hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar

Football Lads Alliance - Scottish Recruitment Drive

John Meighan, the organiser of The Football Lads Alliance seems to think he can get us Hibs fans to link arms with Hearts, Rangers and Celtic fans and get involved - good luck with that chief.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...arebar_twitter

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    John Meighan, the organiser of The Football Lads Alliance seems to think he can get us Hibs fans to link arms with Hearts, Rangers and Celtic fans and get involved - good luck with that chief.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...arebar_twitter
    I hope that pathetic racist gets sent home with his tail between his legs.

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Would be sickening to see our club crest anywhere near these mutants like in the attached photos.
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by essexhibee View Post
    Would be sickening to see our club crest anywhere near these mutants like in the attached photos.
    Can we forward this to the club? I'm guessing this may be trademark or copyright infringement?

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

I daren't click on the link but i did search his name and it returned, John Meighan - the threat of a new racist movement on the ...

That was enough for me.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Can't wait to get together with the Hearts and Rangers football lads.

Leith Billy Boys.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Can we forward this to the club? I'm guessing this may be trademark or copyright infringement?
    That's the Record's doing, not the FLA.

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    I hope that pathetic racist gets sent home with his tail between his legs.

I'm interested if you read the full article. I didn't see that he had ever been convicted of racism.

As far as I could make out, there are a number of people coming together, a small number of them have history for acts or racism, some for footballing offences. It seems a bit lazy, and very sensationalist to call it a 'far right' gathering. It is this type of nonsense which gives weight to these folks argument.

References to what the guy was wearing, donating to foodbanks and Palestine have nothing to do with the issue and, imo, are there to bolster a pretty poorly written article.

He will get the same welcome his hero John Tyndall got when he turned up at Haymarket Station 25 years ago.

A Get Away Tae message wrapped in a half brick.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    That's the Record's doing, not the FLA.
    they still have a cheek using official club badges on that article...I would be having a word if I was Leanne, tell the Record that we never want our club associated with that organisation in future or we will take action for copyright infringement. I believe they need permission to use our official logo.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    WTF?

If the guy wasn't trying to be taken seriously, I'd liken it to a perverse form of speed dating - aye pal, stick me down for a couple of huns as my grass needs cut and they're better at it than sheep, a couple of Airdrie types as the septic tank keeps backfilling and I'll have one yam as the jester has just died.

We should get Hibs logo right out of there as well.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    I'm interested if you read the full article. I didn't see that he had ever been convicted of racism.

As far as I could make out, there are a number of people coming together, a small number of them have history for acts or racism, some for footballing offences. It seems a bit lazy, and very sensationalist to call it a 'far right' gathering. It is this type of nonsense which gives weight to these folks argument.

References to what the guy was wearing, donating to foodbanks and Palestine have nothing to do with the issue and, imo, are there to bolster a pretty poorly written article.
    I did read the full article and I would agree it's badly written (well it is the Daily record after all) since your post I have done a bit of checking and looked at the groups own Facebook page and related articles and press releases. To be fair, the guy seems to be stressing - no flags, no racism - but equally he seems to have a very very vague idea of what he is trying to achieve. He is calling on the government to "do something" about Radical Muslims, but he doesn't actually specify what it is he wants done. Although he does suggest "some form of confinement" for anyone on a watch list in one of his interviews.

I don't know where you live , but I can tell you there are plenty of angry racist football supporting guys down here in England who will jump on this and even if the instigators initial intention is not racist, It will end up that way. "Football Lads Alliance" is a pretty sexist way to start things as well. He admits himself that supporters of show Racism the Red card were abused by some of his supporters on their London march. Tommy Robinson was at the march and if he is supporting it..I'm out !

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    Can't wait to get together with the Hearts and Rangers football lads.

Leith Billy Boys.
    Laughed out loud at that

Movements against Islamic extremism are one thing ... everybody with an ounce of sense can see the value of that and everybody from politicians to the overwhelming majority of the Muslim community would support any group which strives to put an end to it through community engagement and education and yes perhaps even dignified public demonstrations.

