hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    With a kid due and him nicely settled in a new house I reckon it's pretty unlikely that he will move clubs.
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Would be a shocking move career wise, that club is a total mess.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With every respect and all love to the man, I'd consider Daz to be third choice this season.
    Not a chance. If we're two at the back and everyone is fit it's Hanlon and McGregor every time IMO
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    SJM was talking up Hanlon for the Scotland squad in his post match Hibs TV interview.

Scotland could do (and have done) a lot worse.

Paul was an U21 Scotland captain but has been at Hibs through a turgid time at the club where his talent stalled for a bit, he's now showing the talent that was evident and a full squad call up would be totally justified.

Re McGinn and Villa, well he is hot property right now and it may be a struggle to keep him if 2-3 clubs down south start bidding for him, I think we all agree we expect him to leave at some point, we just hope it's the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Not a chance. If we're two at the back and everyone is fit it's Hanlon and McGregor every time IMO

I still think Efe might go in January, we were able to sign his because he needed more time here to gain his residency passport, which is what stopped his move south when at Celtic, he gains that in January, so there may be a gentlemen's agreement that if an offer came in we'd let him go, he did drop a fair bit of wages to sign for us, just a hunch.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I still think Efe might go in January, we were able to sign his because he needed more time here to gain his residency passport, which is what stopped his move south when at Celtic, he gains that in January, so there may be a gentlemen's agreement that if an offer came in we'd let him go, he did drop a fair bit of wages to sign for us, just a hunch.
    Going by his press conference at the end of last week, he won't move for the sake of money. He has to feel right about the club he's at and he's currently raving about all things Hibs.

I wondered whether Celtic might fancy Hanlon. Looks like a Rodgers type of player.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    It's a nice dilemma for us. Efe is the better footballer, Darren offers solidity and commitment.

As for Hanlon, it wouldn't surprise me if we got offers for him. He's a very good player. I do think he can do better than League 1 though and he's a smart lad, if he did want to leave Hibs it'll not be for Blackburn.

Coaching Staff
    I think we have to be realistic and accept that SJM will very likely go in January.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Not for me. Efe has been very good recently and would deserve to keep his place in the squad alongside Hanlon.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Its a great dilema. I think Ive changed my opinion about three or four times already this season about best centre back pairing. I think when Daz is fit hes going to have to wait his time, there is no reason, other than altering the formation, to change the current pairing that is currently functioning very well. We have great competition for places across the back.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    I think we have to be realistic and accept that SJM will very likely go in January.
    i will be extremely surprised if McGinn is with us until the end of the season....delighted, but surprised.

I think £3m with a sell-on clause will be enough for us to let him go

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Anybody after Lafferty?
    William hill ,marathon bet , bet 365 etc etc etc

I'd have said that a few weeks ago.

But the defence have settled now and Efe is playing well. When McGregor is back the only way I can see him getting back in is if we go to a three. Lennon won't drop Efe IMO.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    I think that will depend on how we are shaping up at the end of January towards the end of the window.

He might fancy another craic at the Scottish Cup & sending us on another European adventure

Would SJM flourish better remaining at Hibs, going to Celtic or moving South say to the likes of Forest or Villa who have had reported interest? Personally I think from his own point of view it would probably be a move to Celtic, I'd like to say stay at Hibs but from Johns point of view I think thats just me wishful thinking. A couple of seasons at Celtic and he would still have plenty of time to try his look down south and IMO be better equipped to be a success.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Going by his press conference at the end of last week, he won't move for the sake of money. He has to feel right about the club he's at and he's currently raving about all things Hibs.
    Was just gonna post this...he seems very happy at Hibs atm

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Concerns me that people actually think that could be true.

Tin foil hat stuff.
    It's amazing some folk still think like this. No offence but just waken up.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Would SJM flourish better remaining at Hibs, going to Celtic or moving South say to the likes of Forest or Villa who have had reported interest? Personally I think from his own point of view it would probably be a move to Celtic, I'd like to say stay at Hibs but from Johns point of view I think thats just me wishful thinking. A couple of seasons at Celtic and he would still have plenty of time to try his look down south and IMO be better equipped to be a success.
    He would not get a game every week at Celtic

Coaching Staff
    Get use to it folks, as Lennon improves the team & performance so the rumours will increase & the players move on. Over the years I've seen many go, Stein, Gordon & Bobby Smith, Blackley, Brownlie, Bremner, Stanton, the twins, Murray etc etc so what will be will be, I've learned to enjoy the players when they are at ER & wish them well.
    Last edited by Lago; 29-10-2017 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    He would not get a game every week at Celtic
    Not sure Sammy, Browns coming to the end of his career now and I do actually believe he could be a regular in their team, hes improving and will improve more. I think, given half a season or so and i think he could well be a regular in their team.

Testimonial Due
    Seems we have a real penchant here to off load players mid- season if we read somewhere another club is interested in our players. Like any player especially at Hibs, if the price is right for the club they will go.
    So the next window, we can say goodbye to Mcginn, Hanlon and Efe. ? Way to early to start worrying. A loss at Killie on Tuesday would change the tone I am sure. Best situation is a settled team until next season
    with Hibs getting the market price for the players. That needs a little help from agents and player. All 3 named could easily handle the Championship with mcginn maybe the most likey to have a shot at the Premier if
    he keeps developing but that might mean Championship first then premier. Season is looking OK , let's not worry to much about when and how much. LD and NL are well equipped to think that out.

Quote Originally Posted by euro Hibby View Post
    Seems we have a real penchant here to off load players mid- season if we read somewhere another club is interested in our players. Like any player especially at Hibs, if the price is right for the club they will go.
    So the next window, we can say goodbye to Mcginn, Hanlon and Efe. ? Way to early to start worrying. A loss at Killie on Tuesday would change the tone I am sure. Best situation is a settled team until next season
    with Hibs getting the market price for the players. That needs a little help from agents and player. All 3 named could easily handle the Championship with mcginn maybe the most likey to have a shot at the Premier if
    he keeps developing but that might mean Championship first then premier. Season is looking OK , let's not worry to much about when and how much. LD and NL are well equipped to think that out.
    Next window? Personally I'd be very disappointed if anyone left in January.

Scotland squad to be announced tomorrow for the friendly vs Holland.

Hopeful Paul will be in that squad. Deserves at least international recognition

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    I agree he deserves a call up, but be surprised, usual suspects I think.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post

Papers saying Jack and Christie but no mention of Hanlon.

Left by mutual consent!

If Malky Mackay who I maintain is a fantastic manager, wants the job then he will pick fresh blood, I don't agree Paul is international class but I would love it to be proven wrong and him get a call up.

Hanlon and McGeouch should be in the squad, along with McGinn.

I don't expect Hanlon or McGeouch to be called up.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    If Malky Mackay who I maintain is a fantastic manager, wants the job then he will pick fresh blood, I don't agree Paul is international class but I would love it to be proven wrong and him get a call up.
    I tend to agree but for me it's a case of try it and see. We've tried numerous players over the last few years (Hanley, Martin, Berra, Mulgrew and Greer) with no lasting success. I'm not saying PH is better but is he any worse?

I'd also have Soutar in as well. Build a squad now and get that club level feeling

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Hanlon and McGeouch should be in the squad, along with McGinn.

I don't expect Hanlon or McGeouch to be called up.
    100% agreed.

Unfortunately, you're probably right SDG