hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 251
  1. #31
    Coaching Staff LancashireHibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Leigh, Lancashire
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,277
    The EDL started in an identical fashion. Don’t be fooled by the anti-Islam rhetoric, they’re anti-everybody who doesn’t fit in to their vision. Nothing to see here, move along.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    23,228
    Personally wouldnt give them the oxygen of publicity.

  4. #33
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,177
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Personally wouldnt give them the oxygen of publicity.
    I begrudge that they use the oxygen of oxygen.


    https://www.timeanddate.com/countdow...=0&min=0&sec=0 - days since Hearts last beat Hibs. Pleasing.

  5. #34
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Embra
    Posts
    222
    The only oxygen I'd give them is to tell them to go ****** themselves.

    Hibs are an inclusive club, founded to support the local community. We've just supported the ScotGov's anti racism/anti-homophobia/anti xenophobic campaign, and I hope fans back this, and reject the racist, non-inclusive, parochial, British Nationalist FLA.

    In short, they are not Hibs Class, and the only fans I would expect to give this organisation would be the deranged sevco lot.

    Don't be fooled by this mob, and support Hibernian Football club!

  6. #35
    First Team Breakthrough Renfrew_Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Renfrew, Renfrewshire
    Posts
    480
    Quote Originally Posted by Castle1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only oxygen I'd give them is to tell them to go ****** themselves.

    Hibs are an inclusive club, founded to support the local community. We've just supported the ScotGov's anti racism/anti-homophobia/anti xenophobic campaign, and I hope fans back this, and reject the racist, non-inclusive, parochial, British Nationalist FLA.

    In short, they are not Hibs Class, and the only fans I would expect to give this organisation would be the deranged sevco lot.

    Don't be fooled by this mob, and support Hibernian Football club!
    Well said Sir

  7. #36
    UEA Vault Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norwich
    Posts
    1,816
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: HibsGav
    They all look exactly the way you'd expect them to look, quite a spectacle really.

    Hibernian FC - Scottish Cup and Championship Winners
    (My Twitter)


  8. #37
    @hibs.net private member 21.05.2016's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    8,080
    Cringe.
    Sir David Gray


  9. #38
    @hibs.net private member SRH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Newcastle/Gateshead
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,600
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    How anyone can listen to Tommy Robinson speak then say with a straight face that “he’s not an idiot” beggars belief.


  10. #39
    FLAnnies.

  11. #40
    Testimonial Due Vini1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Glasgow
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,756
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You really don't get out enough do you...or are you deliberately gullible?

    Robinson is a racist and a fascist to boot. Their march had nowhere near the support claimed and the profiling of the attendee showed direct links to the racist firms who attach themselves to English teams.

    Be under no illusions about this bunch. They are racists, fascist thugs and no-one who is not likewise inclined should give them the time of day...and apologists for them or those seeking to give them a platform for the sake of balance are just as bad, if not worse.
    What's that meant to mean?

    Prove that Robinson is a racist. I think he is and the EDL and FLA, but I couldn't prove it and that is the point I was making, these characters are getting more astute at presenting themselves. To just say they are racist, facist thugs, but then be unable to back that up defeats your argument. The point is a lot of people will find their views similar to their own unless they can be defeated by reasoned arguments. Look at UKIP they got 4 million votes, FFS.

    This right wing **** is growing and just calling them names is not going to stop them.

  12. #41
    First Team Breakthrough andybev1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    161

    Thumbs Up

    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We don't have a problem with Islam. Or rather, we really shouldn't.

    We have an issue in that a particularly nasty, radical form of Islam causes total idiots to carry out atrocities.

    This is useful to ar5eholes who stand to profit from divisive, hateful rhetoric. That can come in the form of selling right-wing newspapers, making hateful television programmes or in this guys case a chance for a pitiful excuse of a human being to enjoy his 15 minutes of fame whilst he fronts a movement of like-minded bell ends.

