hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dundee Utd

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because having a legend of a manager in charge of some other team is hard to take especially if you are of the opinion he could be doing a better job here.
    Grow up

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Because having a legend of a manager in charge of some other team is hard to take especially if you are of the opinion he could be doing a better job here.
    Stubbs had his chance he chose Rotherham !!!!!

As I have said before thanks for the cup and all the best but his time at Hibs has passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Maybe not sorted out his package yet
    Oo er missus

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post

As I have said before thanks for the cup and all the best but his time at Hibs has passed.
    Stubbs jumped before he was pushed.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Stubbs jumped before he was pushed.
    Exactly. He’d already been found badly lacking in two league campaigns but he’s better than a multi championship multi cup winning manger.

Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    McIntyre and Dodds will be replacement.
    Should be but the talk is of John Hughes.
    Frying pan to fire me thinks.

I personally think it was a good move for him at the time. Anything can happen in that league, Huddersfield have proved that! But they were just rank rotten..
    Last edited by Swedish hibee; 23-10-2017 at 11:34 AM.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Exactly. He’d already been found badly lacking in two league campaigns but he’s better than a multi championship multi cup winning manger.

Come on.
    I'd be very surprised if DU went for Stubbs. He was fantastic at getting players up for big games but completely the opposite for diddy teams. Winning the Championship is about beating the diddy teams and considering the budget he had, his record is poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post

Come on.
    I can't understand why a lot of fans want him back

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    A lot of United fans I know have been wanting him out for months
    Exactly. I can't think of many who would see this as either harsh or rash. And they're better placed as fans to judge how he has been as a manager for them.

I thought they looked good to win that league this season after a few very positive signings (including Fyvie, who was mentioned in a pathetic post previously in this thread), but things aren't working the way they are.

If nothing else, this thread has been a good way of letting some posters open up the slagging of two of our biggest Scottish Cup heroes again though

The grass is always greener.

Utd backed MacKinnon both summers and hes brought in alot of players. Hasnt improved them on last season. With St Mirren/Dunfermline improving massively hes been found out! He only kept up with us last season due to us being dreadful for large parts of the season.

Blog Entries
    Me neither. He was 10 minutes away from being a total catastrophe.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    Me neither. He was 10 minutes away from being a total catastrophe.
    No he wasnt. Stubbs was very good for Hibs before that cup win. He made excellent signings, many of whom are still here and playing a big part, along with making us good to watch after years of rubbish.

He made us very strong at home, something Lennon is failing at big time.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    No he wasnt. Stubbs was very good for Hibs before that cup win. He made excellent signings, many of whom are still here and playing a big part, along with making us good to watch after years of rubbish.

To be fair Lennon is trying to beat Aberdeen, Celtic etc instead of Dumbarton and Queen of the South.

Testimonial Due
    Couple of ridiculous comments being made.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post

We finished 3rd in a 2 horse race in his last season. That is not 'very good' by any stretch of the imagination.

First Team Breakthrough
    We finished 3rd in a 2 horse race in his last season. That is not 'very good' by any stretch of the imagination.
    Reaching both finals of the cup competitions arguably made our season a lot tougher for players compared to Falkirk/rangers though IMO. Stubbs had us playing good football and totally rebuilt the squad - he was very good & I think he’d of got us promoted no bother last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to start another Stubbs vs Lennon debate but Stubbs had us finishing on 70 points in both his seasons, Lennon had 71 points.

If anything Stubbs had the better performance in the Championship against harder opposition as well as balancing a double cup final in his last season.

Makes me bitter when people try and label Stubbs as a failure when he was anything but, a fantastic manger who is welcome back whenever Lennon decides to leave

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    To be fair Lennon is trying to beat Aberdeen, Celtic etc instead of Dumbarton and Queen of the South.
    To be fair, Stubbs was competing to the very final stages in three competitions against a resurgent Sevco in his second season without enough squad depth and inherited a total shambles in season one. I've no doubt he'd have won the league had he stayed on, and dare I say more comfortably.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Right, before I get pelters, I couldn't make the semi on Saturday as I was in Dundee for a family thing, but was instead at Tannadice and Utd were hopeless.

When you look at the players they have - Macdonald, Flood, Fyvie, Stanton, Keats etc - they should be challenging for top spot, but their passing was all over the place and they lost most of the 50/50 challenges. I thought Keats in particular was woeful and not the guy who scored some crackers for us.

ICT were a bit like Aberdeen (without the clumsy challenges), direct, accurate and confident with a solid defence and their right wing/back was excellent till he ran out of steam in the second half.

Hope they appoint someone decent who gets them back up.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Under a year ago folk were raving about McKinnon and how Utd were a huge threat to us!

He’s just another that hasn’t got it. Finally these so called managers are being found out.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Under a year ago folk were raving about McKinnon and how Utd were a huge threat to us!

He’s just another that hasn’t got it. Finally these so called managers are being found out.
    McKinnon isn't just an ex-player thrown into management. He did his time at Brechin and then Raith before Dundee Utd apointed him. It seemed a good appointment and perhaps he can feel aggrieved to be axed in fourth place with a couple of winnable games coming up.

Dundee Utd are not known for their patience and will pay for their quickfire approach to hiring and firing managers.

I agree with Jim Duffy. If they are getting through coaches that quick perhaps the problem lies elsewhere at the club.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Has he been sacked yet, nothing on official site

He’s definitely going . He was meeting the board this afternoon and it will either be announced tonight or tomorrow morning. Hughes will be in before the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    To be fair, Stubbs was competing to the very final stages in three competitions against a resurgent Sevco in his second season without enough squad depth and inherited a total shambles in season one. I've no doubt he'd have won the league had he stayed on, and dare I say more comfortably.
    I ain't having a go at Stubbs I am sticking up for our current manager.
    You should try it sometime.

I still believe Stubbs would have excelled as our manager in the Premiership. We needed something different to get the Championship job done though and we got that.

Stubbs has to earn his right to get a big job all over again and has a reputation to rebuild. If we are looking for a manager in the medium term then, depending how he gets on with that, he should be considered.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I ain't having a go at Stubbs I am sticking up for our current manager.
    You should try it sometime.
    What on earth are you on about?

I prefer Stubbs to Lennon on a personal level. He also gave me the best day I'll ever have as a Hibs supporter. I also happen to think he'd also have gotten us promoted last season.

Doesn't mean I don't want Lennon to do well. The sycophancy towards NL on here is incredible sometimes.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I don’t think there’s any sycophancy towards Lennon?

He does have a lot of supporters among us though, surely that’s got to be a good thing!

Left by mutual consent!
    Didn't Stubbs beat that unbeaten Aberdeen on a fantastic midweek match at home? Sorry, he beat a better Aberdeen side.