This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Marciano

Gray Ambrose Hanlon
    Bartley
    Whittaker Mcgeouch Mcginn Barker
    Stokes Murray
    Will be an interesting game Tuesday
    We are really struggling for midfielders with Cowie, adjoin both missing
    No left back so will likely play an out of form smith at left back and Randall at right back
    Centre half is strongest with Berra outstanding and Souter having bulked up and cut out sloppiness now a key player
    Ideally we'd play a back 3 but Hughes injured too
    Midfield 16 year old Harry Cochrane will probably start, fantastic ability but naturally very lightweight
    Probably play 17 year old Henderson at right mid unless he goes with the experienced but pedestrian Buaben
    Walker isma and Lafferty up front
    Not a lot of goals in team but won't concede many either
    our football is effective but not pretty as opposed to Cathro regime was pretty but hopeless
    We are light physically in midfield but strong back and front

2. Log in to remove the advert

while I think the cheats team is generally crap the full backs are a different level of crap and must be exploited so pace down the flanks is a must

First Team Regular
    If we want to play 2 up top Bartley has to drop out to allow McGeouch to play central. We could not play McGeouch central with 2 up top and Bartley in the team.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Does anyone know how much it costs to upgrade a child's ticket to an adult for the derby?
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeDaz6270 View Post
    If we want to play 2 up top Bartley has to drop out to allow McGeouch to play central. We could not play McGeouch central with 2 up top and Bartley in the team.
    I'd be very very surprised if Big Marv is dropped. If anyone drops out I think it'll be Slivka or maybe Barker. I do however think Barker had a good game on Sat and if the yams play their young full backs I'd have Barker on one flank and Boyle on the other.

Big decisions to be made for NL.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Wish I shared your confidence. We have won 1 league game in the last 7 and that was against a struggling Ross County Team. We don't score many and teams look like they will score against us every time they get the ball in the box from a set piece. Hearts will play the same way as Aberdeen did against us and the only saving grace is they don't score many either. I think it is a flip of the coin game but one thing for sure is that it could be a pivotal moment in Hibs season. The pressure will be on if Hearts are 5 points ahead come Wednesday and it will be just as easy for the team to start looking below us as above.
    the same people have been saying this for the past 7 games we have played them " its a flip of the coin" no it isn't there is a reason we will be odds on.
    Last edited by pacoluna; 23-10-2017 at 08:55 AM.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    Does anyone know how much it costs to upgrade a child's ticket to an adult for the derby?
    Depends on the Stand it’s in

Marciano

Whittaker Ambrose Hanlon Stevenson

McGinn Bartley Dylan

Boyle Stokes Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Marciano

Whittaker Ambrose Hanlon Stevenson

McGinn Bartley Dylan

Boyle Stokes Swanson
    I think I probably agree with you though worry about Swanson a little bit.

Big Davey up front with Stokes could be interesting as he would give Berra a good physical contest? Or Murray with Stokes and Boyle and Swanson wide, but who do you drop out of that midfield three?!?

It depends if Lennon want to stamp his authority on Hearts or not, it would show great intent going with an attacking set up, defend from the front team.

Marciano

Whittaker
    McGregor/Ambrose
    Hamlin
    Stevenson

McGeouch
    McGinn

Boyle
    Sokes
    Swanson

Murray.

Standard 4-2-3-1 set up, Stokes plays better sitting behind the striker and Swanson is due a run in the team, Dylan sitting deep orchestrating play and tempo.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Marciano
    Whittiker Ambrose Hanlon(C) Stevenson
    Bartley Mcgeough
    Boyle Mcginn Barker
    Stokes

This would be my starting team, have pace in the wide areas and try and get at their full backs. Stokes starts up front with SJM in the hole. Whittiker made a huge difference when he came on in the SF and I think Bartley is the man for derbys. Pull him and Mcgeough in the middle, one can go the other can hold and allow the midfield to play high up the pitch while keeping bodies in the middle of the park for recycling the ball. Really important we cut out the silly goals but i can honestly say the only player who i think has the potential to cause problems is jamie walker but i'm confident that they will be worried about most of our creative players - especially that front 4.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    My student concession is about £12 to uprgrade - not sure if thats the same as a kids ticket.

It's a game where it shows we really miss someone like big Holt up front. For his lack of goals, he was excellent at getting, and keeping us up the pitch. It meant JC (Stokes this season) could buzz about without having to stay central and on the CB.

A combination of pace and power will win us the derby. 2 games in NL's tenure stick in the mind. Dundee Utd at home and Hearts (replay in the cup) and we utterly dominated both with pace and power. Marv in the centre. We need a striker to stay between the 2 centre halfs though and I don't know who could perform that role??

