennon and Mirallas? Also maybe a question mark about recruiting a centre-half given the age of Williams and Jagielka, though it looks like Holgate is being groomed for that role.
    Good post, MA. They must get the managerial appointment right and rediscover some confidence. They also need a pacey striker asap. I think Shaun Dyche would be a good move for them, and he seems to be the favourite.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    The fact they never got a replacement for Lukaku is a display of unbelievable incompetence for club of their stature. They knew he was leaving from about March and yet for the next 5/6 months, all they could muster up on a shortlist was Giroud and they left that until deadline day. Total shambles.

I do wonder if they'll be better once if and when they get the likes of Coleman and Bolasie back, but that potentially brings further problems. How long until Coleman gets injured again and will he be the same player? Will Bolasie regain form after a long injury lay-off before it's too late?

I think of their signings Pickford and Keane were still decent and the right call but other than that they've bought overpriced players like Sigurdsson or taken massive risks on the likes of Klaassen, they've not thought about their squad balance, they've not attempted to shape the team to a particular style, they have no depth and nobody who can score goals, meanwhile the likes of Williams, Jagielka and Baines have gone backwards and Schneiderlin has turned into a pub player.

So yeah, unless they get somebody in who can crack the whip and install a bit of belief and determination, and has money to invest in January in somebody who can score goals, more FB depth and some pace out wide they're probably bang in trouble

You have to hand it to Everton. Finishing last season in a European spot, spending around £125 million in one transfer window and actually managing to make your team worse to the point where there's a genuine fear of being relegated is really quite an impressive achievement.

@hibs.net private member Green Badger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Did Koeman buy them, or do they have a DOF managing recruitment
    I think they brought in Steve Walsh last summer, the man credited with unearthing the likes of Mihraz, ****e etc at Leicester. Not sure if he was solely responsible for recruitment at Everton or if joint with Koeman.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    You have to hand it to Everton. Finishing last season in a European spot, spending around £125 million in one transfer window and actually managing to make your team worse to the point where there's a genuine fear of being relegated is really quite an impressive achievement.
    It's total incompetence by Koeman and the board. It would be hard to replicate such an amateur performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    It's total incompetence by Koeman and the board. It would be hard to replicate such an amateur performance.
    Just imagine what a competent manager/board could do with a war chest like that.

It's crazy to think that they've wasted all that money. I would be fuming if I was an Everton fan.

A lot of people were tipping them for challenging for a top four place this season given the money that they spent in the summer. Now it looks like they would bite your hand off for fourth bottom.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shore Hibs View Post
    I think they brought in Steve Walsh last summer, the man credited with unearthing the likes of Mihraz, ****e etc at Leicester. Not sure if he was solely responsible for recruitment at Everton or if joint with Koeman.

What's strange is that in bringing Steve Walsh, you assumed they would have gone down the route of trying to uncover hidden gems like Southampton did with Mane for example or more to the point, like Walsh apparently did with ****e & Mahrez for example.

I'm curious as to just what the **** he's been doing at Everton, seriously who have they signed where they needed his input?

Pickford & Keane had just had great seasons in the PL
    Rooney is self-explanatory
    Klaassen was clearly more a Koeman signing I'm assuming being a fellow countryman, again well known at Ajax played against Utd in the Europa final etc
    Sandro was ex-Barca youngster had just scored 14 goals in La Liga season before
    Sigurdsson obviously well known been in the PL for years and played a big part in keeping Swansea City up
    Vlasic they signed 'cos he played against them in the Europa League

So who exactly did they have this guy scouting? Seems to have been a total waste bringing him in and not utilizing him, or is he to blame for most of these signings...

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    The expectation levels of many Everton fans was huge this season. They believed they had at last managed to build a team capable of challenging the top four and were cock a hoop with anticipation of leaving Liverpool trailing behind them. I love how it's turned out so far.😂

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    The expectation levels of many Everton fans was huge this season. They believed they had at last managed to build a team capable of challenging the top four and were cock a hoop with anticipation of leaving Liverpool trailing behind them. I love how it's turned out so far.😂
    Meanwhile Liverpool are closer to Everton (in the relegation zone) than they are to the top of the league.

Just imagine what a competent manager/board could do with a war chest like that.

