hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Aye because most of them had left, just another win, just another final. Totally meaningless. God it must be so boring being a celtic fan. Don't get me wrong I'd love if hibs won every game and guarenteed at very least 1 trophy a season but it must become so routine and boring. When they beat us the 2013 SC final I remeber leaving the stadium and there were celtic fans walking up the road as well, it was just nothing to them, just another cup. Compare that to the emotion and the scenes of the 21st of May 2016.

2. Log in to remove the advert

To be honest I was quite surprised at how poor the Celtic fans were yesterday, they only came to life a couple of times and their desertion of the stadium at the end was pretty poor stuff I thought. It really does seem that constantly winning has sucked all the joy out of them, certainly so far as domestic football goes. As somebody else alluded to, by the demeanour of some of them outside the ground you could be forgiven for thinking they had lost the game yesterday.

I cant help thinking the influence the Green Brigade has at Celtic is actually starting to have a detrimental effect on the style of support the club enjoys, all this political carry on if you ask me is detracting from the normal stuff like singing about the club and the team .... pretty well going back to the 2013 cup final its reasonable to say they certainly aren't what they used to be. I cant say I'm unhappy about it

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think they call themselves 'a club like no other'

Play in green? Not even the first
    Founded by poor immigrants? Ditto
    Give money to charity? So do most clubs.
    Fans who sing sectarian ditties? So do The Rangers
    Persecution complex? Ditto
    Greatest Fans in the world? sorry I just spat out my coffee...
    Agreed. they have this perception of themselves that they are this wonderful, upstanding club and something special. Embarrssing. They cannot for the life of them figure out why people don't like them, they expect to be adored and admired.

Best fans in the world? HA give me a break. As mentioned already on this thread, everything is copied and stolen from elsewhere and just like there neighbours they are bogged down by religion and politics. I absolutely hate their patronising pish towards us as well. We are not and never will be their wee pals. We share a similar history yes but in the main our support have moved well past the bigotry in it all.

So enjoy your final celtic, as meaningless and bog standard as it is to you. I wouldn't swap places with you for anything, the feeling I had on 21/05/2016 will never again be replicated and is something you lot can only imagine.

Blog Entries
    YNWA is an anagram of

Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    Was a Hibs song in early to late seventies.
    I never liked singing it back then tbh. Boring old misty eyed song. Celtc, Liverpool and bevied up crooning old uncles at weddings welcome to it!

Doesn’t come close to Sunshine on Leith!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    I never liked singing it back then tbh. Boring old misty eyed song. Celtc, Liverpool and bevied up crooning old uncles at weddings welcome to it!

Doesn’t come close to Sunshine on Leith!
    To a Hibs supporter of course it wont.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    To a Hibs supporter of course it wont.
    Not just ... see the response it gets to non partisan crowds at T in the Park and other music festivals. Superb. YNWA on the other hand would send the crowd to sleep! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    Not just ... see the response it gets to non partisan crowds at T in the Park and other music festivals. Superb. YNWA on the other hand would send the crowd to sleep! :-)
    I witnessed a large crowd sing it at a Hillsborough vigil here in Sweden. Was one of the most moving things I've ever seen. Can't hear it now without thinking of that. Guess it means something different to many different people.
    Last edited by Swedish hibee; 23-10-2017 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    YNWA belongs to Liverpool FC, nobody else.
    Rodgers and Hammerstein beg to differ.

Musical theatre at it's worst. It's up there with Johnny Todd as a dull uninspirational football anthem.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    Was a Hibs song in early to late seventies.

yup, then we broke in to the 100mph version think the 3rd verse was you'll never walk again anyways, tiz a cringey song and stuff walking through the wind and rain

I remember singing YNWA at the league cup final when rangers beat us at parkhead. Don't know if its an age thing or just where I was standing but I remember it as feeling and being a bit special.

Would also say that the last 20 minutes of the last cup final we played against celtic were great, up there with some of my best memories following Hibs. The look on the celtic fans faces as they stood there watching us bounce about will stay with me forever

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    yup, then we broke in to the 100mph version think the 3rd verse was you'll never walk again anyways, tiz a cringey song and stuff walking through the wind and rain
    Walk on with a boot in your groin.....

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post
    I witnessed a large crowd sing it at a Hillsborough vigil here in Sweden. Was one of the most moving things I've ever seen. Can't hear it now without thinking of that. Guess it means something different to many different people.
    Nail on head.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    We did a bit in double time with some hand claps thrown in too.

It’s a cracking tune and both Celtic Park and Anfield look impressive when in full swing.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergos View Post
    We easily outstanding them at the end of the 2013 cup final despite us beating beaten and them winning the thing. All you could here was Hibees Hibees Hibees ringing round Hampden

Very proud to be a Hibernian supporter that day - and every day. Bring on the Jambos.

GGTTH
    Yet the media took great pride in ripping us for that saying we were celebrating defeat, other more reasonable observers would say we were showing our pride in our team. Very strange indeed.

Talking of songs sung at our games - I used to know the guy who wrote ‘In my Liverpool Home’. Sadly Pete McGovern passed away in 2006 but he was a really nice bloke and a good comrade. He was very diplomatic when I tried to teach him our ‘improved’ lyrics to his song. For a start he didn’t know what ‘Gorgie was - and that’s how it should be!!
    Last edited by Johnny Clash; 24-10-2017 at 08:48 AM.