Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Goalie having a bad game - Hibs.net lynch mob shockeroony

100% agree with you 🙄

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Goalie having a bad game - Hibs.net lynch mob shockeroony
    That’s the crux of it. Some ludicrous comments on here. I can’t recall Laidlaw making too many mistakes in the plethora of games he played since the start of last season. One poster implies he’d cost us a few times ppreviously. He’ s been a great number 2 and never really let us down at all when he’s been asked to step up. I’m happy we have Ross Laidlaw as back up and have no qualms whatsover. Some outrageous comments on here today.

1st, 2nd, and 4th keeper could have done a lot better. 2nd is a howler simple as that. But the defending for the first couple was something you would get at an under 10’s game.

Rocky will be in goal Tuesday btw, Laidlaw deserved his place until he blew it, he blew it today.

Remember the second goal Marciano let in against Aberdeen in the semi final last year? A joke of a goal. Until Hibs stop giving teams two goals of a start in semi-finals we can expect further disappointments. Sorry.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    1st, 2nd, and 4th keeper could have done a lot better. 2nd is a howler simple as that. But the defending for the first couple was something you would get at an under 10’s game.

Rocky will be in goal Tuesday btw, Laidlaw deserved his place until he blew it, he blew it today.
    News of the World - Keeper has one bad game lets shoot him.

****** the News of the World, lets stick with him until we know he's not going to make it would be my opinion.

Even the best goalies in the world have howlers sometimes.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post
    News of the World - Keeper has one bad game lets shoot him.

****** the News of the World, lets stick with him until we know he's not going to make it would be my opinion.

Even the best goalies in the world have howlers sometimes.

GGTTH
    I’m a huge fan of Laidlaw but he’s number 2 and after today should be dropped with Rocky being our No.1 with Hearts coming on Tuesday.

Left by mutual consent!
    I’m a huge fan of Laidlaw but he’s number 2 and after today should be dropped with Rocky being our No.1 with Hearts coming on Tuesday.

He's no Zibi. Apart from today he's been mostly solid. I'll leave it up to Lenny to decide who's between the sticks on Tuesday but Ross Laidlaw deserves the benefit of the doubt until whenever.

I'd be happy with either Ross or Rocky.

GGTTH

He's no Zibi. Apart from today he's been mostly solid. I'll leave it up to Lenny to decide who's between the sticks on Tuesday but Ross Laidlaw deserves the benefit of the doubt until whenever.

I'd be happy with either Ross or Rocky.

GGTTH
    I was on another thread about how he deserves the gloves last week and he deserved them today. Sadly for him when you have another keeper who’s number 1 then you make a couple of mistakes the number 1 will near always get back in. I’m also happy either way I think both are good keepers Laidlaw just didn’t have a good day today.

Lennon will pick Rocky on Tuesday I think though.

Left by mutual consent!
    I was on another thread about how he deserves the gloves last week and he deserved them today. Sadly for him when you have another keeper who’s number 1 then you make a couple of mistakes the number 1 will near always get back in. I’m also happy either way I think both are good keepers Laidlaw just didn’t have a good day today.

Lennon will pick Rocky on Tuesday I think though.
    Would make sense I think Cat. Let Ross work on his game and he'll be itching at the bit to wrestle the gloves back from Rocky.

GGTTH

Both our keepers are solid. No keeper goes through every game without slipping up at some point and costing his team a goal.
    Laidlaw simply had one of those days where at least one error/lapse was punished.
    Outwith this he was competent and prevented Celtic adding to the scoreline.
    Rocky had a major error strewn nightmare a short while back too. This happens.
    This said, confidence is a big thing for a keeper and for the players immediately in front of him.
    Neil Lennon will know his players and who they want behind them in goals for the derby.

Would make sense I think Cat. Let Ross work on his game and he'll be itching at the bit to wrestle the gloves back from Rocky.

GGTTH
    Exactly, he’s a good keeper and will want to work hard to keep improving. 👍🏼

First Team Regular
    [QUOTE=BSEJVT;5198020]Until today Laidlaw has done very well for us.

I asked a guy whose son plays for Raith and has done for years why he never got a look in there.

His response, started off brilliantly, lost a couple of bad goals and never seemed to get his confidence back.

That's a bit worrying. It sounds like he is lacking the mental strength needed to succeed at this level.

Left by mutual consent!
    Exactly, he’s a good keeper and will want to work hard to keep improving. 👍🏼

Couldn't agree more Cat.

GGTTH

First Team Breakthrough
    In laidlaws first few games for us I remember him making massive dives for shots that were going well wide which I put down to keenness and an urge to do well and to be fair since his early days hasn't repeated it , until Saturday when a shot that was going well wide in the early part of the game and he went rushing out past his left hand post and dived and parried it out for a corner , it was always going for a goal kick , good confident keepers Imo know exactly where there posts are and don't resort to saves for the fans just my opinion offcourse.

@hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ajf View Post
    In laidlaws first few games for us I remember him making massive dives for shots that were going well wide which I put down to keenness and an urge to do well and to be fair since his early days hasn't repeated it , until Saturday when a shot that was going well wide in the early part of the game and he went rushing out past his left hand post and dived and parried it out for a corner , it was always going for a goal kick , good confident keepers Imo know exactly where there posts are and don't resort to saves for the fans just my opinion offcourse.
    The shot has deflected off a Hibs player and he was attempting to prevent the corner.

Left by mutual consent!
    [QUOTE=Criswell;5198181]
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Until today Laidlaw has done very well for us.

I asked a guy whose son plays for Raith and has done for years why he never got a look in there.