    I'm not even going into the multi-factorial problems that exist in the middle east, but the fact is that there are a few more brown skinned people who follow a particular faith kicking about Europe now than there was a few years ago. That might be considered to be a "problem" by some, but one way or another we're going to have to learn how to deal with it, hopefully peacefully.

    We need to rise above groups like this, we need to see through them. This is not a positive step, not on any level. Nobody's "kids are going to be safer" with the existence of groups like this.

    Everyone that hasn't been booted in the head too often over the course of their life needs to tell them to gtf.

    I don't know what the solution to Islamic extremism is, but I know for a fact that it is not more extremism.
    Yep!

  13. #42
    @hibs.net private member majorhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Meadowbank, Edinburgh, Rio.
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,451
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can someone call Billy Brown's missus to come pick him up?
    The keyboard wise guy! Look forward to more from such an enlightened astute observer. Anyone can pick me up, cos I am not Billy Brown or even SunshineOnLieth, unfortunately!

  14. #43
    @hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    47
    Posts
    4,729
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1950659005259228??ti=ia

    This cropped up on my FB feed - should be of interest to everyone who is very much against the FLA and who will be at Easter Road this Saturday.

  15. #44
    Coaching Staff monktonharp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    pleasant valley eh15
    Age
    64
    Posts
    10,011
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeTeam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have some sympathy for decent guys who get caught up in the FLA. .
    seriously ? away and bile yer heid.

  16. #45
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1950659005259228??ti=ia

    This cropped up on my FB feed - should be of interest to everyone who is very much against the FLA and who will be at Easter Road this Saturday.
    Hibs away to Hamilton when that's taking place. If I don't get through for the game I might attend.

  17. #46
    @hibs.net private member Thecat23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Age
    39
    Posts
    16,322
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can someone call Billy Brown's missus to come pick him up?
    😂

  18. #47
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    seriously ? away and bile yer heid.
    I'm not pro FLA and I'm don't support it either. As I said i think its totally pointless people marching about achieving nothing but i do think there are men at the march who are not racist but they are simply voicing their disgust at the threat of Islamic Terrorism in their country. Sympathy probably is not the right word to use, its probably better described as me feeling sorry for them that they are joining groups like FLA thinking they are achieving anything or that it the correct place to voice their concerns. I don't agree with racist views at all and id never support any group that has any racist views (ANTIFA Included) but equally i don't think its racist to voice concerns about extreme forms of islam within the UK.

  19. #48
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1950659005259228??ti=ia

    This cropped up on my FB feed - should be of interest to everyone who is very much against the FLA and who will be at Easter Road this Saturday.
    Ermmm no thanks, it’s got Antifa hands all over it, a bunch of idiots protesting over another bunch of idiots! I’ll just decide not to listen to any far right or far left group by myself thanks 👍🏻

  20. #49
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    26,813
    Quote Originally Posted by TheReg! View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ermmm no thanks, it’s got Antifa hands all over it, a bunch of idiots protesting over another bunch of idiots! I’ll just decide not to listen to any far right or far left group by myself thanks 👍🏻


    indeed i personally dislike both groups

  21. #50
    @hibs.net proletariat member Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North stand
    Posts
    15,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1950659005259228??ti=ia

    This cropped up on my FB feed - should be of interest to everyone who is very much against the FLA and who will be at Easter Road this Saturday.
    I'm sorry but these counter protestors always seem like a mob formed from a mish-mash of campaigns and ideologies.

    What is their aim? An ideal world where we all live in harmony, free to live our lives regardless of race, colour or sexual orientation?

    Where do you want me to start? Pointing out contradictions from left to right in the picture they present or calling out crap from page one of any religious book they believe in?
    Last edited by Pete; 03-11-2017 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Autocorrect.

  22. #51
    @hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    47
    Posts
    4,729
    Won't be at any counter protest myself, but the leafleting at Saturdays game will highlight the proposed march by the FLA group, and if fans are unhappy to see this march taking place they can decide themselves whether or not to counter protest. No harm at all in the leafleting at Saturdays game.

