hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kris Commons

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bit late for Commons, I reckon. I'd take Kenny Miller though!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    He's done.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by munchar View Post
    I get your point and agree with your reasons, but I want us to develop a ruthless streak. We have to set our sights higher now. I would rather take a McGinn or McGeough of and replace them with a Commons.
    We will probably have a good season and win nothing. A player of Commons caliber could maybe produce a bit of quality to win a big match?
    I think Murray would also learn from these players, but I don’t think we have the luxury of giving youngsters game time to develop, when we are only winning games by a single goal. Was easier last season when we were 3/4 goals ahead.
    ⚽️🇳🇬👍
    We never gave the youngsters much of a go last season. Common consensus was it was too much of a gamble when we had to get up at all costs. This season we’re playing against better quality so games are tighter. I still hope that we also prioritise giving Murray, Porteous & Shaw (who has began to make cameos) game time as developing youth has been an issue for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Right Said Frank View Post
    We never gave the youngsters much of a go last season. Common consensus was it was too much of a gamble when we had to get up at all costs. This season we’re playing against better quality so games are tighter. I still hope that we also prioritise giving Murray, Porteous & Shaw (who has began to make cameos) game time as developing youth has been an issue for a long time.
    I agree with giving them game time when they’re in the squad. For example, Stokes injured yesterday so Shaw on the bench. Murray wasn’t doing much, so right to give him game time. However, if we had an experienced decent striker on the bench, I’d go with that option first. Oli Shaw is forcing Lennon to involve him with his performances for the development team. I don’t think some of the other young players are standing out as much week in week out.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    If the boss thinks that Kris Commons is the answer to the need for more goals from midfield then I will trust his judgement. What I would say is that when the January window opens then at that time Commons needs to match fit and ready for the first team or we look elsewhere.

He appears to be getting plenty TV and Radio work and imho doing very well. I can't see him having the time drive or motivation to get back playing at this level I will be very surprised if we see him at Hibs.

I think the money we would spend on Chris could now be better spent planning for next year and the long term rather than a six month cameo.

if he's had a microdiscectomy then chances are hes done.....i had one 18 weeks ago and although im better and done loads of walking and stuff i still feel stiff as a board at times and was aching after painting a bedroom yesterday

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I have no idea how his rehab is going, seems i'm in the minority though. I also have no idea if he has given up hope of making a return, and see's himself as a pundit now?

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    If the boss thinks that Kris Commons is the answer to the need for more goals from midfield then I will trust his judgement. What I would say is that when the January window opens then at that time Commons needs to match fit and ready for the first team or we look elsewhere.
    He is a free agent and can sign anytime, if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post
    Personally gutted when not if we lose young John as he is the player that we have watched develop into being the beating heart of the engine room of the team we have loved over the last number of years especially when winning the holy grail. It will be a very sad day when young John moves on but in all reality it's a day that is looming ever closer as we watch one of the best young players at ER since John Collins and then Scott Brown burst into the first team. Young John will always be remembered as Super John McGinn one of the nicest, brightest and best players we have ever seen at ER and will always be a Scottish Cup winning legend. One of the greatest young talents we have seen grace ER in the modern day.

Super John McGinn indeed.

GGTTH
    Well said John only kidding, agree completely

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    Well said John only kidding, agree completely

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Glory Glory

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray-in-ireland View Post
    He is a free agent and can sign anytime, if needed.
    Indeed but the point I am making is that if he is the type of player that we need now, then he is either ready to sign now or we look elsewhere. Either another free agent or from another team in the window.

If he comes it will surely be as a player/coach.

If we have the cash surely Hendo would be the wiser long term investment.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    If he comes it will surely be as a player/coach.

If we have the cash surely Hendo would be the wiser long term investment.
    Hendo has had 18 months without first team football. It’s possible there are better targets out there now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    I'd sign him if it helps turn F Murray into the next Kris Commons.

January will be an interesting one as I think a lot of clubs down south will be sniffing about some of the better players in our league. Can imagine Moult will be sought after, along with McGinn, throw in a couple of Aberdeen players as well. The biggest task for us is keeping our talents until summer or have the certainty that we can replace them with likewise quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    January will be an interesting one as I think a lot of clubs down south will be sniffing about some of the better players in our league. Can imagine Moult will be sought after, along with McGinn, throw in a couple of Aberdeen players as well. The biggest task for us is keeping our talents until summer or have the certainty that we can replace them with likewise quality.
    Moult will be out of contract in the summer, so Motherwell will have to weigh the transfer fee against his goals giving them another cup run.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I have no idea how his rehab is going, seems i'm in the minority though. I also have no idea if he has given up hope of making a return, and see's himself as a pundit now?
    I'm like you G, haven't a clue how his rehab is or if indeed he wants back into football, if he gets fit enough it's a bonus for us.