hibs.net Messageboard

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Smiling View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To think we outplayed Dundee. Worth a draw against Aberdeen and lost two goals against Motherwell at home....could easily have an additional 5 points!!
    And were 10 minutes away from beating Celtic....7 points

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    And were 10 minutes away from beating Celtic....7 points
    What about St Johnstone draw? Couldve won that by all accounts, but football is all ifs and buts really. Just glad we're starting to get into some form.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Anyone know when we last won 3 or 4 consecutive top league games? Hardly spectacular form, but recalling how poor we were for a number of reasons before relegation it could be a good few years ago. Great chance to make it 4 on Sat.
    We won 3 in a row in 2013-14 (relegation season funnily enough). We beat Ross County, Kilmarnock and Hearts in successive games before it all went wrong (we then only won one game for the last 4 months of the season).

We last won 4 in a row in 2010-11 (we actually won 5 in a row during that sequence) in February/March 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    Okay, I didn't say anything that contradicts that though
    You said the squad looked weak to be fair which was a nonsense comment

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    We won 3 in a row in 2013-14 (relegation season funnily enough). We beat Ross County, Kilmarnock and Hearts in successive games before it all went wrong (we then only won one game for the last 4 months of the season).

We last won 4 in a row in 2010-11 (we actually won 5 in a row during that sequence) in February/March 2011.
    Thanks for that info.
    Hopefully go on to set some new records.

Fixtures for the weekend:

Hibs v Dundee
    St Johnstone v Celtic
    Hamilton v Aberdeen
    Sevco v Partick Thistle
    Ross County v Motherwell
    Kilmarnock v Hertz ( Sun )

So providing we win against Dundee:

Cant see St Johnstone in their form getting anything from Celtic, so that would put us 10 points in front of them.
    Hamilton is a possible banana skin for the Dons given their good win at Dundee, so a draw would put us only 1 point behind them, though having played a game more.
    Sevco crushed the Yams and Partick are poor at the moment, cant see anything other than a Sevco win, which still leaves us a point in front of them, though once again having played a game more.
    Ross County have been better since Coyle came in so I could see a draw there, which would put us 5 points in front of Motherwell, yet again having played one more game.
    Killie even though we beat them tonight have definitely improved and they put us under a bit of pressure too, if they can sneak a cheeky wee win against the Yams that would put us 10 points in front of them with an at least plus 12 goal difference

Nothing like the above will probably happen ... just so long as we win will be enough for me

P.S.
    If Killie do beat the Yams and Partick scramble a draw at the Huns that would leave the 'famous' 4 points from the automatic relegation place .. or as we call it ... bottom

Just back and funnily enough overall probably one of our poorer performances this season bar the opening 20 mins. However we were solid at the back with Rocky and the back 4 superb and clinical (for once) in attack. Just hope the knocks Murray and SJM took are nothing too serious. Great win and a tremendous week

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Three wins in a week; up to third in the league; seven points ahead of Hearts. All very encouraging.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Just back and funnily enough overall probably one of our poorer performances this season bar the opening 20 mins. However we were solid at the back with Rocky and the back 4 superb and clinical (for once) in attack. Just hope the knocks Murray and SJM took are nothing too serious. Great win and a tremendous week

Indeed, weird result in many ways - thought we were very flat for large parts of it. So, maybe makes up a little for other games when we should have won but only drew.

And it shows the 'steel' that Lennon has put in the team - defensively very good tonight.

And Kilmarnock will play a lot, lot worse and win other games.

But, yeah, bit of a flattering result, given the performance. Still, who cares..?

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Stanton View Post
    Indeed, weird result in many ways - thought we were very flat for large parts of it. So, maybe makes up a little for other games when we should have won but only drew.

And it shows the 'steel' that Lennon has put in the team - defensively very good tonight.

But, yeah, bit of a flattering result, given the performance. Still, who cares..?
    Exactly I will.take a dirty win any day. I was equally impressed with Killie tonight...like the boy Jordan Jones and am hopeful they will pump the Yams at Muddyfield this weekend if they play like that again

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Stanton View Post

That was our 5th game in a fortnight and in that run we played a tough Aberdeen game a semi final a derby match and one of the form teams in the league away from home .... given that I wouldn't be surprised if the players were beginning to feel it a wee bit .... one last push on Saturday and then most of them will get a chance to recharge the batteries and recover from any niggling injuries.

Good win but 3-0 flattered us. Thought Efe and Hanlon were excellent again and McGinn is just getting better and better.

What was the Away attendance I missed it in the tannoy?

Also, why do Killie sing rangers songs?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post

Hibs v Dundee
    St Johnstone v Celtic
    Hamilton v Aberdeen
    Sevco v Partick Thistle
    Ross County v Motherwell

Cant see St Johnstone in their form getting anything from Celtic, so that would put us 10 points in front of them.
    Hamilton is a possible banana skin for the Dons given their good win at Dundee, so a draw would put us only 1 point behind them, though having played a game more.
    Sevco crushed the Yams and Partick are poor at the moment, cant see anything other than a Sevco win, which still leaves us a point in front of them, though once again having played a game more.
    Ross County have been better since Coyle came in so I could see a draw there, which would put us 5 points in front of Motherwell, yet again having played one more game.
    Killie even though we beat them tonight have definitely improved and they put us under a bit of pressure too, if they can sneak a cheeky wee win against the Yams that would put us 10 points in front of them with an at least plus 12 goal difference

Nothing like the above will probably happen ... just so long as we win will be enough for me

P.S.
    If Killie do beat the Yams and Partick scramble a draw at the Huns that would leave the 'famous' 4 points from the automatic relegation place .. or as we call it ... bottom
    As they’re clearly aping ‘The Famous Five’ with their ‘The Famous’ nonsense, it’d be apt to remember they are, in fact, ‘The Terrible’ after their ‘Terrible Trio’ of Alfie Conn, Jimmy Swindle and Nobby Steel.

