hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

How do you feel?

In years gone by I would have felt “Oh well it was Celtic “. Today I am really disappointed. I expect rather than hope to get to finals. Would have loved a day out at Hampden to see us lift another cup. Really felt we had a chance but made it too easy for them by giving soft goals away. Am I expecting too much?

2. Log in to remove the advert

A bit let down. Made things too easy for them. Didn't show enough belief first half and that cost us. Lack of belief was from managers to players to the support.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    More disappointed in the team selection and approach to the game rather than the actual result.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In years gone by I would have felt “Oh well it was Celtic “. Today I am really disappointed. I expect rather than hope to get to finals. Would have loved a day out at Hampden to see us lift another cup. Really felt we had a chance but made it too easy for them by giving soft goals away. Am I expecting too much?
    I feel we are a good team. We have character and bottle. Lose the cheap goals and we could go far. We didn't deserve to lose that.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    A bit pissed off. We - again - weren't set up the way we should have been.

Individual mistakes cost us but out manager also has to take a good part of the blame too.

Big game on Tuesday.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Some good passages of play in that game and Oli's first senior goal a real highlight. But individual efforts cost us and the upshot is we are beaten again. Derby win is crucial now. Lennon has to work out what his best XI is as he seems to be setting us up all wrong all too often. Final comment - where the heck is Big Dave?

@hibs.net private member
    Sat off far too much in the first half and were too negative. Still went in 2-0 down which left us with too much to do although we gave it a bit more of ago in the second half

Disappointed but we move on.

Time to take it out on Hearts.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Feel a bit 'what if?' after that. Celtc were there for the taking but we made it easy for them. Lots to be encouraged about, if anything it sorry of confirms that we can at least be competitive with the very best in the league, but like Aberdeen match last week we're still a bit short.

Would have loved to have had a go at them right from the start rather than waiting until we were two goals down.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    Disappointed to be honest. Not great goals to lose. Really excited about Shaw though. Could be a real gem so that’s a positive from today

Disappointed in a 1st half that we just didn't compete in, gave Celtic too much respect, better shape in the second but too many basic errors again.

If I am being honest, more disappointed in the manner of the defeat than the defeat itself. Just hope we get our mojo back for the derby - a similar defeat like today would not be acceptable.

Thought we played well personally (minus a couple of costly errors) so I'm not too down. And certainly still confident for Tuesday night.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    To be honest, I think the fact we have a derby in a few days has lifted today’s disappointment practically all away sharply for me. Why? Because I’m utterly convinced it’s going to be another derby victory for us!

When they got their second, I thought it was going to be a cricket score, as we looked awful.

Second half was much better but overall disappointed.

Disappointed. We never turned up until the pressure was off.

Big performance, some character and the 'winning mentality' needed on Tuesday.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Disappointed it took us so long to get going, we just cannot give teams a head start like that.

Don’t think we played too badly overall and just glad it wasn’t a 5-0 kind of game which would have dented them before the derby

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    More disappointed in the team selection and approach to the game rather than the actual result.
    Sane. They are the best team in the country. Given a soft 2 goal lead and different team in 2nd half

Left by mutual consent!
    I am disappointed in Neil Lennon

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Probably a realistic result and performance.

They are a stronger team, throughout. We came into the game as underdogs, didn’t excel, but showed fight. I don’t think we have quite settled on the formations we want and need. Happy to be patient though, we have some great players and I think we will improve as the season goes on.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Testimonial Due Tha Cabbage Kid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LithgaeHibby View Post
    Some good passages of play in that game and Oli's first senior goal a real highlight. But individual efforts cost us and the upshot is we are beaten again. Derby win is crucial now. Lennon has to work out what his best XI is as he seems to be setting us up all wrong all too often. Final comment - where the heck is Big Dave?
    I think after oli's performance I would say "who the fxxk is Big David?"

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due
    Felt we never got out the traps at all in the first half, and but for a dubious penalty, I don't think we would have been in the second either!

After scoring the penalty you could see they were a tired team and we looked like running over the top of them.

But, Celtic have more aware players and used our pressing to their advantage catching us out on the break more than once before finally scoring the 3rd.

We get a great goal to get it back to 3-2, and again their team created a lot better chances than us and finally scored the killer 4th.

WE still looked a better team than most in the Premiership, but silly goals still costing us this season again???

I thought we were gash. Stokes upfront on his own is a disaster.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Thought we played ok and we made chances throughout the game. Dylan and SJM played well in the second half especially. Slivka looked a much better player when he moved into the middle. Sounds daft after losing 4 but I thought Hanlon was superb. Stokes worked away but 1 forward doesn't work for us. barker was ok. Boyle played well when he came on. Shaw looks a player and goals scorer. Sloppy goals in 1st half gave us a mountain to climb. Disappointed but not too despondent.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    It was a poor first half, I think we are leaving stokes too isolated up front. It showed in the second half if we have a bit more intent we can do a bit of damage. I think 4-2 flattered celtic a bit but were worthy of the win. We need to love on and look at Tuesday now.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    A bit let down. Made things too easy for them. Didn't show enough belief first half and that cost us. Lack of belief was from managers to players to the support.
    👍

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    I thought we were gash. Stokes upfront on his own is a disaster.
    A bit harsh but I get where you are coming from.

Dreadful first half, no drive, verve gusto. Let a tired team play with ball with little pressing...
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Dreadful first half, no drive, verve gusto. Let a tired team play with ball with little pressing...
    Showed Celtc far too much respect in the first half.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net