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Nothing less than a win will be acceptable tomorrow night. Had a couple of difficult opponents in Celtic and Aberdeen, but Hearts are a few steps down from that. There should be an expectation of winning against them, especially at Easter Road. Personally, I'm expecting it to be a breeze.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Nothing less than a win will be acceptable tomorrow night. Had a couple of difficult opponents in Celtic and Aberdeen, but Hearts are a few steps down from that. There should be an expectation of winning against them, especially at Easter Road. Personally, I'm expecting it to be a breeze.
    The way we are shipping goals at the moment I dont think any games can be seen as a breeze. Think it will be very like the Aberdeen game with clear bookings being ignored. We will need to be hugely at it and think we will win however wont be a breeze at all IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by bruno View Post
    Will be an interesting game Tuesday
    We are really struggling for midfielders with Cowie, adjoin both missing
    No left back so will likely play an out of form smith at left back and Randall at right back
    Centre half is strongest with Berra outstanding and Souter having bulked up and cut out sloppiness now a key player
    Ideally we'd play a back 3 but Hughes injured too
    Midfield 16 year old Harry Cochrane will probably start, fantastic ability but naturally very lightweight
    Probably play 17 year old Henderson at right mid unless he goes with the experienced but pedestrian Buaben
    Walker isma and Lafferty up front
    Not a lot of goals in team but won't concede many either
    our football is effective but not pretty as opposed to Cathro regime was pretty but hopeless
    We are light physically in midfield but strong back and front
    As long as he's got a v flexible neck, he'll fit right in.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    The way we are shipping goals at the moment I dont think any games can be seen as a breeze. Think it will be very like the Aberdeen game with clear bookings being ignored. We will need to be hugely at it and think we will win however wont be a breeze at all IMO.
    we struggle against stuffy opponents, and there will be none stuffier than a Levein team.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    I defo don't think this will be a breeze. We've only won once at home this season in the league and that was against Partick Thistle.

Levein will have them well up for this. It's going to be frantic.

We should win the midfield battle but we have to make this count. Need to stop losing silly goals as well.

We need to win this to get back on track.

Potter will do his usual and try and kill the game. He will be happy with a draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Marciano
    Bartley Mcgeough
    Boyle Mcginn Barker
    Stokes

This is what I was going to write

Like the Dundee Utd game last January under the lights, and then the derby cup replay that followed, we won the game with our wingers pinning the opponent back, terrifying them, getting them facing their own goal a lot, with a solid midfield and back 4 supplying the passes to the pacy wingers.

Hearts lack pace badly at the back. Berra a stick on red card for being caught wrong-side as last man if we play it right.

Get at them from the off and score within the first 10...

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    I'd be very very surprised if Big Marv is dropped. If anyone drops out I think it'll be Slivka or maybe Barker. I do however think Barker had a good game on Sat and if the yams play their young full backs I'd have Barker on one flank and Boyle on the other.

Big decisions to be made for NL.
    It is a bit of a hobby horse of mine but it would have to be Slivka he has done very little since he arrived - Yeah I know out of position still learning etc etc but the fact remains take out the Ibrox game and I have seen little to think he deserves a place.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    It is a bit of a hobby horse of mine but it would have to be Slivka he has done very little since he arrived - Yeah I know out of position still learning etc etc but the fact remains take out the Ibrox game and I have seen little to think he deserves a place.
    I would agree and play either Boyle or Murray.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Marciano
    Bartley Mcgeough
    Boyle Mcginn Barker
    Stokes

This would be my starting team, have pace in the wide areas and try and get at their full backs. Stokes starts up front with SJM in the hole. Whittiker made a huge difference when he came on in the SF and I think Bartley is the man for derbys. Pull him and Mcgeough in the middle, one can go the other can hold and allow the midfield to play high up the pitch while keeping bodies in the middle of the park for recycling the ball. Really important we cut out the silly goals but i can honestly say the only player who i think has the potential to cause problems is jamie walker but i'm confident that they will be worried about most of our creative players - especially that front 4.
    I like this team for Tuesday too. I'd love to be sticking Swanson in there somewhere but I think he's got work to do before he can justify a start in a game like this.

Barker

I think Barker is a confidence player. Ultimately over time he will probably be quite frustrating, do something great then fluff the easy bit. The main issue with playing both him and Boyle is the lack of defensive cover this provides against the counter attack. One thing that is certain Stokes requires someone up front with him. I would go for Murray as he harasses more and will hopefully unsettle Berra and Soutar. Soutar has shown before he doesn't like someone pressing him. Shaw is still a bit raw and even on Saturday he didn't look like he had the legs for the pace of the game just now. Bring him on as impact sub along with Barker. Just my thoughts as I submit my first post!!!

Laidlaw
    Whitty Hanlon Ambrose
    Boyle McGeouch Bartley McGinn Stevenson
    Stokes Murray

Win the midfield battle and we win the game. Stevenson to keep Walker quiet. McGinn/McGeouch to run the midfield and dictate. Murray to chase every ball and pressurise.

Easy.

How many games are we unbeaten against them?

7 but according to some its still a toss of a coin if we win or not.

Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    7 but according to some its still a toss of a coin if we win or not.
    Cheers. Tight game. 1-0 hibs

Quote Originally Posted by leith lynx View Post
    Don't forget Danny Swanson, could be a match winner against that mob.
    Absolutely agree ...can NL fit him in ?

Does this really mean anything ...given way we are playing shipping stupid goals and pretty poor in the last third ..it.could go anyway ..I hate to say ..