hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In the ground

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How does the fan on the gate know which seats have been sold if they have an unreserved ticket and told to sit where ever?

If I had got there at 2 picked a seat and then at 5 to 3 someone said move, I'd have said no thanks.
    If you'd been sitting in the seat that corresponded with my ticket you could have politely said what you like but you'd still have moved. As it happens, you weren't.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    If you'd been sitting in the seat that corresponded with my ticket you could have politely said what you like but you'd still have moved. As it happens, you weren't.
    If I was told when I went in it was unreserved seating I can 100% guaranteed I would not have moved.

😂
    Cougars!!!

If I was told when I went in it was unreserved seating I can 100% guaranteed I would not have moved.

😂
    I was in a reserved seat.
    You would have moved.

Did you make it up there today?

I was in a reserved seat.
    You would have moved.

Did you make it up there today?
    No but if I did I would not have let you bully me out of my amazing plastic seat if I had been told it was unreserved. 😂
    Cougars!!!

Come on guys. No arguing about seats when our manky neighbours dont even have one

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

No but if I did I would not have let you bully me out of my amazing plastic seat if I had been told it was unreserved. 😂
    I am an away season ticket holder. We are allocated central or the best view seats. If you had been in my seats today I would have politely told you to find another one. If you had been arsey about it I would have asked a steward to remove you.

All hypothetical then and a strange retort to my right to take the seat I've paid for, no matter the composition of it. I reckon 90% of seats in known football are made out of some form of plastic or another.
    You'd have moved, but as your luck would have it you didn't have to as you weren't within 250 miles of being involved.

Game to the bully.

Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    Yes it was. If someone was in mine and my sons seat I would have told them to move.

And if if me and my son were sitting in "your" seats , I would have told you to beat it.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibees62
    Our bus had two rows of seats and when me and my son got there two fellow Hibees had decided to sit in 2 of the seats.
    I politely said guys you are in our seats.
    They happily got up and went to find others and that is Hibs class no arguing.
    Now if the turnstile operator or stewards or Police had said it’s sit where you want well fair enough.
    Same thing happened at Dunfermline a few years back and such a shambles they over sold the away end and had to open another part of the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    How dirty was the ground, bird **** everywhere
    Thought the same, covered in bird crap and cobwebs(?!?). Could do with a real clean.

I hope our away ends not that manky

All hypothetical then and a strange retort to my right to take the seat I've paid for, no matter the composition of it. I reckon 90% of seats in known football are made out of some form of plastic or another.
    You'd have moved, but as your luck would have it you didn't have to as you weren't within 250 miles of being involved.

Game to the bully.
    I wouldn't have moved, and if a saw a plonker like you trying to intimidate fellow fans , I would have told you to move on yourself

Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    I wouldn't have moved, and if a saw a plonker like you trying to intimidate fellow fans , I would have told you to move on yourself
    Plonker? Keep a civil finger on your keyboard, my vigilante friend.
    You'd have been out my seat as well. Superhero or not.
    The point of all this is if you pay for a reserved, ticketed seat then your entitled to sit in it. There is no argument.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    I'm quite interested in knowing more about the unknown football that you seem to imply. Is there a league in a parallel universe where your eyes don't bleed watching a Potter team, etc etc etc?

@hibs.net private member
    That stand was like an abandoned building today.

It shows the utter contempt many clubs have for fans in Scotland.

Edit - actually an email to their local authorities environmental health department wouldn't go amiss.

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    I'm quite interested in knowing more about the unknown football that you seem to imply. Is there a league in a parallel universe where your eyes don't bleed watching a Potter team, etc etc etc?
    No idea what the seats are made of if there is.
    Maybe they make your arse bleed rather than your eyes? In that case, HH81 and old Percy would be welcome to my tickets for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Aye it is, why issue a ticket with a row and seat number then? Swan in at 2:55 with your ticket then find some joker who's paid in with no ticket sitting in your seat, you the have to find a seat elsewhere with a worse view. Bollocks.
    Those who didn’t get a ticket could sit in any seat... Never seen someone so precious about a ****ing seat or a sense of entitlement because they have an AST. What if that other seat had a better view? If a steward tells me to ‘sit where you want’ and I don’t have a ticket, I’ll do just that, and nobody will tell me otherwise because they decide to ‘swan in’ at the last minute.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Well don't take her again.

HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member tanfield's Avatar
    With 3 kids today it was irritating to pay at the gate take a seat then have to move when folk wanted their seat and then have to move again just before kick off when the same thing happened.

Coaching Staff
    Plonker? Keep a civil finger on your keyboard, my vigilante friend.
    You'd have been out my seat as well. Superhero or not.
    The point of all this is if you pay for a reserved, ticketed seat then your entitled to sit in it. There is no argument.
    If everyone was given a ticket with a number on it the yes. When you have the majority who’ve been told to sit anywhere then trying to move those people on is just a bit arsey. Just take the nearest available seats.

Quote Originally Posted by tanfield View Post
    With 3 kids today it was irritating to pay at the gate take a seat then have to move when folk wanted their seat and then have to move again just before kick off when the same thing happened.
    It sounds like you experienced this and moved for people that wanted their seat.
    In that case, you are the most polite person on this thread and probably the only one with a grumble as it seems those who doth protesteth weren't in your position as they weren't there.

Did you get bullied or intimidated out your seat? Or did you see their point and move?
    Last edited by Iggy Pope; 28-10-2017 at 08:07 PM.

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chlub Hibernian View Post
    That stand was like an abandoned building today.

It shows the utter contempt many clubs have for fans in Scotland.

Edit - actually an email to their local authorities environmental health department wouldn't go amiss.
    Especially about the toilets.
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    If everyone was given a ticket with a number on it the yes. When you have the majority who’ve been told to sit anywhere then trying to move those people on is just a bit arsey. Just take the nearest available seats.
    Could go on like that for a while. Take 5 or 6 seats elsewhere, another 5 or 6 turn up with tickets?
    Need to be clear - It's Motherwell that are screwing up here, but there's nothing arsey about wanting to sit in the seat you've paid for.

I feel for you people can be so petty sometimes, just remember though it's not their seat though , it's the clubs and they said sit where you like.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    The stand was half empty. Can’t see the problem with just moving to a vacant seat if your in an allocated one. If moved again just move.

Coaching Staff
    Could go on like that for a while. Take 5 or 6 seats elsewhere, another 5 or 6 turn up with tickets?
    Need to be clear - It's Motherwell that are screwing up here, but there's nothing arsey about wanting to sit in the seat you've paid for.
    No if you just sit then it doesn’t keep going on like that. It only does if people keep insisting that people who have been told to sit anywhere move for them.

Left by mutual consent!
    There is no argument.
    Correct, they said it was unallocated seating, so no one had any right to tell people to move.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    I feel for you people can be so petty sometimes, just remember though it's not their seat though , it's the clubs and they said sit where you like.
    They didn’t though. A large number of tickets were bought up front from Hibs. Seat and row number on them
    Seems like Motherwell made a Tom Kite of this, and caused an issue for Hibs fans today, and on here tonight
    Wonder if a similar thing will happen at Rugby Park on Tuesday, although the numbers will be smaller

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    The upper deck was less than a quarter full I'd say, stewards were telling people to sit anywhere as well.

And that, right there, is the problem.

As the majority of us had unallocated seating, and there is nothing on the seats to say it's reserved, how are you supposed to know where you can and can't sit?

First Team Breakthrough
    I’ve bought my disabled 60 year old dad and my 8 year old 2 away tickets this season, both times they’ve ended up right behind the drum, my old man thinks I’m doing it on purpose 😂 Anyway he disappeared upstairs and me and the laddie has another class away day 👏🏻