His response, started off brilliantly, lost a couple of bad goals and never seemed to get his confidence back.

That's a bit worrying. It sounds like he is lacking the mental strength needed to succeed at this level.
    Well we can see if he has the strength then. He has made a bad mistake lets see how he handles it, Im not for just chucking him due to this.

I actually only looking back at the highlights find the defending to be more of a concern than the goalie situation. Nothing to do with opposition it was woeful.
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 22-10-2017 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    In the sense that if he was trying to avoid chopping and changing Marciano should have come back in. He is number one and was always going to get back in once Laidlaw made a mistake.
    Fair enough. I think it's debatable whether it's less disruptive to the defence to let whoever has the gloves carry on until their performance necessitates a change or to always let the better keeper play when he can. If it hadn't been for Yom Kippur though, I don't doubt that Marciano would have continued to play.

[QUOTE=Captain Trips;5198327]
    Quote Originally Posted by Criswell View Post

Well we can see if he has the strength then. He has made a bad mistake lets see how he handles it, Im not for just chucking him due to this.

I actually only looking back at the highlights find the defending to be more of a concern than the goalie situation. Nothing to do with opposition it was woeful.
    Was at the game but didn't get good view of second goal. Watching the highlights last night he should've saved the second.

He also had a lot of other good saves in the second half.

Wasn't his fault we got beat yesterday - first half tactics to blame

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    The shot has deflected off a Hibs player and he was attempting to prevent the corner.
    That's quite enough, away with your facts.

Rocky back in for Tuesday.

Laidlaw is a good back up option and I like him and would have confidence in playing him when our #1 is injured/suspended. It was right to keep him in after some good performances but it's time for Rocky to have a few blinders (phone almost autocorrected that to blunders - hopefully not an omen).
    Mon the Hibs.

Sorry but I have never been overly impresed with either Laidlaw or Rocky, Laidlaw must accept some of the blame for the first two yesterday, part and parcel of football. Lennon has some hard decisions to make and I am sure a keeper will be top of his listcome January you need someone agile and prepared to throw everything into their game again our keepers at present don't have this in their make up.
    As I said earleir I have been hearing a keepers name being mentioned but will wait to see how true this is.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I felt for Laidlaw yesterday. Big game at Hampden, the very place you want to play well, and he had a bit of a mare. Looked nervous all afternoon, which wasn't helped by some of the defending. He must be feeling terrible right now.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by edwards View Post
    Sorry but I have never been overly impresed with either Laidlaw or Rocky, Laidlaw must accept some of the blame for the first two yesterday, part and parcel of football. Lennon has some hard decisions to make and I am sure a keeper will be top of his listcome January you need someone agile and prepared to throw everything into their game again our keepers at present don't have this in their make up.
    As I said earleir I have been hearing a keepers name being mentioned but will wait to see how true this is.
    Never been impressed? Not even after the Dunfermline game last season when he saved us from an absolute hiding?

I was amazed at the criticism he started to receive after a few games this season - getting the blame for not being commanding enough etc yet the defenders in front escape the blame.

We’re far too harsh on our goalies - Zibi and that have really knocked us for six.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Never been impressed? Not even after the Dunfermline game last season when he saved us from an absolute hiding?

I was amazed at the criticism he started to receive after a few games this season - getting the blame for not being commanding enough etc yet the defenders in front escape the blame.

We’re far too harsh on our goalies - Zibi and that have really knocked us for six.
    Spot on its almost like every goal we concede is the keepers fault and the defence is just blameless. Laidlaw wasn't great yesterday but imo only really at fault for 2nd goal...the first would have been a great save had he kept it out. The defending for all 4 Celtic goals yesterday was horrendous yet we have people praising both Ambrose and hanlon...they can't have played that well when we conceded 4 goals

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post

You could be right, DH. We always expect the worst from our keepers, due to past experience. Laidlaw was very poor yesterday, but the defending for a couple of the goals was also amateur. We didn't look comfortable at the back all afternoon. Just a bad day all round; truth is we were lucky to be thrown a lifeline with a terrible penalty decision. The game was over at 2-0.
    Last edited by Hibernia&Alba; 22-10-2017 at 09:45 AM.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by edwards View Post
    Hi, I have to say that I agree with your sentiments. I do think Laidlaw let down both the team and fans yesterday but that apart I have never been convinced by either him or Rocky. Neither of them come for cross balls and command their six yard box. In my opinion they are very average shot stoppers. Many of the SPL teams have much better goalkeepers. You only have to see how many of them have turned in man of the match performances against us this season.
    I hope you are correct that a keeper is top of the wish list for January.

Back up at Raith and back up here too, never been convinced by him, the speed he signed his new deal shows he's delighted to be here but we needed competition for the goalkeeper jersey not a backup one.

Left by mutual consent!
    Big Semi and Hampden and you bench your international goalkeeper who is used to big games and pressure for an extremely untested back up one. Poor decision and cost us big time.

Marciano is our number 1 goalie and is costing us a few quid. He should have been playing. Lennon has to take the blame for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is it that every other keeper plays out their skin against us. There hasn't been many games either Laidlaw or Marciano has won us the points (note the word many there has been 1 or 2)

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Hardly lynch mob. It’s not just a bad game. The 2nd goal is an embarrassing mistake.

Also those that say Marciano isn’t much better must be on something! He’s an international goalkeeper and makes good saves. I don’t have much confidence in laidlaw saving shots, today has reinforced my concerns.

He’s a decent enough number 2 but he is not a number 1 at this level.
    Take it you didn’t see the highlights of the draw at parkheid then, granted was poor today.