hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Souness NHC

Coaching Staff
    He's got a book to sell.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Souness

From what I saw on the news, it was a captive audience and he was giving them away for free .

He was signing his book at rbs yesterday and apparently huge queues for his signature. He obviously still fascinates people. Dirty bar steward as a player although hugely talented. Total bellend as a human being. Each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mr Spewness is partially right. Scottish football does need challengers to the Celtc domination. He blindly assumes it must come from The Rangers however, if the game was run correctly by the authorities, adjustments would be made to encourage and enable all other teams to make a decent challenge. Alas, the blinkers are still on and will remain on as long as articles like this are given a forum and the game is controlled by patsies the likes of Donkey and Reagan.
    Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nick T Muir
    Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    He was signing his book at rbs yesterday and apparently huge queues for his signature. He obviously still fascinates people. Dirty bar steward as a player although hugely talented. Total bellend as a human being. Each to their own.
    I was one who met him to get a book signed for my old man for Christmas. My dad is a Hibby but will be interested in the Souness story.

I spoke briefly to him about the derby and he had good things to say about Hibs and Lennon. He was also one of the most polite people who I’ve spoken to at book signings and despite the huge queue he took time to speak to people and get photos taken. But still, let’s not look past the ‘he’s a Hun arrogant barsteward’ tag.

I don’t agree with his Scottish Football needs a strong Rangers argument but that’s his opinion and he’s entitled to it. If we were to tag people on this forum based on the ***** opinions they spout we’d all hate each other.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Heard it again on Sunday Sportsound on Radio Scotland and boy did John Hartson rip into him.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    Heard it again on Sunday Sportsound on Radio Scotland and boy did John Hartson rip into him.
    Both Souness & Hartson were talking some amount of pish. They should really read up on the facts before getting all worked up on a subject. I like Hartson, he's definately a good guy but on this occasion he was talking nonsense I'm afraid.

First Team Breakthrough JPrinty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Both Souness & Hartson were talking some amount of pish. They should really read up on the facts before getting all worked up on a subject. I like Hartson, he's definately a good guy but on this occasion he was talking nonsense I'm afraid.
    So you agree with Souness then as Hartson certainly didn't?

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JPrinty View Post
    So you agree with Souness then as Hartson certainly didn't?
    On what point? They both made quite a lot of points. I agreed with some and not others. However what I'm refering to here is that both Souness & Hartson banged on about Rangers being "relegated/demoted/pushed down a few divisions". All those terms were used by one or other of them (all three by Hartson) during the show. They were both talking pish.

Hartson was trying to make the point that Scottish football doesn't need a strong Rangers. I agree with him but he then went on a massive rant about how Rangers ended up where they are now in which he spoke a lot on nonsense, with the host and other guests trying to correct him several times, without getting a word in edge-ways. You could say it was a good point, badly made.