hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My preferred option would be to build a new fit for purpose stadium somewhere around Stirling that would be much fairer for all of Scotland's supporters. A new stadium would attract investment and new developments around the stadium. I live in Edinburgh and Murrayfield would be much easier for me but I would much rather favor a new stadium somewhere that is fairer for all fans of Scotland and the clubs.

Stadiums need to be in big cities. Stirling just doesn’t have the infrastructure to support a stadium. Like it or not, a lot of Scotland crowds are boosted by Glaswegians going along at the last minute. If it was in Stirling that would be lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    In regards to the number of games, then I agree. The thing is, the stadium is also home to the SFA, SPFL (and presumably others), in the very large office space behind the stand, in addition to the Football Museum.

If they decided not to renew the lease on the stadium, I wonder what would happen to that.
    It’s just office space. There is lots of it available.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Stadiums need to be in big cities. Stirling just doesn’t have the infrastructure to support a stadium. Like it or not, a lot of Scotland crowds are boosted by Glaswegians going along at the last minute. If it was in Stirling that would be lost.

I amended the post to include Perth which you weren't to know . Not entirely disagreeing with you but I think the supporters would travel to either Stirling/Perth or any other place that was suitably neutral enough to be fairer on all fans of the national team and clubs fans.

Just a personal preference mate.

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    I dont believe him just a negotiating position to get a better deal, there is no way on this earth that the sfa will leave Hampden.
    That was exactly what I thought when I listened to him.

Have your say.
    https://t.co/ATJNLtHZvA

People from further north would be more likely to go to Scotland games at a more central location so might even out the last minuters you mentioned

Was at the egg chasing today and the set up for rugby is far in advance of football imo. The stadium compared to hampden is night and day. People say it's miles from the pitch but you could clearly see the football lines today and behind the goals especially it's is no further away than hampden if not closer. In terms of the set up outside it is night and day. Lots of food and drink outlets and plenty going on such as big screens and live bands. I know the client at rugby is different from football, but there is a lot football could learn.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar

There will be just as many put off from travelling to Glasgow from other parts so that will negate that arguement IMO.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Would be a welcome discussion though. When Hunbrox or Celtc Park have been used instead of Hampden it is hard now to assume that the main selling point is that they are in Glasgow. If we had played Engerlund at Murrayfield and it meant another 15,000 tickets that would have all been sold, there would not have been a lot of complaints IMO.