hibs.net Messageboard

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I got a bet on murty so fingers crossed it’s him.

What a roller coaster of a day you've had!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    I think McInnes is being very savvy about this. He's a hero at Aberdeen and can't really do any wrong there. He's already had his hands burned at Bristol City so seems to be chosing his options very carefully. I've no doubt he'll be on a very good salary at Pittodrie with the investors money floating about so why give all that up to join a shambles of a club where 2nd will eventually get you sacked?. I certainly wouldn't.

Well quite.

Although if he was a bit more savvy he'd have worked all that out before this week. The 2 losses to Sevco in a row don't look clever.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Well quite.

Although if he was a bit more savvy he'd have worked all that out before this week. The 2 losses to Sevco in a row don't look clever.
    True

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    Looking at Aberdeen forums, they are not happy with him for not killing it sooner. Huns are in turmoil. Great outcome for us.
    That's what I've been saying. He's shot himself in the foot quite unnecessarily by not putting the Rangers interest to bed at the outset. In fact he's made things even worse. From TRFC's supporters point of view, they'll see him as a traitor for 'leading them on'.
    Not very clever putting yourself between a rock and a hard place, Derek.
    Last edited by snooky; 07-12-2017 at 08:48 PM.

Dipped toe in and sheep fans wont like. If doesnt maintain 2nd or 3rd will turn on him. Dont see him being Aberdeen this time next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Willis1875 View Post
    This is hilarious 😂
    Its a massive rib tickler. Ideal for us with the dons in turmoil with half the fans not wanting him and sevco clearly going to get a second or third choice coach. Only Michael stewart said the deal wasn't certain while all the other sycophants said he would never turn the teddy bears down. Whose making a fool of himself now Mr Potter.

Quote Originally Posted by pacorosssco View Post
    Dipped toe in and sheep fans wont like. If doesnt maintain 2nd or 3rd will turn on him. Dont see him being Aberdeen this time next year.
    Agreed.

No doubt he will be in line for another job at the end of the season and the dons fans will have to go through this nonsense again. In hindsight I'm sure he wished he knocked it on the head earlier. Who would want the job now if they will be third or fourth choice.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    The rangers statement is an absolute shocker.

“In the meantime we’ll stick with Murty” (or line to that effect) had me laughing away to myself.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    The dignity of Her Majesty's Rangers. Basically saying McInnes doesn't have the bottle to take on the challenge. Desperately trying to save face -

'THERE has been a great deal of media speculation regarding the appointment of a new manager. We assure all supporters that they will be the first to know when we are certain we have someone with the correct qualities required by our club.

The Chairman made it clear at the AGM that the club did not consider there to be an outstanding candidate among those who had applied for the position and the club was therefore considering managers currently under contract. This requires permission from their present clubs.

The position of Rangers manager requires an ability to win football matches and the mentality to cope with the demanding off-pitch environment that goes with being the Rangers manager. This is a critical aspect of our assessment of any candidate during the interview process.

After the two games against Aberdeen, we requested permission to engage with their manager to assess his readiness and willingness to consider the Rangers position. This was declined. We were subsequently made aware by Aberdeen’s statement that, at this stage in his career, it would be best for him to remain in his current post. We endorse that position because moving to a massive club like Rangers is a big step with concomitant risk. We continue to consider candidates but will only appoint someone in whom we have full confidence and who feels he is ready for the job.

In the meantime, we have great confidence in Graeme Murty, who will continue as interim manager at least until the end of the year. The manner in which he has approached this task is a credit to himself and the club'.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

I think McIness has used this as leverage for an improved deal. I don’t think he seriously considered going. He mentioned ‘family’ in his statement as a reason for staying. That says a lot when you read into it.

Left by mutual consent!
    I can't believe a club the size of Rangers has released a statement like that.

Unprofessional and comes across as bitter.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    After the two games against Aberdeen, we requested permission to engage with their manager to assess his readiness and willingness to consider the Rangers position.

A wordy way of saying "we wanted him to be our manager but couldn't afford the compensation".

Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post

The word Concomitant has never been googled so much either. (Not by me obviously 🙄)

@hibs.net private member

I would expect nothing less from that bitter and deluded bunch

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    The dignity of Her Majesty's Rangers. Basically saying McInnes doesn't have the bottle to take on the challenge. Desperately trying to save face -

'THERE has been a great deal of media speculation regarding the appointment of a new manager. We assure all supporters that they will be the first to know when we are certain we have someone with the correct qualities required by our club.

The Chairman made it clear at the AGM that the club did not consider there to be an outstanding candidate among those who had applied for the position and the club was therefore considering managers currently under contract. This requires permission from their present clubs.

The position of Rangers manager requires an ability to win football matches and the mentality to cope with the demanding off-pitch environment that goes with being the Rangers manager. This is a critical aspect of our assessment of any candidate during the interview process.

After the two games against Aberdeen, we requested permission to engage with their manager to assess his readiness and willingness to consider the Rangers position. This was declined. We were subsequently made aware by Aberdeen’s statement that, at this stage in his career, it would be best for him to remain in his current post. We endorse that position because moving to a massive club like Rangers is a big step with concomitant risk. We continue to consider candidates but will only appoint someone in whom we have full confidence and who feels he is ready for the job.

In the meantime, we have great confidence in Graeme Murty, who will continue as interim manager at least until the end of the year. The manner in which he has approached this task is a credit to himself and the club'.
    Traynor should just be put down.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar

As I say, a desperate exercise in face saving. With one breath they say they didn't speak to McInnes; in the next they clearly suggest he doesn't believe he's big enough for the job. How could they know this, if, as they say, they haven't even spoken to the man?
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    In a weird way, the huns are sort of my favourite team. I mean, i hate them, but i love what they do and how it makes me feel. They are just such a hoot to behold. I don't love them, but i love the way they are, it's magnificent

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post

God this is so sad and pathetic. They are playing that old imperialist Bill Struth pompous supremacist card, but it now seems so old and ridiculous as to be way beyond caricature. They should sack Traynor. He's obviously a mole put there to embarrass them. Or just an alcohol-soaked oaf. Whatever, he has to go.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I wonder if Rangers think any of their fans believe this kinda nonsense any more? Their statements get worse and worse with time.

Regarding McInnes, I think he was just trolling them all along and was never going to go there. He’ll get a cracking reception when they visit Dundee tomorrow despite what some of their fans are saying on the forums. I think he’s played a blinder.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    I wonder if Rangers think any of their fans believe this kinda nonsense any more? Their statements get worse and worse with time.

Regarding McInnes, I think he was just trolling them all along and was never going to go there. He’ll get a cracking reception when they visit Dundee tomorrow despite what some of their fans are saying on the forums. I think he’s played a blinder.
    They do though, that’s the incredible thing. They lap this nonsense up.

They aren’t the sharpest.

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    What a roller coaster of a day you've had!
    ‘till at least the end of the year” - doubt they will pay up on that!?

I have nothing but the utmost respect for Derek McInnes.

‘till at least the end of the year” - doubt they will pay up on that!?
    Needs to manage for 8 games before the bookies pay out as the next manager, he can’t be far off that already?

(Apologies if that’s not the point you were making)

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Needs to manage for 8 games before the bookies pay out as the next manager, he can’t be far off that already?

(Apologies if that’s not the point you were making)
    Yeah i basically wasn’t sure if i could claim. Didn’t know about 8 game rule so he’s gonna make that (if he hasn’t already)..thanks!

Yeah i basically wasn’t sure if i could claim. Didn’t know about 8 game rule so he’s gonna make that (if he hasn’t already)..thanks!
    Don’t take that as gospel as I’m no expert. Sure that’s what they were saying when there was the prospect of Malky Mackay getting the scotland job though so I assume it’s the same rules.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    He's right.

2 years there and a cup or 2 he can go back down South. He's also a hun. He will be rangers manager tomorrow which is unfortunate because I've always admired him as a player and manager since Alan McGraw told his story. In fact when Mcinnes left Morton McGraw predicted he would manage rangers one day.

He will be appointed tomorrow.
    Sure

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    This has come off great for us.

Aberdeen have been totally destabilised by this and will take a while to recover.

Rangers STILL don't have a manager and the uncertainty is reflected on the pitch. It's clear they have no game plan.

We simply HAVE to take advantage of this by beating the pair of them in the coming weeks.