hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

'Football Lads Alliance'

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...tment-11422487

Apparently targetting Hibs and Hearts fans for recruitment, there's leafleting in opposition to them at this Saturday's game.

First Team Regular Salt N Sauzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...tment-11422487

Apparently targetting Hibs and Hearts fans for recruitment, there's leafleting in opposition to them at this Saturday's game.
    They can get so far to fk

Quote Originally Posted by Salt N Sauzee View Post
    They can get so far to fk
    I concur

@hibs.net private member proud_and_green's Avatar
    I saw something on BBC news online about them a week or so back. A bunch of shaven headed fat men peddling the same disgusting racist crap as the national front, BNP and English Defence League.

Not in my name thanks, they should be resisted!

Quote Originally Posted by proud_and_green View Post
    I saw something on BBC news online about them a week or so back. A bunch of shaven headed fat men peddling the same disgusting racist crap as the national front, BNP and English Defence League.

Not in my name thanks, they should be resisted!
    I hope this is something Hibs fans will want nothing to do with, but having had a look at their Facebook page I see a few Hibs 'Lads' are on it (something a bit odd to me about men in their 50s calling themselves 'football lads', but hey-ho).

First Team Breakthrough vercol36's Avatar
    I hope this is something Hibs fans will want nothing to do with, but having had a look at their Facebook page I see a few Hibs 'Lads' are on it (something a bit odd to me about men in their 50s calling themselves 'football lads', but hey-ho).

It'll be those fat middle-aged 'lads' who occasionally used to stand in the middle of the Section 43 toilets having a fag before the doors started being opened at the back. I remember once a few years back the SDL were having one of their wee tantrums outside parliament, and all the old Hibs 'lads' suddenly turned up to a game - I assume since the police were otherwise engaged, they weren't at the football to kb the ones with banning orders. Bunch of these jokers stood smoking in the toilet, chatting about the folk they knew who were at the rally.

Thanks ****** these idiots are a dying breed.

First Team Breakthrough lgnsh70's Avatar
    A good load of them'll be in their mid to late 50s with some very probably Granddads who'd be far better off looking after themselves and their families than getting mixed up with a bunch of neo nazis.

Dearie me.

Glory Glory

To try and give some balance to the conversation. I have done some research into this group and it is not ias would seem with what has been said. Firstly, their last match in London attracted over 30,000 football fans from teams all across England, all different races and background. No arrests, no BNP banners or Nazi flags etc etc, it was a march against extremists within the U.K.

Additionally, I see that Dianne Abott has called them right wing and extremist and racist,, which is her go to place for most people she doesn't agree with.

I'm not saying there isn't an element within the group, it seems that there maybe. But if we are to believe the word of the BBC, Daily Record and Dianne Abbot then we really are drifting to a dark place.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
    To try and give some balance to the conversation. I have done some research into this group and it is not ias would seem with what has been said. Firstly, their last match in London attracted over 30,000 football fans from teams all across England, all different races and background. No arrests, no BNP banners or Nazi flags etc etc, it was a march against extremists within the U.K.

Additionally, I see that Dianne Abott has called them right wing and extremist and racist,, which is her go to place for most people she doesn't agree with.

I'm not saying there isn't an element within the group, it seems that there maybe. But if we are to believe the word of the BBC, Daily Record and Dianne Abbot then we really are drifting to a dark place.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_Lads_Alliance

Not as dark a place as the leaders of this group would like to lead some of us. There are some links to the march you refer to. Unfortunately, a section of the marchers din't quite adhere to the description you provide. Several more links to issues with their rather right wings supporters like Tony Robinson.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_Lads_Alliance

Not as dark a place as the leaders of this group would like to lead some of us. There are some links to the march you refer to. Unfortunately, a section of the marchers din't quite adhere to the description you provide. Several more links to issues with their rather right wings supporters like Tony Robinson.
    I think you mean Tommy Robinson?

Tony Robinson played Baldrick and is a member of the Labour Party.

@hibs.net private member 21.05.2016's Avatar
    Cringe.
    Sir David Gray

What could they hope to achieve with a march against extremists? Everyone except the extremists already agree with them and the extremists obviously don't care. More likely they were just looking to stir up trouble.

Beware the scary fat bald men who think they're 21. The Russians must be shaking in their jackboots...

