hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Clyde sport, suggesting this will all be wrapped up tonight, but we’ll see

2. Log in to remove the advert

I just don't understand where they can magic the money up from. They're in the hole for £18m-ish and relying on the generosity of some board members (remember gasl is skint and can't move money for SA so he ain't paying sheet!!).

Aberdeen are in a stable-ish position league wise, trying to build a new stadium and have just had investment from the states. They would need to secure a new manager that can maintain the relative success of the past few years.

The rangers have used every trick in the book to railroad this without actually doing anything publicly.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GlasMatt PSN ID: mrxblaikiex
    Doubt he’ll last the year at Rangers tbh

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They were hoping for a bigger name but couldn't get one; that's my guess. McInnes is the fallback plan.
    Maybe just waiting to pass their resolution 11 at their AGM 🤨

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Concerned tbh - not in regards to Sevco as I think McInnes is very much overrated but Aberdeen have the cash to get a good replacement in. It could strengthen them.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    To remain on the shellfish theme I'd have gone with crab puns.
    Nautilus we are going for anything living in the sea!

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    Apart from being a dyed in the wool hun I'm not sure why anyone in their right mind would go there.

The best you can do is finish 2nd which will always be a total failure at Hunbrox.
    Same applies to every other club in the country, it’s a wonder that any of us have players or a manager at all really!

Any manager in Scotland would probably jump at the chance to manage them with the exception of Lennon or Rodgers.

We may not like Rangers but they’re still a huge club with a huge fan base. Can you really not see see attraction?

Chick Young talking nonsense about this at the moment. What an arrogant berk.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Saying?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Concerned tbh - not in regards to Sevco as I think McInnes is very much overrated but Aberdeen have the cash to get a good replacement in. It could strengthen them.
    Aberdeen generally appoint ***** managers. I would only be concerned if they convinced Docherty to stay on.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Now there's a few words you don't oftern see linked together

Left by mutual consent!
    Chick Young talking nonsense about this at the moment. What an arrogant bawbag tosspot wee dick of man
    Fixed that for ya

I think McInnes has taken Aberdeen as far as he can - the 2 games against Rangers showed that. He doesn't have what it takes to get the better of the Glasgow teams in games between the sides. He's done well to get a team that consistently beats the rest of the teams (and that consistency is what gets you 2nd place in the league) but he hasn't got what it takes to go a step further.

McInnes MIGHT have more chance of challenging Celtic at Rangers.

Overall, I think Aberdeen will be happy to get cash from Rangers for McInnes and should squeeze every drop they can out of them, but will be happy to take their team in a new direction.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    I think McInnes has taken Aberdeen as far as he can - the 2 games against Rangers showed that. He doesn't have what it takes to get the better of the Glasgow teams in games between the sides. He's done well to get a team that consistently beats the rest of the teams (and that consistency is what gets you 2nd place in the league) but he hasn't got what it takes to go a step further.

Overall, I think Aberdeen will be happy to get cash from Rangers for McInnes and should squeeze every drop they can out of them, but will be happy to take their team in a new direction.
    Not if it turns out to be downwards.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Not if it turns out to be downwards.
    When you're second, there are 2 directions you can go in, one being far more likely than the other.

But nobody ever really wants to tread water, to stand still, to stay where they are.

In all likelihood they will go downwards, but they must attempt to push up the way.

And it shouldn't be difficult for them to improve upon their performances and results against Rangers and Celtic.

They just need to maintain their form against everyone else.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Brilliant move by The Rangers destabilise the competition in an attempt to bring them down to their level
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Aberdeen generally appoint ***** managers. I would only be concerned if they convinced Docherty to stay on.
    A million in the bank and keep him, result!
    Can’t see the rangers wanting him with a name like that!!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    They were hoping for a bigger name but couldn't get one; that's my guess. McInnes is the fallback plan.
    I reckon he’s been waiting on certain assurances - salary, assistant, how much control he’ll have and then budget for January then the summer. They’ve had to go away and work out how to pay for it all (King maybe dipping his kids inheritance?) and now they’ve sorted it have put the bid in.

No way was McInnes out of the loop with this - he’ll have been speaking to them from day 1.

Mcinnes has taken them as far as he can. Let’s remember they still have to build a new stand and training base. The Rangers are a mess granted but still a step up imo.

I think he should have seen what was going down south and tried again there but if he’s a Rangers man and family is settled I can understand why he’d make the move. Will it backfire... No one can say for sure but he won’t win the league with them for the next 10 years at least Celtic have them all won already.

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Brilliant move by The Rangers destabilise the competition in an attempt to bring them down to their level
    And it helps us too.

Our closest rivals both with new managers, we should be thanking Rangers!

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    And it helps us too.

Our closest rivals both with new managers, we should be thanking Rangers!
    You reckon a new manager never makes an instant impact at a new club?

Blog Entries
    Same applies to every other club in the country, it’s a wonder that any of us have players or a manager at all really!

Any manager in Scotland would probably jump at the chance to manage them with the exception of Lennon or Rodgers.

We may not like Rangers but they’re still a huge club with a huge fan base. Can you really not see see attraction?
    You really are trying to win the The Rangers fan award aren't you. They're a foul, loathsome institution & there's really no excuse for anyone wanting to join that institution.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    You really are trying to win the The Rangers fan award aren't you. They're a foul, loathsome institution & there's really no excuse for anyone wanting to join that institution.
    Well apart from the fact they are a bigger club.

Ffs, it was a throw away remark.

To answer your question though, rarely. Check out what’s happening at Hearts.

Or look back to when we appointed Calderwood, Fenlon or Butcher.

The new manager bounce we often hear about is a myth.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Really? You don’t see why any player would want to play there??

Aye ok, I must be a Rangers fan cause I think differently to you.

Left by mutual consent!

I could if it was years ago when they had a realistic chance of winning the league regularly and having the possibility to reach the Champions League but they have no chance in their situation of getting anywhere near Celtic at the top of the league for years at best.

They are a basket case waiting to implode again and the difference is we'd be ecstatic finishing 2nd year in year out while Rangers fans will be out for blood in no time.

Left by mutual consent!
    I could if it was years ago when they had a realistic chance of winning the league regularly and having the possibility to reach the Champions League but they have no chance in their situation of getting anywhere near Celtic at the top of the league for years at best.

They are a basket case waiting to implode again and the difference is we'd be ecstatic finishing 2nd year in year out while Rangers fans will be out for blood in no time.
    We said the same about Celtic in the 90s. Rangers were so far in front it was impossible to predict how many titles they would win but somehow blew ten in a row.

I don't see Celtic achieving ten in a row either. Things change very quickly.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    We said the same about Celtic in the 90s. Rangers were so far in front it was impossible to predict how many titles they would win but somehow blew ten in a row.

I don't see Celtic achieving ten in a row either. Things change very quickly.
    I'd bet both my bollocks on Celtic taking ten in a row.

Left by mutual consent!
    I'd bet both my bollocks on Celtic taking ten in a row.
    Bet accepted.