hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Levein puts trust in 16 year old

www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/craig-levein-admits-should-

Shows you how clueless Levein is when he thinks a 16 year old will make a difference to Hearts in the Edinburgh Derby.
    The youngster has made 4 appearances in total and last night showed he was miles away from being ready to play at SPFL level.
    In his 45 mjnutes cameo he could easily have been booked well before his assault on SJM.
    Can't remember him having any creative play at all?

As for Brandon and Henderson LOL If that is the standard of youngsters coming through their Academy 😂😂😂
    Last edited by Tynie01011973; 25-10-2017 at 09:15 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Interesting thread title!

Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting thread title!

Sorted 😁
    What a moment this is!
    It's Liam Henderson to deliver......

Is he the youngest player to be booked at this level?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tynie01011973 View Post
    www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/craig-levein-admits-should-

Shows you how clueless Levein is when he thinks a 16 year old will make a difference to Hearts in the Edinburgh Derby.
    The youngster has made 4 appearances in total and last night showed he was miles away from being ready to play at SPFL level.
    In his 45 mjnutes cameo he could easily have been booked well before his assault on SJM.
    Can't remember him having any creative play at all?

As for Brandon and Henderson LOL If that is the standard of youngsters coming through their Academy 😂😂😂
    “Harry’s quite a tough wee boy. He’ll compete - it’s just that he hasn’t got anywhere near the kind of strength that the players he’s playing against have got'

I read it as Potter's way of publicly endorsing the dirty, wee b******'s assault on SJM but without actually saying so !

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Is he the youngest player to be booked at this level?
    He’s the youngest player that’s SJM has ripped the pish out of in a derby.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Unless that 16 year old is the reincarnation of Joe Baker then Levein is talking his usual level of intelligence

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    “Harry’s quite a tough wee boy. He’ll compete - it’s just that he hasn’t got anywhere near the kind of strength that the players he’s playing against have got'

I read it as Potter's way of publicly endorsing the dirty, wee b******'s assault on SJM but without actually saying so !
    Dirty wee weasel puss tackled SJM a full 3 seconds after McGinn had played the ball. I still can't believe he stayed on the pitch after that.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tynie01011973 View Post
    Sorted 😁
    Not quite 😂
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post

Sounds about right. Just what you'd expect from them.

Bit harsh of young Harry, he's my mates laddie and hate that we didn't snap him up as he's got huge potential. Aye, was a shocking challenge on Mcginn and deserved a red but a 16 year-old doesn't deserve the abuse he's been getting. He's a quiet, polite guy who hates losing (unfortunately he'll need to get used to that being with them) and fair play to him for making the grade.

Quote Originally Posted by AllyRae View Post
    Bit harsh of young Harry, he's my mates laddie and hate that we didn't snap him up as he's got huge potential. Aye, was a shocking challenge on Mcginn and deserved a red but a 16 year-old doesn't deserve the abuse he's been getting. He's a quiet, polite guy who hates losing (unfortunately he'll need to get used to that being with them) and fair play to him for making the grade.
    Unfortunately any potential talent he has will be ruined playing for that lot especially under Levein. All he'll get is a chronic neck issue watching the ball fly over his head constantly.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    By putting in challenges like that he deserves all the abuse he gets. Could make a case for the point you're making if it had just been a bit late or a bit reckless, but it was a shocker and couldn't have been more deliberate.

Actually felt sorry for the young player making his debutagainst Hibs. A young boy is going to emulate what his senior players aredoing. So after watching his older team mate’s lack of pace. Kicking andpushing and pulling back anything that passed them then sure he is going tocopy players that he should be looking up to. If the young boy is a footballplayer then under Hearts and Levein he is at the wrong Club. Class ispermanent. If the young boy has any aspirations for his career. He should getaway from the ‘Pub Team’ or he will get dragged down to their level. This isnot a vindictive post .but from someone who has been there and feels for youngplayers. You don’t want to be remembered for a tackle that was late . but foryour input into a game that you helped influence.

