hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 251
  1. #61
    First Team Breakthrough andybev1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    161
    Although I see myself as anti-fascist, I had not heard of ANTIFA until the shootings in las vegas which IMO was a set up to, among other things, make anti fascits look bad (see false flags).

    Funny that their name is being used in a negative way now of all times in high profile campaign .

    Just a thought.
    Last edited by andybev1; 03-11-2017 at 11:27 AM.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #62
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    46
    Posts
    17,397
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeTeam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes they stand shoulder to shoulder with racist groups like BLM. There is lots of evidence online showing ANTIFA violence on our streets, them running around using violence wearing masks, dressing In uniform and branding people Nazi's unjustly to justify their violence and intolerance.

    ANTIFA or people associated with ANTIFA are acting more and more like extreme left wing terrorist group.
    Twaddle.

  4. #63
    @hibs.net proletariat member Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North stand
    Posts
    15,575
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Antifa isn't one entity, it is - as you have spotted - a loose coalition of people who have diverse views, but with one focal point.

    They exist to counter the growth of extreme far right views.

    I don't believe they are all religious, in fact most probably have no faith.

    There are some similarities between 1930s Europe and today, and some people on the far right are looking to take advantage of the chaos.

    While Antifa may not be ideal, and I have nothing to do with them, I have to applaud their efforts to shine a light on these home grown Nazis.
    Tbh what I wrote was probably for another board and a bit harsh. Your last sentence probably sums up my position.

    It goes without saying that these neo-fascists, or whatever they are, at the centre of this group have ulterior motives and are the more serious issue. There are conversations to be had but I'm not sure these football hooligans are the people to be having it with.

    What's their point? I mean, who actually likes terrorism?

  5. #64
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,035
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeTeam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes they stand shoulder to shoulder with racist groups like BLM. There is lots of evidence online showing ANTIFA violence on our streets, them running around using violence wearing masks, dressing In uniform and branding people Nazi's unjustly to justify their violence and intolerance.

    ANTIFA or people associated with ANTIFA are acting more and more like extreme left wing terrorist group.
    BLM is a racist group?

  6. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You really don't get out enough do you...or are you deliberately gullible?

    Robinson is a racist and a fascist to boot. Their march had nowhere near the support claimed and the profiling of the attendee showed direct links to the racist firms who attach themselves to English teams.

    Be under no illusions about this bunch. They are racists, fascist thugs and no-one who is not likewise inclined should give them the time of day...and apologists for them or those seeking to give them a platform for the sake of balance are just as bad, if not worse.
    Where is your proof that Robinson is a racist?

  7. #66
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    46
    Posts
    17,397
    Quote Originally Posted by geohibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where is your proof that Robinson is a racist?
    are you saying he's not? If so you're either accidentally stupid or worse. The proof, to answer your question, is in everything that comes out of his mouth and evident in his police record.

  8. #67
    @hibs.net proletariat member Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North stand
    Posts
    15,575
    Quote Originally Posted by geohibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where is your proof that Robinson is a racist?
    Come on, eh?

    If you say he isnít youíll be using the same technicalities that old firm fans use when they say their songs arenít bigoted.

  9. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    are you saying he's not? If so you're either accidentally stupid or worse. The proof, to answer your question, is in everything that comes out of his mouth and evident in his police record.
    why don't you just answer the question

  10. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by geohibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where is your proof that Robinson is a racist?
    'Every single Muslim watching this... on 7/7 you got away with killing and maiming British citizens... you had better understand that we have built a network from one end of the country to the other end... and the Islamic community will feel the full force of the English Defense League if we see any of our British citizens killed, maimed, or hurt on British soil ever again.' - Tommy Robinson 2011

    'Iíd personally send every adult male Muslim that has come into the EU over the past 12 months back tomorrow if I could. Fake refugees' - Tommy Robinson 2016

    I've highlighted the relevant areas for clarity. I'm not accepting the technicality that Islam isn't a race as a counter argument either.

    The skill of the articulate racist with a brain is they have the ability to moderate their tone and rhetoric to give a different impression and you sometimes have to scratch below the surface. Of course, as evidenced above, the mask still slips.
    I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

  11. #70
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Antwerp
    Posts
    7,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BLM is a racist group?
    It's an odd statement anyway.

  12. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by geohibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where is your proof that Robinson is a racist?
    His own self utterance prove he is.

    For the hard if learning or closet racists Robinson or Lennon or whatever other alias he uses has numerous quotes on the record of being an Islamaphobe. Islamaphobia is just rationalised racisism (see research from Rice University and the UN papers on the subject.

    It is akin to anti-semetism in that it uses the religion of a people to demonise them to hide the ethnic hatred behind it.

    If Robinson is not a fascist and a racist then Adolf Hitler was just a social worker.