  23. #52
    @hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Southside
    Posts
    2,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sorry but these counter protestors always seem like a mob formed from a mish-mash of campaigns and ideologies.

    What is there aim? An ideal world where we all live in harmony, free to live our lives regardless of race, colour or sexual orientation?

    Where do you want me to start? Pointing out contradictions from left to right in the picture they present or calling out crap from page one of any religious book they believe in?
    Antifa isn't one entity, it is - as you have spotted - a loose coalition of people who have diverse views, but with one focal point.

    They exist to counter the growth of extreme far right views.

    I don't believe they are all religious, in fact most probably have no faith.

    There are some similarities between 1930s Europe and today, and some people on the far right are looking to take advantage of the chaos.

    While Antifa may not be ideal, and I have nothing to do with them, I have to applaud their efforts to shine a light on these home grown Nazis.

  24. #53
    @hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,458
    Blog Entries
    1
    Always find best not to give these types a name nor platform to spread their agenda as doing so simply ligitimises them!

  25. #54
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    23,228
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Always find best not to give these types a name nor platform to spread their agenda as doing so simply ligitimises them!
    indeed as usual poor for the record to do so and hear also to be honest.

  26. #55
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    46
    Posts
    17,404
    There's worrying tendency on here seemingly to equate the far right street gangs with the 'antifa', those protesting against the fascists. It's lazy and inaccurate, as if we've taken the 'both cheeks of the same erse' argument we use to define the old firm, and to argue that Celtic are just as bad as Rangers, to new levels of stupidity.

    There should only be two sides, fascists on one side and those who disapprove of fascism on the other. Anything else is ignoring what's right of front of your face. If you can't see the FLA for what they are you're very naive.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 03-11-2017 at 10:19 AM.

  27. #56
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,311
    FLA have no place at ER. Our club is built on being inclusive. This “new” mob are trying to use football to get oxygen for their own views over to a wider audience I hope Hibs fans chase them out of Leith

  28. #57
    Coaching Staff Betty Boop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sunny Leith
    Posts
    8,232
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeTeam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not pro FLA and I'm don't support it either. As I said i think its totally pointless people marching about achieving nothing but i do think there are men at the march who are not racist but they are simply voicing their disgust at the threat of Islamic Terrorism in their country. Sympathy probably is not the right word to use, its probably better described as me feeling sorry for them that they are joining groups like FLA thinking they are achieving anything or that it the correct place to voice their concerns. I don't agree with racist views at all and id never support any group that has any racist views (ANTIFA Included) but equally i don't think its racist to voice concerns about extreme forms of islam within the UK.
    ANTIFA has racist views ? Really ?

  29. #58
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ANTIFA has racist views ? Really ?
    Was thinking similar. Anyone who thinks that fascists should be ignored and left alone to drum up support amongst the hard of thinking need their heads looking at and remedial history lessons.
    Last edited by Hibrandenburg; 03-11-2017 at 11:07 AM.

  30. #59
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    23,228
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's worrying tendency on here seemingly to equate the far right street gangs with the 'antifa', those protesting against the fascists. It's lazy and inaccurate, as if we've taken the 'both cheeks of the same erse' argument we use to define the old firm, and to argue that Celtic are just as bad as Rangers, to new levels of stupidity.

    There should only be two sides, fascists on one side and those who disapprove of fascism on the other. Anything else is ignoring what's right of front of your face. If you can't see the FLA for what they are you're very naive.
    Absolutey spot on. Breathtaking naivety or mischief making.

  31. #60
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ANTIFA has racist views ? Really ?
    Yes they stand shoulder to shoulder with racist groups like BLM. There is lots of evidence online showing ANTIFA violence on our streets, them running around using violence wearing masks, dressing In uniform and branding people Nazi's unjustly to justify their violence and intolerance.

    ANTIFA or people associated with ANTIFA are acting more and more like extreme left wing terrorist group.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved