hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member

Our next four games...

Hoping for 12/12 but would take 10 points. Kilmarnock will be tricky but I'm confident we will grind it out again.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Great opportunity to keep the momentum going, especially with a difficult December. The rate we're going at, 60+ points is very achievable, and in the last couple of seasons that would get you top 4. Need to keep the head as it'll be a long old season but encouraging start id say

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    In all honesty a top four finish should be a serious target. I dont think thats getting above ourselves, we are better than St Johnstone, Motherwell and Hearts, who else is going to finish in the top four?

Quote Originally Posted by chlub Hibernian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hoping for 12/12 but would take 10 points. Kilmarnock will be tricky but I'm confident we will grind it out again.
    Did we not used to do this in the championship and end up with a lot less points than anticipated. One game at a time

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    Did we not used to do this in the championship and end up with a lot less points than anticipated. One game at a time
    Exactly right.

I'm sure Lennon will be looking ahead, but he'll be keeping the squad focused on the next game only.

If we get too far ahead of ourselves, we'll trip up.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Would settle for consistent home form and considering anything picked up on the road as a bonus. The Kilmarnock game will be a tough one. They have managed to get points away from home against the top two sides.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    One game at a time please😄

@hibs.net private member
    Three points Tuesday will do me. Then I'll bother about Saturday's game.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    Great opportunity to keep the momentum going, especially with a difficult December. The rate we're going at, 60+ points is very achievable, and in the last couple of seasons that would get you top 4. Need to keep the head as it'll be a long old season but encouraging start id say
    Every team that will be looking to get in top 6 have a tough November/December. That’s why these 5 games coming up are of utmost importance to give us a solid footing going into the four tough games in December. 12 points + from those games will see us right in the mix for the top 4 going into Decembers’ games.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Would settle for consistent home form and considering anything picked up on the road as a bonus. The Kilmarnock game will be a tough one. They have managed to get points away from home against the top two sides.
    On top of that, it's an artificial pitch.

It won't be easy.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by chlub Hibernian View Post
    This season Kilmarnock's home form has been abysmal so far.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Kilmarnock have turned things around in October, I'd expect a tough game, they have played 3 away matches, winning at Partick and drawing at Ibrox and Parkhead. Very decent run of results. We'll smash 'em though

The Kilmarnock game won't be quite as easy as it would have been a month ago but I'm confident that we can win it.

If we're going to get into the top 4, winning these matches is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. ****gy View Post
    This season Kilmarnock's home form has been abysmal so far.
    I think backs to the wall performances are quite easy to execute, however when they have to try and win it is a different matter.
    Hibs win two nil.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    I think this'll be the first time Hibs have played at rugby park since they installed their artificial pitch? That could be a factor. I think we'll grind out another 3 points though.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    I think this'll be the first time Hibs have played at rugby park since they installed their artificial pitch? That could be a factor. I think we'll grind out another 3 points though.
    A win on Tuesday puts us 3rd, what an incentive

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    It is. It got installed at the end of the season where we got relegated.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    We've got the potential in the squad to take all 12 points but I seem to have been saying this about us for decades so I'll remain in the one game at a time camp, but optimistically.☺

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    The Kilmarnock game won't be quite as easy as it would have been a month ago but I'm confident that we can win it.

If we're going to get into the top 4, winning these matches is a must.
    Winning these matches isn’t a must at all and doing so is unrealistic.

Most teams in this league are of a generally equivalent standard, we’ve won our last two games, winning 6 in a row very rarely happens. If we can get two wins and a couple of draws out of our next 4 games it’s been a great run of form and will have us well in the hunt for a top four place.

Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post

We got the better of Motherwell yesterday by playing them at their own game, and by virtue of having a superior midfield (SMG and McGeouch were tremendous).

We adjusted well to what was required on the day and that's what we need to keep doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    We've got the potential in the squad to take all 12 points but I seem to have been saying this about us for decades so I'll remain in the one game at a time camp, but optimistically.☺

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    My sentiments exactly. If we take all 12 points we will know for certain that we have become a real force again. Hamilton beat us, we drew with Dundee, now show us it is different.

All four teams we play also have the potential to beat us. W are back in the top division thankfully and there won't be many comfortable wins.......except the puddle drinkers.