hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Harry who?

Best ignored. Bad challenge, should have been sent off. I think in ten years time, this will probably be the highlight of his career when he recounts his past football experiences to the guys down at some second division team. "Do you remember the day I chopped down Scotland star, John McGinn".

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looked deliberate? He went in a full 3 seconds after McGinn had played the ball. It wasn't a tackle, it was attempted assault.
    You need to read my later post.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

My jambo mate says there are in transition, money needed for the stand, injuries yadayada. Translated means we're skint and we are better than them. He did point out they are still close to us which is true and hopefully we can finish off teams when so on top. I'm sure we will be top six but we would be third if we had converted the draws with dundee and St Johnstone into wins. As for injuries I pointed out stokes, mcgregor, swanson, Fontaine to which he let slip that we have a strong squad and that potter almost achieved a bore draw if Murray hadn't have scored. Even he is hoodwinked by Potter and he's one of the sane jambos.

First Team Breakthrough
    An inexperienced 16 year old lets his frustration get the better of him.
    It was a shocker of a tackle and he showed have walked (personally I think if it was an older player he would have and the ref cut him a break).
    However there’s no need for some of the abuse being directed at the boy. Some of you are acting as if none of our players have ever put in a shocker of a tackle.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    FFS is this still being discussed? Yes it should have a been a red, but how many players (ours included) would take down the player instead of letting them get in on goal? Its a professional foul.

Put it this way, reverse the situation and scoreline and i bet the vast majority on here would be livid had a hibs player not took the man down and let him through on goal in a Derby. McGinn is even in the paper saying there is no hard feelings. Lets move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    FFS is this still being discussed? Yes it should have a been a red, but how many players (ours included) would take down the player instead of letting them get in on goal? Its a professional foul.

Put it this way, reverse the situation and scoreline and i bet the vast majority on here would be livid had a hibs player not took the man down and let him through on goal in a Derby. McGinn is even in the paper saying there is no hard feelings. Lets move on.
    A professional foul is pulling his shirt or tripping him, this was trying to injured someone who made him look like the silly laddy that he is.

Left by mutual consent!

I'm sure deeks got sent off for doing similar to big nose in one derby. They always seem to get away with this on the pitch. I'm sure they have been done a good few times by the compliance officer after the game which gives no advantage to us at the time.

It was a professional foul with intent to injure = red card.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    I'm sure deeks got sent off for doing similar to big nose in one derby. They always seem to get away with this on the pitch. I'm sure they have been done a good few times by the compliance officer after the game which gives no advantage to us at the time.

Remember that, right through the back of him just outside the hearts 18 yard line. Think he was captain that day also. Don't remember many people on here celebrating the moment.

Theres been several derbies over the years where we had been needing a player to put that kind of reckless challenge in....maybe we wouldnt have lost so many games if they had

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    A professional foul is pulling his shirt or tripping him, this was trying to injured someone who made him look like the silly laddy that he is.
    OK maybe my wording of prof fouls was incorrect, but do you honestly think his thought and intetion was to Injure him. Im pretty sure it was a split second '**** he is in on goal, im taking him down' ......mountain is being made here IMO

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    Theres been several derbies over the years where we had been needing a player to put that kind of reckless challenge in....maybe we wouldnt have lost so many games if they had
    Aye, cos it worked for them on Tuesday.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    OK maybe my wording of prof fouls was incorrect, but do you honestly think his thought and intetion was to Injure him. Im pretty sure it was a split second '**** he is in on goal, im taking him down' ......mountain is being made here IMO
    Whether his intention was to injure or not the reckless nature of the challenge knee high could easily have ended up in a bad long term injury.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    My jambo mate says there are in transition, money needed for the stand, injuries yadayada. Translated means we're skint and we are better than them. He did point out they are still close to us which is true and hopefully we can finish off teams when so on top. I'm sure we will be top six but we would be third if we had converted the draws with dundee and St Johnstone into wins. As for injuries I pointed out stokes, mcgregor, swanson, Fontaine to which he let slip that we have a strong squad and that potter almost achieved a bore draw if Murray hadn't have scored. Even he is hoodwinked by Potter and he's one of the sane jambos.
    Surely you can only claim to NEARLY getting a "bore draw" if its a late winner??? They were 1 down after 3 minutes

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by -Jonesy- View Post
    Remember that, right through the back of him just outside the hearts 18 yard line. Think he was captain that day also. Don't remember many people on here celebrating the moment.
    Yeah he was captain that day too - perhaps Calderwood

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyRae View Post
    Bit harsh of young Harry, he's my mates laddie and hate that we didn't snap him up as he's got huge potential. Aye, was a shocking challenge on Mcginn and deserved a red but a 16 year-old doesn't deserve the abuse he's been getting. He's a quiet, polite guy who hates losing (unfortunately he'll need to get used to that being with them) and fair play to him for making the grade.
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    By putting in challenges like that he deserves all the abuse he gets. Could make a case for the point you're making if it had just been a bit late or a bit reckless, but it was a shocker and couldn't have been more deliberate.
    Correct - I'm sorry, but for me he only got away with it because he's 16. And the only reason anyone has any sympathy with him now, is because he's 16.