But if you want to start such a movement the last, the very last, place to start it is to get a load of football fans together and call it of all things 'the football lads alliance' especially when you are a guy with a past history of football related anti social behaviour. Like it or not the not entirely unjustified public perception of 'football fans' when it comes to their involvement in the political arena is of attachment to ultra right wing views and mindless intolerance.
    The game itself has it tough enough from currently working against a background of investigations into historic child abuse, homophobia and racism which has only weeks ago lead to the sacking of the England women's football team manager without a bunch of right wing idiots trying to draw its followers into this area under the guise of fans coming together to fight extremism.

If this guy thinks anybody is stupid enough to believe his motives are purely to promote a harmonious coming together of the moderate Muslim community and the general population his head must zip up the bloody back and worse he must think ours do. What he is going to attract are the usual suspects and a few ordinary fans stupid enough to believe his nonsense.

He might have some moderate success around Ibrox and perhaps even the odd bite down in Gorgie ...... but I would hope that not a single Hibs fan would touch this crap with a bargepole and if I for one see any of his acolytes outside Easter Road I will make my feelings clear to them.

Not for me after seeing a few interviews with them on YouTube .
    That Robinson is involved too, nae chance !

@hibs.net private member
    I'm interested - Does anyone actually think this is a good thing:? For me, it is just an attempt at peddling hate under another banner...

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Movements against Islamic extremism are one thing ... everybody with an ounce of sense can see the value of that and everybody from politicians to the overwhelming majority of the Muslim community would support any group which strives to put an end to it through community engagement and education and yes perhaps even dignified public demonstrations.

But if you want to start such a movement the last, the very last, place to start it is to get a load of football fans together and call it of all things 'the football lads alliance' especially when you are a guy with a past history of football related anti social behaviour. Like it or not the not entirely unjustified public perception of 'football fans' when it comes to their involvement in the political arena is of attachment to ultra right wing views and mindless intolerance.
    The game itself has it tough enough from currently working against a background of investigations into historic child abuse, homophobia and racism which has only weeks ago lead to the sacking of the England women's football team manager without a bunch of right wing idiots trying to draw its followers into this area under the guise of fans coming together to fight extremism.

If this guy thinks anybody is stupid enough to believe his motives are purely to promote a harmonious coming together of the moderate Muslim community and the general population his head must zip up the bloody back and worse he must think ours do. What he is going to attract are the usual suspects and a few ordinary fans stupid enough to believe his nonsense.

He might have some moderate success around Ibrox and perhaps even the odd bite down in Gorgie ...... but I would hope that not a single Hibs fan would touch this crap with a bargepole and if I for one see any of his acolytes outside Easter Road I will make my feelings clear to them.
    Nicely put !

Left by mutual consent!
    Great day out for the Britnats amongst our support, fantastic opportunity to belt out all their favourite tunes that they don't get the chance to sing at Easter Road.

😄

Scary times we're living in.

I think it's important to raise awareness of the threat of terrorism and Islamist extremism.

It's never really mentioned and a lot of people may not know it exists.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    Great day out for the Britnats amongst our support, fantastic opportunity to belt out all their favourite tunes that they don't get the chance to sing at Easter Road.

😄
    Equating people who call themselves British with racism is totally out of order and should not be on this site.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Don’t be too resting on laurels.
    You only need to go back to 98 World Cup where a bus was stopped crossing the boarder from Spain. Google it and you’ll find links to the BNP. There was a cross section of fans iirc.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Never heard of this clown, and I don't know why a national newspaper would give him the oxygen of publicity. I'd rather have the lunatic fringe kept very much on the fringe.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Don’t be too resting on laurels.
    You only need to go back to 98 World Cup where a bus was stopped crossing the boarder from Spain. Google it and you’ll find links to the BNP. There was a cross section of fans iirc.
    Spot on, few delusional folk that think some of our support would never get involved in this gash. Specs off lads.
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    The idea that these “lads”, most of him are late 40’s/early 50’s judging by by the English gathering, is non-rascist is laughable. Hibs unfortunately have a very small number of fans linked to the SDL but 99% of supporters wouldn’t give them the time of day let alone get involved.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Equating people who call themselves British with racism is totally out of order and should not be on this site.
    At least make the fishing trip challenging 😂

Get these ****bags as far away from our club and fans as possible. Hope their March in Edinburgh gets the welcome they deserve as well. ****bags. Bunch of brainwashed racists.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk