hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Family section, Hampden

Think I'll contact Hibs direct but wonder what everyone's view is on this?
    Today we again decided to buy 4 full price tickets in the North stand (2 adults 2 kids) as we did find that being in the East/West reduced prices there were generally a lot of people not entirely supportive of the team, fairly p#sed and a few obnoxious! Been in the North for last 4 semis/finals and no problems with great atmosphere but today there was one lad who, by what he said, sounded like he was a supporter of another club and there with his Hibs mates, poor language I've got no problem with but we seemed to get engulfed in his flavoured vape 'smoke' all the time and it was crap tbh, I asked him to stop blowing it into us,and he agreed he would but not long after my wife is,arguing with him which I only found out after the game was him nipping away the whole time that we should be in the 'family section' and even that our 7 yr old was blocking his view, even standing on his seat he is below my height.
    Question is, there is no family section so where should we go or should there actually be an area that you can only buy a ticket if accompanied by a child?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Kaff View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Today we again decided to buy 4 full price tickets in the North stand (2 adults 2 kids) as we did find that being in the East/West reduced prices there were generally a lot of people not entirely supportive of the team, fairly p#sed and a few obnoxious! Been in the North for last 4 semis/finals and no problems with great atmosphere but today there was one lad who, by what he said, sounded like he was a supporter of another club and there with his Hibs mates, poor language I've got no problem with but we seemed to get engulfed in his flavoured vape 'smoke' all the time and it was crap tbh, I asked him to stop blowing it into us,and he agreed he would but not long after my wife is,arguing with him which I only found out after the game was him nipping away the whole time that we should be in the 'family section' and even that our 7 yr old was blocking his view, even standing on his seat he is below my height.
    Question is, there is no family section so where should we go or should there actually be an area that you can only buy a ticket if accompanied by a child?
    We were in section B family section today as had kids with us. Was great atmosphere and no problems at all.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I was in the same position as you with my six year old daughter. If I’m being honest I just tend to go with the flow at the football and try and not get worked up by what is happening around me. Everyone who goes to the football has their own idea of what a day at hampden should be like. I agree that there should always be a dedicated family area, but that doesn’t even happen at our own stadium. Kids are amazingly resilient, and the things we work so hard to protect them from probably happen every day when they’re at school. Not my daughters school obviously

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovehibs View Post
    We were in section B family section today as had kids with us. Was great atmosphere and no problems at all.
    I appreciate that they sell child ticket prices in there but Imo its not sold as 'family section' since anyone can go there. Think it was the 4-3 Falkirk game where we paid total of £40 (2 x £15 and 2 x £5?) but the place was full of adults for the cheap seats, no problem but don't call it 'family' is my point. Only point im making is that wife and daughter (who heard the argument) had their day spoilt (?) by being accused of not being in the family section, perhaps there should be one?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    That was definitely an ass hole element in the North Stand today.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I was in the same position as you with my six year old daughter. If I’m being honest I just tend to go with the flow at the football and try and not get worked up by what is happening around me. Everyone who goes to the football has their own idea of what a day at hampden should be like. I agree that there should always be a dedicated family area, but that doesn’t even happen at our own stadium. Kids are amazingly resilient, and the things we work so hard to protect them from probably happen every day when they’re at school. Not my daughters school obviously
    You are absolutely correct, if I'd been on my own at the game I would have asked the fella to blow his smoke somewhere else as it was pretty crap for me anyway . No problem no drama two adults agreeing about something but he was just a dick later and it was over by my wife and daughter rather than me he was saying it. But I'm more curious as to whether there should be a dedicated family area? I know we used to have one when crowds were poor at the Scotland games but its been a while since then if I remember correctly?

I understand what you are saying Kaff. I just assumed the section where you can buy children's tickets cheaper was the 'family section' as such which is where we were today.
    Having now sat in the north, south, east and west at hampden with my kids over the years I can honestly say it is down to the luck of the draw who you end up sitting next to/near in terms of the experience you have. We had a good one today.
    Really hope your experience hasnt put your wife and daughter off going again and maybe there is scope for a purely family section at future games.

There's no official Family Section.

I was in the West and didn't see any problems with misbehaving drunks. Although one guy behind us got thrown out for having a bottle of vodka, but he wasn't being abusive or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovehibs View Post
    I understand what you are saying Kaff. I just assumed the section where you can buy children's tickets cheaper was the 'family section' as such which is where we were today.
    Having now sat in the north, south, east and west at hampden with my kids over the years I can honestly say it is down to the luck of the draw who you end up sitting next to/near in terms of the experience you have. We had a good one today.
    Really hope your experience hasnt put your wife and daughter off going again and maybe there is scope for a purely family section at future games.
    Thanks mate, honestly we're all 'resilient' as Lord Bunberry says too and it won't put us off. Just curious as to anyone else's opinion on an actual family section since we were obviously meant to be there!
    I do agree that it is pot luck and we've also had good experience in East stand

Hampden does seem to bring out more idiots than normal over the years. Have to say though I was in the South to the left of the tunnel was a good atmosphere all around us.

Appreciate why you would get annoyed, nothing worse than those vape things I always think Dynamo is about to appear out the smoke or someone saying “Tonight Matthew I’m going to be...”

We were in the west stand ... absolutely no problrm

Thanks mate, honestly we're all 'resilient' as Lord Bunberry says too and it won't put us off. Just curious as to anyone else's opinion on an actual family section since we were obviously meant to be there!
    I do agree that it is pot luck and we've also had good experience in East stand
    Good to hear. I think a family section is a good idea.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Hampden does seem to bring out more idiots than normal over the years. Have to say though I was in the South to the left of the tunnel was a good atmosphere all around us.

Appreciate why you would get annoyed, nothing worse than those vape things I always think Dynamo is about to appear out the smoke or someone saying “Tonight Matthew I’m going to be...”
    Shirley. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    We were in the west stand ... absolutely no problrm
    Absolutely appreciate that will be the case with most, just wondering if there is demand/requirement for even one section that is dedicated family? Other than that there will obviously be children scattered throughout the ground which will impact on others really?

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Shirley. 😂
    😂😂

My gripe in the West stand was selfish people again being allowed to crowd the toilets at half time openly smoking.

Few of the usual Hampden idiots out today, some embarrassing behaviour near me.

Thought it was a great support today, not many idiots about. Did see a fight outside the West at FT involving a Celtic fan. didn't seem to be strict segregation in place which was surprising.

Was in the North - no issues where I was

Quote Originally Posted by hibsdaft View Post
    Thought it was a great support today, not many idiots about. Did see a fight outside the West at FT involving a Celtic fan. didn't seem to be strict segregation in place which was surprising.
    No segregation outside, or on trains to/from Central, and didn't see a hint of a problem.

I've got no idea what the OPs point is. Is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Should there be a specific family section? Said it more than once in the thread

We were told we should be there but there isn't one.

Now that I've read the last paragraph I realise the OP should read "should there be a family section"?

Should there be a specific family section? Said it more than once in the thread

We were told we should be there but there isn't one.
    you beat me to it, a one sentence question would've done the trick.

you beat me to it, a one sentence question would've done the trick.
    And then someone would have asked why I was asking the question. Needless semantics imo?

Just because its cheaper doesn't make it a family section. It's the luck of the draw I'm afraid and doesn't matter where you sit or how much you pay, always run the chance of sitting next to some arse.
    As for a family section at football, 9 out of 10 times I agree, should be one. Run of the mill games at ER no problems but at cup finals and semi finals where tickets are hard to come by, no I don't agree ( of course we didn't sell out today so who knows).

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I was in section B today and it was good, people singing and generally considerate of those around them. Plenty folk standing when the game was exciting but happy to sit again when it quietened down, so the kids round about us got to see the game no problem.

Saw the wee scuffle outside, Celtc fan walking to the Hibs fans chanting 'Celtic' was never going to get far before someone took exception to him, but it was handbags and over very quickly.

Good crowd on our bus as well, meant that despite the score it was a fairly enjoyable trip through.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    My gripe in the West stand was selfish people again being allowed to crowd the toilets at half time openly smoking.
    Aye it was brutal. No reason they can't do what we do outside the north and east stands. Only takes 5 or 6 bits of cheap fencing.

DH & Matty
    I'm sure family section for Scotland games stopped as demand was too big for games and it was a disproportionate size of area so can understand why its not priority, especially since if we had it in our smaller ticket use then Celtic (and Rangers) would need to be provided with similar.
    Don't expect anyone to tame down language or sit down, was just annoying that after asking someone to stop blowing his vape all over us he chose to make his objections to wife and daughter, I know its a general thing but was a genuine question, would a dedicated family section solve most of this? HH can add to his 14,000 posts by being all superior if he likes but a genuine reply to the point would also be helpful

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    DH & Matty
    I'm sure family section for Scotland games stopped as demand was too big for games and it was a disproportionate size of area so can understand why its not priority, especially since if we had it in our smaller ticket use then Celtic (and Rangers) would need to be provided with similar.
    Don't expect anyone to tame down language or sit down, was just annoying that after asking someone to stop blowing his vape all over us he chose to make his objections to wife and daughter, I know its a general thing but was a genuine question, would a dedicated family section solve most of this? HH can add to his 14,000 posts by being all superior if he likes but a genuine reply to the point would also be helpful
    Speak to a steward if there’s an issue? If all you’ve got to worry about is some harmless vapour then we’re not doing too bad, IMO.