Calumhibee is spot on - that wasn't "late" or "mistimed". The ball was long gone, and he had at least 3 or 4 seconds to decide not to make that tackle - but no, he went right ahead and took John out. "Hating losing" does not excuse recklessly and deliberately cleaning players out. If you are gonnae make premeditated "challenges" like that, you have to expect some abuse, and frankly you deserve it.

So, 16 or not 16 - ****** him, dirty wee Hearts bast**d.

@hibs.net private member
    Bit harsh of young Harry, he's my mates laddie and hate that we didn't snap him up as he's got huge potential. Aye, was a shocking challenge on Mcginn and deserved a red but a 16 year-old doesn't deserve the abuse he's been getting. He's a quiet, polite guy who hates losing (unfortunately he'll need to get used to that being with them) and fair play to him for making the grade.
    Looks a real talent - very quick feet. Would have been quite a learning 45 mins for him ....

@hibs.net private member
    On the list of things wrong with that club a 16 year old doing something incredibly daft is pretty low down.

He never should have been near the pitch in the first place, that's Potters fault.

Not condoning the tackle, it was awful and without question the easiest red you'll ever see but for me his age is absolutely a factor. When you put young, inexperienced kids in situations they aren't ready for they do stupid (and sometimes dangerous things) - is that a surprise?

Put it this way, reverse the situation and scoreline and i bet the vast majority on here would be livid had a hibs player not took the man down and let him through on goal in a Derby.
    Dave Beaumont anyone?

Cochrane is supposed to be a professional footballer, so his age is irrelevant and if he commits a foul like that then he deserves to get abuse from the opposing fans.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Dave Beaumont anyone?

Cochrane is supposed to be a professional footballer, so his age is irrelevant and if he commits a foul like that then he deserves to get abuse from the opposing fans.
    Where has been getting abuse, other than on here? You

If SJM had done that tackle on Cochrane kickback would've had a thread 50 pages long by now slating him.

The rules for the compliance officer should be changed so yellow cards can be upgraded to reds.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    About 4'35" in to the highlights here.
    That’s the first time I’ve seen that. Unbelievable that he wasn’t given a red card.

United we stand here....

Yeah and Ian Murray got sent off for a similar one on McGeady once in a game towards end of the season at Parkhead.

Yet we've seen this shocker on McGinn and Stevie Mays assault on Boyle which only got yellow cards. The refs don't apply the laws. I'm amazed McGinn hasn't had a serious injury with some of the treatment he's had this season

Left by mutual consent!
    Looked deliberate? He went in a full 3 seconds after McGinn had played the ball. It wasn't a tackle, it was attempted assault.
    It WAS assault -not one of those mis-placed/mis-timed things ! Even if the little-b*****d had stopped to say sorry or even looked at SJM to see how he was, it might've helped things but he doesn't - just gets up and scampers off !!

It'd be really interesting to see a video of their bench/Levein when it happened - getting an image of the proud Levein standing there with a 'That's ma boy' look on his coupon !!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Where has been getting abuse, other than on here? You
    At the game according to this post.

I agree he's at wrong club to learn much and he's already been told when Cowie and the other hammer thrower are back he's back to the 20s. Not arguing the challenge wasnt a shocker as it was but some of the things that were bring shouted at him were inexcusable, let's leave that to the rugby fans in maroon. He's a talented lad and has shown that for Scotland, he could've been a good signing for us.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

In some respects you have to admire a 16 year old getting stuck in to the opposition and abusing the ref (more than once) in the way he did - takes guts and what you might call 'character'. Ultimately though he's a professional footballer, put in a shocking challenge (as well as a couple of others that may well have warranted a card), and therefore deserves to be berated just like any other player (regardless of age) in the same situation. Sorry

nope. actual assault

Quote Originally Posted by TheHarpy76 View Post
    An inexperienced 16 year old lets his frustration get the better of him.
    It was a shocker of a tackle and he showed have walked (personally I think if it was an older player he would have and the ref cut him a break).
    However there’s no need for some of the abuse being directed at the boy. Some of you are acting as if none of our players have ever put in a shocker of a tackle.
    tonight is the first I have heard of this so called abuse. is it on social media? at the match, feelings are high in a derby, and some might rant abuse which is fairly normal if I can say, when the end result is Paramount. no one near me in the East actually wanted him to die of Aids. that comment is more than silly. his action though was unbelievably silly. I await your comment on this.

Left by mutual consent!

Absolutely. Those of us with a memory of the yams over manies a year will always pre warn of yam aggression and physicality that won't always be punished while a more moderate Hibs tackle was overly punished. Think of Stuart Dougal and nothing more needs to be said. There has been a few recent reverses with Steven McLean in the SC v Hun final being most noticeable and most gratefully accepted when we won the Holy Grail.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by E10 Rifle View Post
    In some respects you have to admire a 16 year old getting stuck in to the opposition and abusing the ref (more than once) in the way he did - takes guts and what you might call 'character'.
    Oh aye, he's a character right enough, what a laddie , what's he gonnae dae next his Da might say

MonktonHarp, must have had an altercation with an imaginary fan then 🙄 Point was the abuse was ott not whether it was a red or not, it was 100% a red.