I assume the Rangers 'lads' who displayed their banner so proudly on the last march will be extending their condemnation of religious extremism across the board and denouncing the Orange Order immediately.

If so then fair play to them, about time they took a stand against the bigots within their own support and community.
    I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

When hibs went up to lift the Scottish cup, I was there!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I assume the Rangers 'lads' who displayed their banner so proudly on the last march will be extending their condemnation of religious extremism across the board and denouncing the Orange Order immediately.

If so then fair play to them, about time they took a stand against the bigots within their own support and community.

#persevered

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

But but not all religious extremism.....its they islams

I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag... Sir David Gray's Avatar

I'm personally doubtful about the intentions of some of the people who attach themselves to groups like this and think there's a bit more to it than genuinely trying to make a stand against terrorism. However if you're hated by a racist bigot such as Diane Abbott then you must be doing something right.
    HIBERNIAN F.C. - SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

@hibs.net private member Johnny Clash's Avatar
    If supporters are concerned about extremism then why not get behind something like ‘show racism the red card’ which Hibs are affiliated to.

The FLA was set up to try unite ‘lads’ - the term used down south for the ’lads’ running about in the various firns down here . I agree with those who’ve said it’s more of a front for right wing groups who are attempting this “march and grow” tactic. I remember when BNP used to leaflet outside Ibrox and Tynecastle but never came near Easter Road so hopefully they’ll get zero support if they do appear.

The EDL started in an identical fashion. Don’t be fooled by the anti-Islam rhetoric, they’re anti-everybody who doesn’t fit in to their vision. Nothing to see here, move along.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Personally wouldnt give them the oxygen of publicity.

Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Personally wouldnt give them the oxygen of publicity.
    I begrudge that they use the oxygen of oxygen.

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdow...=0&min=0&sec=0 - days since Hearts last beat Hibs. Pleasing.

First Team Breakthrough
    The only oxygen I'd give them is to tell them to go ****** themselves.

Hibs are an inclusive club, founded to support the local community. We've just supported the ScotGov's anti racism/anti-homophobia/anti xenophobic campaign, and I hope fans back this, and reject the racist, non-inclusive, parochial, British Nationalist FLA.

In short, they are not Hibs Class, and the only fans I would expect to give this organisation would be the deranged sevco lot.

Don't be fooled by this mob, and support Hibernian Football club!

First Team Breakthrough Renfrew_Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Castle1875 View Post
    The only oxygen I'd give them is to tell them to go ****** themselves.

Hibs are an inclusive club, founded to support the local community. We've just supported the ScotGov's anti racism/anti-homophobia/anti xenophobic campaign, and I hope fans back this, and reject the racist, non-inclusive, parochial, British Nationalist FLA.

In short, they are not Hibs Class, and the only fans I would expect to give this organisation would be the deranged sevco lot.

Don't be fooled by this mob, and support Hibernian Football club!
    Well said Sir

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsGav
    They all look exactly the way you'd expect them to look, quite a spectacle really.

Hibernian FC - Scottish Cup and Championship Winners
    (My Twitter)

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    How anyone can listen to Tommy Robinson speak then say with a straight face that “he’s not an idiot” beggars belief.

FLAnnies.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Always find best not to give these types a name nor platform to spread their agenda as doing so simply ligitimises them!

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Always find best not to give these types a name nor platform to spread their agenda as doing so simply ligitimises them!
    indeed as usual poor for the record to do so and hear also to be honest.

There's worrying tendency on here seemingly to equate the far right street gangs with the 'antifa', those protesting against the fascists. It's lazy and inaccurate, as if we've taken the 'both cheeks of the same erse' argument we use to define the old firm, and to argue that Celtic are just as bad as Rangers, to new levels of stupidity.

There should only be two sides, fascists on one side and those who disapprove of fascism on the other. Anything else is ignoring what's right of front of your face. If you can't see the FLA for what they are you're very naive.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 03-11-2017 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    There's worrying tendency on here seemingly to equate the far right street gangs with the 'antifa', those protesting against the fascists. It's lazy and inaccurate, as if we've taken the 'both cheeks of the same erse' argument we use to define the old firm, and to argue that Celtic are just as bad as Rangers, to new levels of stupidity.

There should only be two sides, fascists on one side and those who disapprove of fascism on the other. Anything else is ignoring what's right of front of your face. If you can't see the FLA for what they are you're very naive.
    Absolutey spot on. Breathtaking naivety or mischief making.