@hibs.net private member renato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman1875 View Post
    Good win but 3-0 flattered us. Thought Efe and Hanlon were excellent again and McGinn is just getting better and better.

What was the Away attendance I missed it in the tannoy?

Also, why do Killie sing rangers songs?!

918. Their song book was super gash tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by renato View Post
    918. Their song book was super gash tonight!
    Agreed! One of the worst I’ve heard at an Away game!

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz1875 View Post
    In Valencia celebrating with a jug of sangria
    Definitely thought this was a response to the "Where does this leave Stokesy?" question from earlier in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Not sure what's funny about that.

An away draw on a Tuesday night after 2 games last week on a ***** pitch against a team with a new manager bounce and coming off 2 good results would have been a very decent result. A win is an outstanding one.
    although I did expect us to win by the odd goal

Quote Originally Posted by hibbykeith View Post
    McGinn off for Slivka.

HTV saying McGinn was stretching his hamstring prior to the sub so possibly not taking any chances with a potential injury.
    that is a real worry. hope he is fine

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    Attendance:5,005
    that's a couple of thousand more than I expected to be honest. Killie have had a couple of great comeback results against the OF, but thought it would be nearer 3.5k tonight.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    McGinn was a doubt before the game with a thigh strain

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...llie-1-4601692
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Just in the door now and clinical would be the one word I'd use to describe our performance tonight.

Midfield looked knackered and didn't have the same verve and intensity as usual which allowed Killie a lot more time and space.

Had they scored a goal or 2 it would have been thoroughly deserved, Marciano looked sharp and they hit the post 3 times AND potentially should have had a penalty but we were due someone a spanking and the wee Huns will do me fine.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar

Hibs v Dundee
    St Johnstone v Celtic
    Hamilton v Aberdeen
    Sevco v Partick Thistle
    Ross County v Motherwell

P.S.
    All the above correct, one thing though the games that Aberdeen and Rangers have in hand on us is against each other, and it is the same with Motherwell and Celtic. Something has to give when those games are played.

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    That was our 5th game in a fortnight and in that run we played a tough Aberdeen game a semi final a derby match and one of the form teams in the league away from home .... given that I wouldn't be surprised if the players were beginning to feel it a wee bit .... one last push on Saturday and then most of them will get a chance to recharge the batteries and recover from any niggling injuries.
    Was at the game tonight and I definitely think that was the case.

We didn't have any of our usual energy in midfield and although Dylan and SJM both played okay they didn't look as fit as usual or cover as much ground.

Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    There's a lot of our support don't rate Simon Murray
    very confused. he has done very well, in most of his appearances and I don't recal any real complaints

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    Scotland doesnt have a national broadcaster yet

We have someone elses in the meantime (bbc)

Can't wait for Hibs v Celtic.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    There's a lot of our support don't rate Simon Murray

A fair number of the supporters were doubtful about our signing him at the time he signed.

I have to say that I was one of them based on what I had seen of him playing for the Arabs, and I said so.

But once he started to show what he could do that changed. Hibs' style of play clearly suits him and his form has been excellent whenever he's played. I was entirely wrong in my assessment of the guy, and I'm not afraid to say so.

Nor am I the only one who has said that.

Simon's scored some terrific goals in crucial games for us and appears to be going from strength to strength. I'm hearing absolutely no criticism of him at all - as is only right regarding a young player with his scoring record - not to mention the effect he has on the players around him.

Great bit of business - Neil was absolutely right to be praising him up from the start.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    very confused. he has done very well, in most of his appearances and I don't recal any real complaints
    There's been many comments on here that he's not good enough for this level,struggles to score against stronger opposition,Lennon doesn't rate him anymore (lol which is ridiculous) personally I rate him must be a nightmare to play against,yes there's room for improvement but I think he's been brilliant for us.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    What about St Johnstone draw? Couldve won that by all accounts, but football is all ifs and buts really. Just glad we're starting to get into some form.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    A fair number of the supporters were doubtful about our signing him at the time he signed.

I have to say that I was one of them based on what I had seen of him playing for the Arabs, and I said so.

But once he started to show what he could do that changed. Hibs' style of play clearly suits him and his form has been excellent whenever he's played. I was entirely wrong in my assessment of the guy, and I'm not afraid to say so.

Nor am I the only one who has said that.

Simon's scored some terrific goals in crucial games for us and appears to be going from strength to strength. I'm hearing absolutely no criticism of him at all - as is only right regarding a young player with his scoring record - not to mention the effect he has on the players around him.

Great bit of business - Neil was absolutely right to be praising him up from the start.
    Spot on great bit of business and he will only get better. Personally always liked him and thought he would do well for us though appreciate it is still early days. He has an amazing hard working attitude which is half the battle for a player.