It's crazy to think that they've wasted all that money. I would be fuming if I was an Everton fan.

A lot of people were tipping them for challenging for a top four place this season given the money that they spent in the summer
    . Now it looks like they would bite your hand off for fourth bottom.
    I thought they'd be up there, despite losing Lukaku. However, they have failed to replace him with a like for like replacement and haven't signed any players with pace. Much of it comes down to confidence. I'm sure they will improve if they appoint the right man.

At least Everton have their pride.

There'll probably be less scousers at your next home match than was there tonight. 😆

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    At least Everton have their pride.

There'll probably be less scousers at your next home match than was there tonight. 😆
    Everton and pride!!!😂😂😂😂😂

That's a good one, up there with the Peoples Club bollox. A very Jamboesque retort to having a pish team.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 03-11-2017 at 05:49 AM.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    They lost their only real goal threat and then bought 3 number 10s which seemed ridiculous without really replacing Lukaku. What was really bizarre to me yesterday was that for an interim manager who probably has only 2 or 3 games to manage played such a weak team against a decent Lyon team who were always going to be tough.

Everton and pride!!!😂😂😂😂😂

That's a good one, up there with the Peoples Club bollox. A very Jamboesque retort to having a pish team.
    It is true though isnt it.

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    The fact they never got a replacement for Lukaku is a display of unbelievable incompetence for club of their stature. They knew he was leaving from about March and yet for the next 5/6 months, all they could muster up on a shortlist was Giroud and they left that until deadline day. Total shambles.

I do wonder if they'll be better once if and when they get the likes of Coleman and Bolasie back, but that potentially brings further problems. How long until Coleman gets injured again and will he be the same player? Will Bolasie regain form after a long injury lay-off before it's too late?

I think of their signings Pickford and Keane were still decent and the right call but other than that they've bought overpriced players like Sigurdsson or taken massive risks on the likes of Klaassen, they've not thought about their squad balance, they've not attempted to shape the team to a particular style, they have no depth and nobody who can score goals, meanwhile the likes of Williams, Jagielka and Baines have gone backwards and Schneiderlin has turned into a pub player.

So yeah, unless they get somebody in who can crack the whip and install a bit of belief and determination, and has money to invest in January in somebody who can score goals, more FB depth and some pace out wide they're probably bang in trouble
    Jury is well out on him IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    What's strange is that in bringing Steve Walsh, you assumed they would have gone down the route of trying to uncover hidden gems like Southampton did with Mane for example or more to the point, like Walsh apparently did with ****e & Mahrez for example.

I'm curious as to just what the **** he's been doing at Everton, seriously who have they signed where they needed his input?

Pickford & Keane had just had great seasons in the PL
    Rooney is self-explanatory

Klaassen was clearly more a Koeman signing I'm assuming being a fellow countryman, again well known at Ajax played against Utd in the Europa final etc
    Sandro was ex-Barca youngster had just scored 14 goals in La Liga season before
    Sigurdsson obviously well known been in the PL for years and played a big part in keeping Swansea City up
    Vlasic they signed 'cos he played against them in the Europa League

So who exactly did they have this guy scouting? Seems to have been a total waste bringing him in and not utilizing him, or is he to blame for most of these signings...
    Pickford i do think has been a success already, he's a good keeper. Keane i think will be a flop, very average player who will quickly drop down to the level he's more comfortable at, its certainly not a top 6 club IMO.

And Rooney, WTF, why would anyone sign him? He was finished 2 years ago, he's still capable of the odd flash of genius, but he was a very good centre forward, and a decent number 10 a few years ago, now he's just a slow journeyman who just moves the ball on to the nearest player, and offers little else.

A decent manager, a quick centre half, a quick striker and a couple of quick wide players and I think they'd have a great side.

Unfortunately that little lot would cost them the fat end of another £150 million.

They have good players, their good players haven't become poor overnight, but the balance is all wrong and as a team they are hopeless.

They're exactly like immediately-post-Griffiths Hibs. Plenty of decent players, no pace, no width, no creativity, no scoring threat, serious relegation candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    It is true though isnt it.
    Yes of course it's in Blue folklore so it must be!
    Total load of bollocks dreamed up as a smokescreen to mask their failures. Now taken as gospel by Everton sympathisers 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