hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Anthony Brown from the EEN called it right on the MNF podcast last night. He said in the context of a 16yr old playing in an Edinburgh Derby, he done well, but if the same performance was put in by a 25yr old he'd be getting the same criticism as the rest of them.

As for the challenge, its a red. No intention to play the ball. It's about 20 yards away and as he approached mcginn, all he's doing is watching the man instead of the ball.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looked deliberate as well, obviously another candidate for the painter role trying to endear himself to the hordes. If that's the standard he's heading down the same road as most of the yams one season superstars.
    Looked deliberate?

The ball was 10 yards away before he cleared out SJM.

Some of the comments are over the top, though.

If it had been a Hibs youngster who'd done that in similar circumstances, there would be plenty on here praising him.

The problem isn't with the laddie. It's the cynical attitude of the managers that's to blame.

It's not difficult to imagine Kevin telling the boy to do anything necessary to stop anyone getting past, in the knowledge that a red card wouldn't affect hertz next team selection.

I watched the Aberdeen game last night and McLeish openy criticised Aberdeen players for not "taking out" Tierney on his run before the second goal.

Add into that the fact that Levein said the Derbies are not about football and it's easy to think that the laddie was under instructions.

He should have walked though so the ref has compounded the outrage.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by AllyRae View Post
    He was with Rangers and both Hibs and Hearts were interested, unfortunately he went to the dark side! Huge future in the game.

It was a bad challenge in a derby, get over it! Shouting hoping for a laddie to "die of AIDS" and a lot worse? Aye hard men!! No wonder our young talent f*** off down south
    Would you still be saying that if he had seriously injured SJM with that challenge?
    He may be young but anyone who does that deserves all the abuse coming his way!
    What a moment this is!
    It's Liam Henderson to deliver......

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Looked deliberate?

If it had been a Hibs youngster who'd done that in similar circumstances, there would be plenty on here praising him.

The problem isn't with the laddie. It's the cynical attitude of the managers that's to blame.

It's not difficult to imagine Kevin telling the boy to do anything necessary to stop anyone getting past, in the knowledge that a red card wouldn't affect hertz next team selection.

I watched the Aberdeen game last night and McLeish openy criticised Aberdeen players for not "taking out" Tierney on his run before the second goal.

Add into that the fact that Levein said the Derbies are not about football and it's easy to think that the laddie was under instructions.

I think it was deliberate as well but I've no way of knowing what was in the boys head. I suspect, as you say he was doing exactly what his manager tells the players, and is engrained in the culture of the club.

You could also say he was following the example set by their more senior players, their so called hard man Callachan being an example - he couldn't lay a glove on us though.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    He was with Rangers and both Hibs and Hearts were interested, unfortunately he went to the dark side! Huge future in the game.

It was a bad challenge in a derby, get over it! Shouting hoping for a laddie to "die of AIDS" and a lot worse? Aye hard men!! No wonder our young talent f*** off down south
    I find it hard to believe anyone shouted that at him.

Looked deliberate?

They have a string of 16 year olds signed up and they will hung out to dry by Potter whilst the EEN soft soaps the gunts by proclaiming them as "the future", fast forward a few years and they'll be playing for Brechin, Berwick etc. It'll buy Potter time though.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I find it hard to believe anyone shouted that at him.
    I don't.

As for the tackle - I thought at the time it was easily a red, without seeing any replays. Looked to me that he was frustrated at being skinned (and how good McGinn was playing them) and decided to chop him.

Could have hauled him down or made a cynical foul.. but no he wanted to go in with a high and late challenge. Red.

But he didn't, he got booked. These tackles happen in games, especially derbies, from time to time. The fact he's only 16 isn't an excuse.. but no need to linger on it or continue abusing him for it.

(albeit I was out my seat, and into the row of stairs, at the time )

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    I don't.

As for the tackle - I thought at the time it was easily a red, without seeing any replays. Looked to me that he was frustrated at being skinned (and how good McGinn was playing them) and decided to chop him.

Could have hauled him down or made a cynical foul.. but no he wanted to go in with a high and late challenge. Red.

But he didn't, he got booked. These tackles happen in games, especially derbies, from time to time. The fact he's only 16 isn't an excuse.. but no need to linger on it or continue abusing him for it.

(albeit I was out my seat, and into the row of stairs, at the time )
    There's three seconds between McGinn touching the ball forward and Cochrane halving him. Totally deliberate.

Anyone who thinks it wasn't a deliberate chop on a player clean through needs to put the maroon crack pipe down

Ally,

Would the location of his home's distance from riccarton and East mains have influenced his decision to go to the dark side?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by -Jonesy- View Post
    Anyone who thinks it wasn't a deliberate chop on a player clean through needs to put the maroon crack pipe down
    If it wasn’t deliberate he’s miles off the pace and nowhere near ready for men’s football.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    There's three seconds between McGinn touching the ball forward and Cochrane halving him. Totally deliberate.
    Steady on, maybe 3 seconds in the slow motion replay.