    Wake up to reality and stop being an apologist for the indefensible.
    Last edited by hibbyfraelibby; 03-11-2017 at 01:01 PM.

  13. #72
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BLM is a racist group?
    Yes they are very racist you only need to find quotes from their membership and leadership to see how racist they are.

    They have members spouting the white privilege crap which is racist term and demanding white people hand over their homes to black or brown people, more racist crap from BLM. I have also seen signs at their protests stating kill all whites, whites are the devils etc.

    ANTIFA support this group so therefore they are associated with supporting racism and not to mention the other extreme left wing groups that make up ANTIFA.

    IMO ANTIFA are an extremist violent group and their actions support my views.

  14. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    'Every single Muslim watching this... on 7/7 you got away with killing and maiming British citizens... you had better understand that we have built a network from one end of the country to the other end... and the Islamic community will feel the full force of the English Defense League if we see any of our British citizens killed, maimed, or hurt on British soil ever again.' - Tommy Robinson 2011

    'Iíd personally send every adult male Muslim that has come into the EU over the past 12 months back tomorrow if I could. Fake refugees' - Tommy Robinson 2016

    I've highlighted the relevant areas for clarity. I'm not accepting the technicality that Islam isn't a race as a counter argument either.

    The skill of the articulate racist with a brain is they have the ability to moderate their tone and rhetoric to give a different impression and you sometimes have to scratch below the surface. Of course, as evidenced above, the mask still slips.
    So what race is he being racist to? you really need
    to answer the question

  15. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by geohibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So what race is he being racist to? you really need
    to answer the question
    I don't. It's been answered at length above why Islamaphobia is a veil for ethnic hatred.
    I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

  16. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't. It's been answered at length above why Islamaphobia is a veil for ethnic hatred.
    The problem with people like you are that if
    others don't agree with you then they are
    branded racist and nazi, it's pathetic, people
    like you are the real danger

  17. #76
    @hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Age
    44
    Posts
    8,030
    Quote Originally Posted by geohibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So what race is he being racist to? you really need
    to answer the question
    A race can be defined as any of the following:
    Each of the major divisions of humankind, having distinct physical characteristics.
    A group or set of people or things with a common feature or features.
    A group of people sharing the same culture, history, language, etc.; an ethnic group.
    A population within a species that is distinct in some way, especially a subspecies.

    That being the case, Islam is a race, Muslims are a race, the Scots are a race etc etc......not only is Robinson an extreme right wing, bigoted, nasty little hate filled bawbag, he is also most definetely a racist.

  18. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by geohibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The problem with people like you are that if
    others don't agree with you then they are
    branded racist and nazi, it's pathetic, people
    like you are the real danger
    Wow.

    I've given 2 direct quotes which show Robinson characterising an entire group of people based on the actions of a minority. That's racist, or religious bigotry if we're being pedantic. I'm not sure what more evidence you require.

    For the record I've not branded anyone, except one individual, a 'racist' or a 'nazi' and I've backed that claim up. I'd be obliged if you could provide evidence of me being a danger or a real problem or of me branding anyone, excepting Tommy Robinson, of being either or both of the 2 labels above.

  19. #78
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    46
    Posts
    17,397
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeTeam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes they are very racist you only need to find quotes from their membership and leadership to see how racist they are.

    They have members spouting the white privilege crap which is racist term and demanding white people hand over their homes to black or brown people, more racist crap from BLM. I have also seen signs at their protests stating kill all whites, whites are the devils etc.

    ANTIFA support this group so therefore they are associated with supporting racism and not to mention the other extreme left wing groups that make up ANTIFA.

    IMO ANTIFA are an extremist violent group and their actions support my views.
    I think your 'views' are quite clear.

  20. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by geohibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So what race is he being racist to? you really need
    to answer the question
    You really need to start educating yourself first.

    Start here.

    https://medium.com/@btawesome/islam-is-a-religion-islamophobia-is-racism-5b9e97fbc4b1

  21. #80
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    46
    Posts
    17,397
    Quote Originally Posted by geohibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So what race is he being racist to? you really need
    to answer the question
    He's answered the question. Also, the target of racism doesn't have to be a race, it can be any targeted group.

  22. #81
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think your 'views' are quite clear.
    Well I am trying to be clear as possible.

  23. #82
    @hibs.net proletariat member Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North stand
    Posts
    15,575
    Itís easy to see Robinsonís appeal when you watch him. Heís fairly articulate, intelligent, talks about emotive issues and makes some points that are hard to disagree with.

    Thatís what makes him pretty dangerous IMO. More the fool you if you canít see through his veil.

  24. #83
    @hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Leith Links
    Age
    50
    Posts
    5,631
    I remember some wee nyaff selling ďBulldogĒ, the old NF rag outside ER in the 80ís, Me and a few pals told him in no uncertain terms he wasnít welcome. The constable nearby agreed and the racist cleared off pronto never to be seen selling his racist crap again. No place for racism or racists at ER.

