hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scott Martin

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is he maybe another youngster who's reached a certain level and stopped, much like Stanton, Handling etc, it happens in football where their levels just plateau, they can't all be 1st teamers.
    sad but true
    I was one of them 60 odd years ago !!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When McGinn leaves he will get more game time IMO, as others have said it's a shame for him that we have our best midfield select of the last decade to choose from.
    I'd have thought when McGinn leaves we're likely to sign a quality replacement.
    Happy to be proved wrong but so far Martin has looked like a solid squad player - tidy player but not banging the door down to move up the pecking order.

Slightly different positions but at the moment I think Fraser Murray looks much more likely to get game time.
    2 years younger, almost the same amount of games as Martin and looks to have a bit of X-factor about him.
    Hoping he pushes on and doesn't stagnate.

Plus side is that it's nice to be having these kind of debates about good players not able to get a game right now. It'll also hopefully push them to be better players.

I think he has been quality when given a chance and strongly disagree with folk who have said he has done ok.

Lennon himself stated earlier in the year Martin has a big future in Scottish football.

It might not be with us, but I back him to be a success.