If we were losing 1-0 to Hearts and we put on a 16 year old who nailed their best player I would say good on him.

He was one of their better players and unfortunately none of the older or more experienced players helped him out or got stuck in.

It was a shocking tackle and was lucky not to see a red card, he showed far more than any other hearts player though imo

I agree he's at wrong club to learn much and he's already been told when Cowie and the other hammer thrower are back he's back to the 20s. Not arguing the challenge wasnt a shocker as it was but some of the things that were bring shouted at him were inexcusable, let's leave that to the rugby fans in maroon. He's a talented lad and has shown that for Scotland, he could've been a good signing for us.

go away. he was a dirty wee sheite and should have walked, after taking a fellow professional player oot, the way he did.

Was he ever with us? Where did Hearts get him! I thought for a 16 year old lad he wasn’t any worse than the cowards in his team!

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    If we were losing 1-0 to Hearts and we put on a 16 year old who nailed their best player I would say good on him.

He was one of their better players and unfortunately none of the older or more experienced players helped him out or got stuck in.

It was a shocking tackle and was lucky not to see a red card, he showed far more than any other hearts player though imo
    you'd be as well saying..................we're a goal doon against a real fitba' team. kick them off the park, especially their best and we might yet get something oot o' this

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    you'd be as well saying..................we're a goal doon against a real fitba' team. kick them off the park, especially their best and we might yet get something oot o' this
    If we were losing to hearts then and that was our only option of a result, then yes I would say that.

But we are better ham hearts in every department so don’t have to resort to that nonsense.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    I agree he's at wrong club to learn much and he's already been told when Cowie and the other hammer thrower are back he's back to the 20s. Not arguing the challenge wasnt a shocker as it was but some of the things that were bring shouted at him were inexcusable, let's leave that to the rugby fans in maroon. He's a talented lad and has shown that for Scotland, he could've been a good signing for us.
    If he’s gonna play with the big boys and try and act like he big boys he’s gonna have to put up with what the big boys put up with from opposition fans. If you are saying his challenge was a result of things said then he needs another career. If you’re not then I’m not sure what your point is regards what’s being shouted at him. If he’s going to make a worthwhile career as a footballer he’s going to have to grow a real thick skin real quick. The dirty wee ****.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    **** him. Deserves all the abuse he gets.

He was with Rangers and both Hibs and Hearts were interested, unfortunately he went to the dark side! Huge future in the game.

It was a bad challenge in a derby, get over it! Shouting hoping for a laddie to "die of AIDS" and a lot worse? Aye hard men!! No wonder our young talent f*** off down south

He was with Rangers and both Hibs and Hearts were interested, unfortunately he went to the dark side! Huge future in the game.

It was a bad challenge in a derby, get over it! Shouting hoping for a laddie to "die of AIDS" and a lot worse? Aye hard men!! No wonder our young talent f*** off down south
    Aye because its all rosey down south

Went in late knee high on one of scotlands best young talents, **** the little dirty scrote, no sympathy

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

I am not interested in him catching aids, but what i do want is for him to be snapped in half a few times so he knows what its like.

Then we will see how much of a hard man he is.

****in hearts prick.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by -Jonesy- View Post
    Went in late knee high on one of scotlands best young talents, **** the little dirty scrote, no sympathy
    Looked deliberate as well, obviously another candidate for the painter role trying to endear himself to the hordes. If that's the standard he's heading down the same road as most of the yams one season superstars.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Suggest he needs to grow a thicker skin if he is listening to fans abuse. Not sure what he would expect after trying to seriously injure one of our best players. Thought he looked promising however should have walked which may have helped him in the long run and got him to concentrate on playing football rather than karate.

He may be a talented youngster but if he buys into Levein's football philosophy he'll end up plying his trade at Stenhousemuir or Arbroath.

Great way to destroy a 16 year olds confidence. Throw him in against a vastly superior team in a derby and let him get hung out to dry. Great management by Potter.