  25. #84
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    23,218
    Quote Originally Posted by geohibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The problem with people like you are that if
    others don't agree with you then they are
    branded racist and nazi, it's pathetic, people
    like you are the real danger
    dear oh dear.

  26. #85
    The FLA can GTF, some mental posts on this thread.

  27. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    'Every single Muslim watching this... on 7/7 you got away with killing and maiming British citizens... you had better understand that we have built a network from one end of the country to the other end... and the Islamic community will feel the full force of the English Defense League if we see any of our British citizens killed, maimed, or hurt on British soil ever again.' - Tommy Robinson 2011

    'Iíd personally send every adult male Muslim that has come into the EU over the past 12 months back tomorrow if I could. Fake refugees' - Tommy Robinson 2016

    I've highlighted the relevant areas for clarity. I'm not accepting the technicality that Islam isn't a race as a counter argument either.

    The skill of the articulate racist with a brain is they have the ability to moderate their tone and rhetoric to give a different impression and you sometimes have to scratch below the surface. Of course, as evidenced above, the mask still slips.
    Robinson is clearly implying that Muslims are non-British and that it is not a belief system separate from race by linking it to foreign refugees countering values he purports to represent. As he is a man only of violence, not of intellect too, he deals with bodies not deep thought and magnanimity, so Islam is not a belief system at all, just a label to a group of foreign enemies identified by skin-colour or those he sees as selling out to a enemiesí culture to those who donít fit in to his sense of identity, itís not about values.

    Letís not forget he basically stole government money in botched attempts to create alliances between potential extremists and moderate groups, when he had no intention in building bridges, so any noises about accepting moderate Muslims (whatever that means) from Robinson or these in FLA is almost certainly BS.

    I do think there does need to be conversation about extremism whether Northern Ireland paramilitary, British Nationalist neo-Nazi groups and Salafi
    sects. There has been some consideration on banning Salafism in Germany. Their main contention against non-Salafis or non-Wahabis is that if one doesnít believe in their narrow perverse form of Islam, Salafis count you as a kaffir or infidel and having no recourse to reasonableness in their sect, make violence an all to ready remedy to their spiritual and intellectual failings. As Nazism, a perverted movement in a Christian sense, if not the idea, is banned in Germany, Iím sure the similarities are apparent regarding Salafism.

  28. #87
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    23,218
    should this thread not be punted to the more political holy ground forum. just a thought.

  29. #88
    @hibs.net private member SRH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Newcastle/Gateshead
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,597
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think your 'views' are quite clear.
    I think with regards BLM it really depends on your idea of racism itself. There is most certainly a huge portion of BLM who are hugely anti-white as opposed to pro-black. A lot of liberal minded people are of the opinion that itís logically impossible to be racist against white people due to our standing in society. I definitely disagree with this and I think groups like BLM cause more of a divide - thus more societal conflict - than anything, and arenít really a net positive.

  30. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by 17SquirrelPower View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Robinson is clearly implying that Muslims are non-British and that it is not a belief system separate from race by linking it to foreign refugees countering values he purports to represent. As he is a man only of violence, not of intellect too, he deals with bodies not deep thought and magnanimity, so Islam is not a belief system at all, just a label to a group of foreign enemies identified by skin-colour or those he sees as selling out to a enemiesí culture to those who donít fit in to his sense of identity, itís not about values.

    Letís not forget he basically stole government money in botched attempts to create alliances between potential extremists and moderate groups, when he had no intention in building bridges, so any noises about accepting moderate Muslims (whatever that means) from Robinson or these in FLA is almost certainly BS.

    I do think there does need to be conversation about extremism whether Northern Ireland paramilitary, British Nationalist neo-Nazi groups and Salafi
    sects. There has been some consideration on banning Salafism in Germany. Their main contention against non-Salafis or non-Wahabis is that if one doesnít believe in their narrow perverse form of Islam, Salafis count you as a kaffir or infidel and having no recourse to reasonableness in their sect, make violence an all to ready remedy to their spiritual and intellectual failings. As Nazism, a perverted movement in a Christian sense, if not the idea, is banned in Germany, Iím sure the similarities are apparent regarding Salafism.
    I agree there needs to be a grown up discussion about extremism and how extremism is viewed and treated in different communities and also what is classified as extremism across cultural groups.

    Sadly in the modern political climate I don't see that happening.
    I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

  31. #90
    Testimonial Due Baader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London and Edinburgh
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,965
    Don't be fooled by the Tommy Robinsons and Nick Griffins of this world. Very careful never to say what they really mean and making themselves out to be some sort of advocates of 'freedom'. They are the opposite. Blackshirts in sheep's clothing.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved