hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Testimonial Due
    will be the most interesting squad to see for a long time.... hopefully a chance for some fresh faces. On current form Mcgeough should walk in to it , at least so they can get a closer look at him. Hanlon also deserves a shout . Over to you Malky !

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Going by his press conference at the end of last week, he won't move for the sake of money. He has to feel right about the club he's at and he's currently raving about all things Hibs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Was just gonna post this...he seems very happy at Hibs atm

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It was just a feeling I got when he signed, his wage at Celtic would be a hell of a lot more than what he's on here, yes he might be enjoying himself at Hibs but he only needs to stay in Scotland till January to get his residency visa and maybe the contract here was tempting enough so he can get his visa. I hope he stays longer as he's been playing well recently but like a lot of our better players the chances increase that offers will come in for them.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by euro Hibby View Post
    Seems we have a real penchant here to off load players mid- season if we read somewhere another club is interested in our players. Like any player especially at Hibs, if the price is right for the club they will go.
    So the next window, we can say goodbye to Mcginn, Hanlon and Efe. ? Way to early to start worrying. A loss at Killie on Tuesday would change the tone I am sure. Best situation is a settled team until next season
    with Hibs getting the market price for the players. That needs a little help from agents and player. All 3 named could easily handle the Championship with mcginn maybe the most likey to have a shot at the Premier if
    he keeps developing but that might mean Championship first then premier. Season is looking OK , let's not worry to much about when and how much. LD and NL are well equipped to think that out.
    Personally, I can never, ever get my head round ANY alleged Hibs fan talking about our best players leaving for other clubs! Total insane behaviour for me. Let’s just enjoy them here, hope for whatever reason they fancy a little bit longer at Hibs, & for Fs sake, don’t effin talk them out OUR club. Just halfwit behaviour for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    I think we have to be realistic and accept that SJM will very likely go in January.
    Hopefully we target young Greg Docherty of Hamilton as a replacement. Very talented young midfield player,

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    I tend to agree but for me it's a case of try it and see. We've tried numerous players over the last few years (Hanley, Martin, Berra, Mulgrew and Greer) with no lasting success. I'm not saying PH is better but is he any worse?

I'd also have Soutar in as well. Build a squad now and get that club level feeling
    I'm with you mate but Souttar can bolt, he's a very pish Paul Hanlon.

Left by mutual consent!
    There's no hanlon in the squad.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Not a chance. If we're two at the back and everyone is fit it's Hanlon and McGregor every time IMO
    Got to disagree, the way those two have played the last couple of weeks there's no chance McGregor will come back in unless their form drops dramatically.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Got to disagree, the way those two have played the last couple of weeks there's no chance McGregor will come back in unless their form drops dramatically.
    Efe Ambrose won't be dropped if he keeps playing like he did yesterday, he was outstanding.

I love Darren McGregor but I don't think even he would expect to replace Ambrose at the moment, with the way he's played recently.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    There's no hanlon in the squad.
    Joke that Ryan Jack is

Not so sure that Hanlon would see a move to Blackburn as a massive step up, though no doubt the money would be better ... there's also no doubt he would easily cope with the EFL 2nd tier.

John McGinn is an entirely different matter, he is 23 now and entering the height of his career as a midfield player. The prospect of Nottingham Forest might not exactly have floated his boat enough for him to be disgruntled at Hibs telling them to bolt, but Aston Villa are quite a different prospect. They are a huge club who have underperformed for the last few decades .. but at the moment they are only 7 points from the top of the championship and without doubt have everything they need to be a fixture in the bottom half of the EPL with the right investment, that would have to make any approach very tempting for him.

He also has to look at his bank balance. He has served Hibs well, but what would he earn at Aston Villa? ... somewhere between 10 and 15 thousand quid a week I would imagine. SJM might not go in January, but its highly unlikely IMO that we will hold onto him after the summer, our biggest hope has to be that Villa ( if their rumoured interest is true ) are joined by at least two other clubs sparking a bidding war .. were that to happen 4 million quid might be far from fanciful.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    Personally, I can never, ever get my head round ANY alleged Hibs fan talking about our best players leaving for other clubs! Total insane behaviour for me. Let’s just enjoy them here, hope for whatever reason they fancy a little bit longer at Hibs, & for Fs sake, don’t effin talk them out OUR club. Just halfwit behaviour for me!
    If we can get SJM on a new contract with a sizeable release cause I'd be delighted. If not then he goes for a smaller sum but with my best wishes for obvious reasons.

No point deluding yourself thinking he's going to stay at Hibs on a whim when honestly the best thing for his career will be to move to a club that can offer him a higher level of football, income and exposure. He will by the end of the season be onto a new club I'd imagine, with us getting ourselves a good fee and being able to hark on about him being a hibee when he's playing EPL regularly worth £10m-£20m.

Nobody wants McGinn or our other talented players to move on, but it's how it goes in life. People move onto bigger jobs/companies etc all the time.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Efe Ambrose won't be dropped if he keeps playing like he did yesterday, he was outstanding.

I love Darren McGregor but I don't think even he would expect to replace Ambrose at the moment, with the way he's played recently.
    I tend to agree with this part, for me he's been really superb this season, kept it simple and done a lot of the unseen work that's made the defense solid I would love to see a contract extension for Efe

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by 147lothian View Post
    I tend to agree with this part, for me he's been really superb this season, kept it simple and done a lot of the unseen work that's made the defense solid I would love to see a contract extension for Efe
    Thought he started the season a wee bit shaky, but the last 3/4 games he's been superb and him or Hanlon won't be shifted by anyone in their current form.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Thought he started the season a wee bit shaky, but the last 3/4 games he's been superb and him or Hanlon won't be shifted by anyone in their current form.
    Agree both have been excellent recently, long may it continue.