hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar

Excellent article - Neil Lennon

Sorry if posted already but here’s a great article about oor boss. Highly praised and quite rightly so.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/praise-neil-lennon-hibernian-celtic-rangers-lightning-rod-sectarian-nonsense-a8023356.html

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by vince1973 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry if posted already but here’s a great article about oor boss. Highly praised and quite rightly so.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...-a8023356.html
    Cheers - it IS quite good but a bit short in detail. It's more like an introduction to a story - I was looking for p2 !!!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...-a8023356.html

Thanks for putting this up. Very good article indeed.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Cheers - it IS quite good but a bit short in detail. It's more like an introduction to a story - I was looking for p2 !!!
    Yeah I thought that myself, it does shine a light on NL though so we can be thankful for an outside newspaper (not Scottish MSM) highlighting what the guy has to go through. I just hope it isn't read by chairmen of English clubs looking for a new boss

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Gamer IDs

I think he's concentrating on one major point - the way Neil is constantly being blamed for 'attracting' the sectarian bigotry and hatred of the Loyalist hordes to himself by things he allegedly does - does, that is, to 'deserve' the abuse and the defamation of his character and the death threats.

Too many people in Scotland and the Scottish media use the "Well, he doesn't really help himself" line to avoid saying straight out that sending bullets in the post to a man you've never met and who hasn't harmed you personally in any way is a criminal act - as is posting death threats against him on Twitter, or making an unprovoked attack on him in the street because he plays for (or manages) the 'wrong' football team.

It's the same mindset that claims that a woman has 'asked' to be raped because of the way she's dressed, or the argument that some school students are 'natural' targets for the school bullies, as if the victim of violence and abuse somehow shares the responsibility and guilt of their violent abusers. "He/she was asking for it" doesn't wash in a right-minded society, but it's convenient when society doesn't wish to address its own ills and injustices out of fear, complacency, or complicity.

"I'm no Nazi, but you have to admit the Jews don't help themselves ..."

"I'm no racist, but you have to admit the Pakis/Wogs/Paddies/Taigs/Polacks/******s/Papes/Frogs/Dagos/Wops/whoever don't help themselves ..."

So when I bad-mouth them, abuse them, insult them, harass them, make insulting jokes about them,attack them, burn their houses, destroy their businesses, put them in jail, whatever - because deep down I'm a warped twisted hateful bag of anger, envy, prejudice and bigotry - it's not my fault.

They asked for it. They moved into my street. They looked at me funny. They're not like us. They made me do it.

I applaud Neil Lennon for not walking away quietly. I applaud him for facing the bullies and being the man he is, and I'm very glad and proud that he manages the football team I support and love, and I hope he's with us, sticking it to the bigots and haters, for a long time to come.

PS: Can we PLEASE have a smilie for "NEIL LENNON'S GREEN AND WHITE ARMY"? No offence, but Stubbs has been gone for almost 18 months now.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Excellent post, Doddie.

Well said.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Excellent post, Doddie.

Well said.

Thank you, sir. Neil By Mouth.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Great article and a great post from Doddie. Enjoyed reading them both. He's his own man is Neil Lennon and a great for for the Hibees. Respect!

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Brilliant. Thanks for posting it.

Good article. I've got to admit I was never Lennons biggest fan. I probably inexcusablly jumped on the hate bandwagon. I can see why the Celtic fans love him. He's won me over both as a manager and a person. The deamons he fights on a daily basis and the hate aimed towards him has shown him in a different light and i've got to say I'm incredibly proud he's manager of our football club.

I think the writer possibly hits on something in that Lennon refuses to give in to the idiots and that's probably one of the reasons they can't hack it. Not to undermine all the other reasons of course, in all their sinister and shameful glory.
    Last edited by patlowe; 27-10-2017 at 07:41 PM.

Wonderful and insightful article on Neil Lennon.

Thank god most of our fellow Hibees no longer suffer with the cretinous anti-Lennon propaganda that has been so toxic in Scotland for almost 2 decades.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Cracking post, Doddie.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Great read. Great post Doddie

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member

Talking What a good post! Top marks!

[QUOTE=Doddie;5204259]I think he's concentrating on one major point

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    I think he's concentrating on one major point - the way Neil is constantly being blamed for 'attracting' the sectarian bigotry and hatred of the Loyalist hordes to himself by things he allegedly does - does, that is, to 'deserve' the abuse and the defamation of his character and the death threats.

Too many people in Scotland and the Scottish media use the "Well, he doesn't really help himself" line to avoid saying straight out that sending bullets in the post to a man you've never met and who hasn't harmed you personally in any way is a criminal act - as is posting death threats against him on Twitter, or making an unprovoked attack on him in the street because he plays for (or manages) the 'wrong' football team.

It's the same mindset that claims that a woman has 'asked' to be raped because of the way she's dressed, or the argument that some school students are 'natural' targets for the school bullies, as if the victim of violence and abuse somehow shares the responsibility and guilt of their violent abusers. "He/she was asking for it" doesn't wash in a right-minded society, but it's convenient when society doesn't wish to address its own ills and injustices out of fear, complacency, or complicity.

"I'm no racist, but you have to admit the Pakis/Wogs/Paddies/Taigs/Polacks/******s/Papes/Frogs/Dagos/Wops/whoever don't help themselves ..."

So when I bad-mouth them, abuse them, insult them, harass them, make insulting jokes about them,attack them, burn their houses, destroy their businesses, put them in jail, whatever - because deep down I'm a warped twisted hateful bag of anger, envy, prejudice and bigotry - it's not my fault.

They asked for it. They moved into my street. They looked at me funny. They're not like us. They made me do it.

I applaud Neil Lennon for not walking away quietly. I applaud him for facing the bullies and being the man he is, and I'm very glad and proud that he manages the football team I support and love, and I hope he's with us, sticking it to the bigots and haters, for a long time to come.

PS: Can we PLEASE have a smilie for "NEIL LENNON'S GREEN AND WHITE ARMY"? No offence, but Stubbs has been gone for almost 18 months now.
    Superb Doddie

You speak for me. Every word of it

Top notch, G
    This is how it feels

First Team Breakthrough
    Great Post Doddie too often we hear "they asked for it"

Well articulated, Doddie.

Left by mutual consent!

Well written sir.

This has to be the post of the year.

I was far from a fan of Lennon as a player and Celtic manager simply because he so clearly revelled in winding up opposition fans and players and I thought he sometimes went overboard in doing so (Huns not included here). He was also a player that was definitely "love if he plays for you, a pain in the arse if he doesn't"

Nothing to do with his religion or choice to play for NIreland. I think a lot of us, if we're being honest, felt the same re: Lennon back in the day.

Now he's our manager I love the man. Exactly what we needed as a club.

Great artie and follow up post from Doddie....I also didnt like NL's antics as a player and manager with Celtic, but it was all about football, but the bigots of both sets of the old firm are responsible for fuelling what has developed. I will never condone anything that has been done or said that threatens NL's life ..and.to be honest will never.understand why that.level of feeling attaches itself to a person.
    Finally, its mental that it all still continues from the twisted sectarian and bigotted types who continue to be allowed to carry on unchallenged by the clubs to openly express the vile every week,
    PS ..I hope the.police are investigating the comments mentioned in the article on twitter accounts ...

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    The important point being the Neil Lennon smiley!

Who’s making it happen??

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/praise-neil-lennon-hibernian-celtic-rangers-lightning-rod-sectarian-nonsense-a8023356.html
    Ah cannae git the matches tae light! I mean, I can’t open this page - what’s wrong with my iPad? Sounds like an interesting piece but a
    good post Doddie. Agree with every single word brother!

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wee Effen Bee View Post
    Ah cannae git the matches tae light! I mean, I can’t open this page - what’s wrong with my iPad? Sounds like an interesting piece but a
    good post Doddie. Agree with every single word brother!
    Click on the link in the 2nd post, from Deansy,

Found this one last night, need to subscribe but it's free for a couple of articles.

https://www.thetwopointone.com/how-h...ce-once-again/

@hibs.net private member
    Great article and Doddie's post is the best post I have ever read on any social media.

Both are messages we need to get out there. Unfortunately, while intelligent people will understand and support both, hatred needs no intelligence, so the haters, sadly, won't understand.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Post of the year. Fantastic.

Testimonial Due

[SIZE=P3]PS: Can we PLEASE have a smilie for "NEIL LENNON'S GREEN AND WHITE ARMY"? No offence, but Stubbs has been gone for almost 18 months now.[/SIZE]
    Brilliant post, sums it up perfectly 👍