hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Don't mean to hijack the OP's thread but if anyone in the west lothian area spots this mountain bike give me a shout, https://stolen-bikes.co.uk/stolen-bikes/bianchi-kuma-2/
    Some $cum stole my bike from Livingston train station 10 days ago....even worse it was after a return from a Hampden defeat, it's been reported and all that but i'm not expecting to see it again.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know nothing about bikes these days.
    Although i used to construct bikes in my youth.
    I am though assuming the bikes mentioned are quite expensive.
    My thought then is that the bikes are being stolen to be sold on to a dealer.
    This disnae sound like a couple of wee guffie opportunists stealing bikes for a laugh,then dumping them.
    I think you are right. These guys are targeting ecpensive bikes. Royal High had a bike stolen today. hopefully the Edinburgh News get the cctv to show online. Someone will know them.

Quote Originally Posted by seanshow View Post
    Don't mean to hijack the OP's thread but if anyone in the west lothian area spots this mountain bike give me a shout, https://stolen-bikes.co.uk/stolen-bikes/bianchi-kuma-2/
    Some $cum stole my bike from Livingston train station 10 days ago....even worse it was after a return from a Hampden defeat, it's been reported and all that but i'm not expecting to see it again.
    I created an alert on ebay and gumtree for the entire UK for my bike. Long shot but someone may be moving on the bikes. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by andyf5 View Post
    I created an alert on ebay and gumtree for the entire UK for my bike. Long shot but someone may be moving on the bikes. Good luck.
    Unless they have a flatty.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    One of the common techniques used by the thieves to ascertain if the bike is safe to handle is to lock it up outside for a couple of days/weeks to see if anyone comes looking for it.

Check local area, parks, bus and train station. Also there are lots of bike groups on Facebook (I can pm you details if you like) to share it on as the cycling community in Scotland is pretty good at looking out for these, a few have been getting recovered.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andyf5 View Post
    I think you are right. These guys are targeting ecpensive bikes. Royal High had a bike stolen today. hopefully the Edinburgh News get the cctv to show online. Someone will know them.
    http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...-1-4600746/amp

Heres your EEN article

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    So it turns out as they are teenagers, the police can't prosecute and they allegedly have many notes against them. I dont think I'm going to see my bike again.