hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Laidlaw

At the ground I felt the 2 goal was his only mistake all afternoon.

Seeing it on TV I think he was too slow to change his feet and should have saved the 1st too. The 4th goal was a half hearted kick which they scored from. Not a great afternoon.
    Cougars!!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Criswell;5198181]
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Until today Laidlaw has done very well for us.

I asked a guy whose son plays for Raith and has done for years why he never got a look in there.

His response, started off brilliantly, lost a couple of bad goals and never seemed to get his confidence back.

That's a bit worrying. It sounds like he is lacking the mental strength needed to succeed at this level.
    Maybe he got the **** kicked out of him on Raith Rovers message boards too.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Back up at Raith and back up here too, never been convinced by him, the speed he signed his new deal shows he's delighted to be here but we needed competition for the goalkeeper jersey not a backup one.
    Poor observation. He was very good Brondby away, you might've been there. It was his competitive debut for Hibs. He's not done much wrong since. Had a poor game yesterday but in 47 years man and boy watching Hibs, so have all of our goalies. And most of the other XI too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I wonder how they would be seen in the messageboard era?

I don't really remember Rough but Goram would surely be 'too small' and 'not commanding enough at crosses' whilst Leighton would have 'pish distribution' and be 'nervous under the high ball'.

Agree with this 100%. It would be such a difference if we went into every match with total confidence in our keeper.

Fwiw I agree with you. We have 2 ok goalkeepers, which is still an improvement on some recently. I've never seen what others see in Marciano that makes them think we have signed someone we are going to sell for a hige profit and I've always rated Laidlaw as an unspectacular steady Eddie.
    I agree with you 100%. It would be such a difference if we played every game with total confidence in our keeper.

Blog Entries
    Every keeper makes mistakes, Peter Cech just made an absolute howler. Every keeper also makes some outstanding saves, Pickford of Everton just conceded 5 but saved about 20! It's a question of consistency & minimising the errors & unfortunately I have little faith that either of our keepers fit that bill. I have no doubt Rocky will play on Tuesday & I hope he takes a cross early on. I also hope he takes his chance to prove me & others wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    At the ground I felt the 2 goal was his only mistake all afternoon.

Seeing it on TV I think he was too slow to change his feet and should have saved the 1st too. The 4th goal was a half hearted kick which they scored from. Not a great afternoon.
    It wasn’t but he was not the only reason we lost.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Poor observation. He was very good Brondby away, you might've been there. It was his competitive debut for Hibs. He's not done much wrong since. Had a poor game yesterday but in 47 years man and boy watching Hibs, so have all of our goalies. And most of the other XI too.

Opinions eh! if we all agreed about every player then this would be a bloody boring forum . My opinion is he's only good enough to be a back up player, I'd like to see us having competition for the starting jersey and I don't think Laidlaw is good enough to be considered a starter.