hibs.net Messageboard

Left by mutual consent!

Shriners and Turkish Airlines Opens. (Golf)

It was very hard to believe DJ would capitulate a six shot lead to Justin Rose but that's exactly what happened in the final round on Sunday in the WGC-HSBC. In the PGA Sanderson Farms Championship Ryan Armour won his first tour win. I was on Seamus Power who at one point in the third round drew level with leader Armour at 10 under but Power failed to capatilise and finished down the field by end of play Sunday with Armour going on to win quite handsomely by 5 strokes.

This week in the European tour Turkish Airlines both Pepperell and Aphibarnrat are taking part and I'll be having a wee bet on this pair who've both been playing well recently. In the PGA Shriners Open I'll be sticking with Power and taking Vaughn Taylor who played quite well in the Sanderson Farms.

Certain to be competitive with some great golf being played as has been the case over the last while.

Bets put on the ones above and just for sake added Richard Sterne for the Turkish Airlines Open.

Good luck to anyone else having a wee wager.

GGTTH
    Last edited by Tornadoes70; 31-10-2017 at 01:06 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Don’t think you’ll be far off the mark with Aphibarnrat.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Got to be happy with my two selections Pepperell and Aphibarnrat's first rounds both sitting two off the pace. They're both in form players especially Aphibarnrat who's been seriously close to winning a few lately. However as you and I both know it just takes one bad round to descend down the field out of contention but here's hoping. Luiten is up there again and he's another seriously in form player. Lots of good golfers still just a handful of shots of the pace and I never take anything for granted until the final hole.

Nowadays I'm always just glad for my selections to make the cut and still have some hope going into the weekends final two rounds .

Aphibarnrat has been playing well, I'd say he'd be a good each way shout but I don't know if he has what it takes to get over the line. He's had some horrible gaffes with the finishing line in sight over the past couple of months.

I'm on Luiten (another great start), Hatton (solid start) and Matt Wallace (ok start but not really in contention).

I need to get my satellite dish seen to. I have a communal dish on the top of my block of flats, I don't get all of my channels at the moment.

I prefer to do my golf betting in-play, when I can watch the players and get a feel for who I think is playing well. I'm losing a fortune at the moment doing it blind!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Aphibarnrat has been playing well, I'd say he'd be a good each way shout but I don't know if he has what it takes to get over the line. He's had some horrible gaffes with the finishing line in sight over the past couple of months.

I'm on Luiten (another great start), Hatton (solid start) and Matt Wallace (ok start but not really in contention).

I need to get my satellite dish seen to. I have a communal dish on the top of my block of flats, I don't get all of my channels at the moment.

I prefer to do my golf betting in-play, when I can watch the players and get a feel for who I think is playing well. I'm losing a fortune at the moment doing it blind!
    Very true indeed. I was on Romain Wattel at 50/1 in play when he won his first tour win a number of weeks ago. Aphibarnrat should have won it until having a mare towards the last few holes. He's been really close lately.

Luiten is another that seems to have a fragile mentality down the stretch. Golfs hard.

Superb from Rose.

Left by mutual consent!
    Superb from Rose.

Top golfer whose class won through in the end. It was a very exciting final round with around 6 players in the mix at one point. Aphibarnrat was two shots clear near the start of the round but went on to hardly hit a ball in anger thereafter and finished down the field, hey ho. Some cracking final rounds from a number of players who were out of contention by that stage like Coetzee, Zanotti and Hatton etc. Sometimes it's a better being just a few shots off the lead going into the final round as they're the ones who seem to chase the leader and go on a bit of a charge. Roll on next week.

It was a brilliant weekend of golf.

My initial selections crashed and burned, but I had a great deal of success with the in-play markets over the weekend.

Having seen Rose's impressive performance the previous week, I got on him when he was sitting ominously a couple of shots back just before the turn. He's a man in form who doesn't have any weaknesses and shows great resilience to put a great run of holes together when it matters most - on the closing straight.

The American golf was incredible last night too, seeing me stay up a bit too late to watch it.

I had backed Cantlay early on in the back nine, and it went to a nerve-shredding play-off. The tournament was decided as the players seemed to keep having to play the ridiculously difficult 18th hole, with the wind blowing hard as they faced into a very difficult Sun. Cantlay came good in the end, winning it with a hard-earned par (the first one that hole had seen for a while as all of the contenders seemed to falter to varying extents).

Cantlay looks a good player and may well threaten the majors next year, as I suspect Rose will.

I always seem to struggle with my pre-tournament picks (who always seem to fall away) but tend to do very well indeed with the in-play betting, particularly during the final round.

I think I need to learn my lesson.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    It was a brilliant weekend of golf.

My initial selections crashed and burned, but I had a great deal of success with the in-play markets over the weekend.

Having seen Rose's impressive performance the previous week, I got on him when he was sitting ominously a couple of shots back just before the turn. He's a man in form who doesn't have any weaknesses and shows great resilience to put a great run of holes together when it matters most - on the closing straight.

The American golf was incredible last night too, seeing me stay up a bit too late to watch it.

I had backed Cantlay early on in the back nine, and it went to a nerve-shredding play-off. The tournament was decided as the players seemed to keep having to play the ridiculously difficult 18th hole, with the wind blowing hard as they faced into a very difficult Sun. Cantlay came good in the end, winning it with a hard-earned par (the first one that hole had seen for a while as all of the contenders seemed to falter to varying extents).

Cantlay looks a good player and may well threaten the majors next year, as I suspect Rose will.

I always seem to struggle with my pre-tournament picks (who always seem to fall away) but tend to do very well indeed with the in-play betting, particularly during the final round.

I think I need to learn my lesson.

Great to hear you did well with the in play bets.

I was on Seamus Power in the PGA who started off well then couldn't find a fairway to save himself then lost his putter as he began missing putts from inside 4 feet. Same with Vaugn Taylor who birdied the first two holes on Thursday morning who then proceeded to bogey every other hole to miss the cut.

I was genuinely tempted to have a bet on Cantley on Sunday morning before the final round at around 4-1 but stuck to my recent decision to stick with my pre tournament bets only. Hey ho.

Well done mate as its always nice to hear the bookie has been paying out rather than constantly taking in.