Clear deliberate foul though, obviously, I cannae understand anyone thinking otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Harry C*ckring.

Ian, I'm not totally sure, all his dad has said is that the set up at both hibs and hearts was far superior to anything at rangers and that's from a die hard sevco fan who scouts for the youths.

I'm not arguing that it wasn't a late and a reckless challenge or that it wasn't a straight red as it was. Potter may have told him to commit these challenges and if he did yeah he's going to ruin the laddies natural ability. All I was saying is that abuse he received was ott. That comment was aimed at him and worse, surely we're above That?

@hibs.net private member
    Ian, I'm not totally sure, all his dad has said is that the set up at both hibs and hearts was far superior to anything at rangers and that's from a die hard sevco fan who scouts for the youths.

I'm not arguing that it wasn't a late and a reckless challenge or that it wasn't a straight red as it was. Potter may have told him to commit these challenges and if he did yeah he's going to ruin the laddies natural ability. All I was saying is that abuse he received was ott. That comment was aimed at him and worse, surely we're above That?

Young lad making his derby debut gets a bit carried away. Can't cope with the situation he has been thrown in to by Levein and goes over the top. Absolutely a red card but do we really need to sink the level of personal abuse and insults of a laddie barely out of short trousers? If anyone deserves the insults it is CL who clearly coaches his players to punctuate every game with fowls

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    If anyone deserves the insults it is CL who clearly coaches his players to punctuate every game with fowls
    It's a chicken and egg situation.

Having now seen the replay.. I'm not simply thinking it easily could have been red, but now 100% convinced it was a bad decision not to send him off!!! Even worse than what I thought at first.

If those comments have affected him then it also indicates that he isnt mature enough to handle adult football yet, his tackle on McGinn showed a recklessness with a fellow pros health and that concerns me more than verbal abuse from the crowd.
    Hope Hearts continue blooding these youngsters as Henderson looked anything but an athlete, Brandon was generally bypassed and when the heat was on Cochrane blew it. We had Shaw unused and he showed his bottle on Saturday

First Team Breakthrough scotia44's Avatar
    As other posters have said CL is to blame much like baldy Houston coached some good Falkirk laddies to be thugs before fitba players and looked what happened to those boys. Coaches have a huge role to play in these boys development and you can see which path both CL & PH prefer to take them.

Bit harsh of young Harry, he's my mates laddie and hate that we didn't snap him up as he's got huge potential. Aye, was a shocking challenge on Mcginn and deserved a red but a 16 year-old doesn't deserve the abuse he's been getting. He's a quiet, polite guy who hates losing (unfortunately he'll need to get used to that being with them) and fair play to him for making the grade.
    Your right he did deserve a red but you don’t land tackles like that just because you hate losing, especially at that age, I think he’s followed instructions on the overall game plan of Levine in, we can’t beat them at playing football but we’ll stop them playing football any way we can. Tell your pal to get his laddie out oh there.

Left by mutual consent!
    Could someone post a replay of the incident please?

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post

Young lad making his derby debut gets a bit carried away. Can't cope with the situation he has been thrown in to by Levein and goes over the top. Absolutely a red card but do we really need to sink the level of personal abuse and insults of a laddie barely out of short trousers? If anyone deserves the insults it is CL who clearly coaches his players to punctuate every game with fowls
    Levein won't die of AIDS.Unless wee Jimmy Krankie is using dirty needles.
    And if he continues to permeate his side with chickens, then hell mend him.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Could someone post a replay of the incident please?
    About 4'35" in to the highlights here.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post

Levein won't die of AIDS.Unless wee Jimmy Krankie is using dirty needles.
    And if he continues to permeate his side with chickens, then hell mend him.
    Very sharp, Mr Pope.

When it comes to spotting pun opportunities, you have no equails.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Very sharp, Mr Pope.

When it comes to spotting pun opportunities, you have no equails.
    FFS dont egg him on.

A part from JC and Fletcher, what other young talent has gone south
    As to the AIDS shout, in all the years of supporting Hibs, I have never heard a Hibs fan shout that at a player! Hearts fans are well known to shout that sort of abuse at Hibs players and fans

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    About 4'35" in to the highlights here.
    Thanks. That's actual assault by the wee hearts ****.

Left by mutual consent!
    I thought our support was the bunch of aids ridden junkies? Hard to keep up with the times these days.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar

As a matter of interest, what was worse that was said to him?

I've never heard any hibs fan say an opposing player should "die of aids" but gave heard plenty Jambo's call us junkie aids ridden vermin.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Looked deliberate as well, obviously another candidate for the painter role trying to endear himself to the hordes. If that's the standard he's heading down the same road as most of the yams one season superstars.
    Looked deliberate? He went in a full 3 seconds after McGinn had played the ball. It wasn't a tackle, it was attempted assault.