hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it even legal for a Scottish business to allow Germans to buy a ticket upon receipt of a passport without extending the same courtesy to a Scot?
    A commercial organisation can have its own rules as to who it wants to trade with.

For example, if you see an item in a shop, priced at £x, that is only an "invitation to treat"; it doesn't bind the shop to a contract. The shop are within their rights to refuse to deal with you, even if you can show you have the funds to pay for it. (subject, of course, to anti-discrimination restrictions)

Similarly, Hibs can do that, although I'd like to know their reasons not to in this situation.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by MountcastleHibs View Post
    Not just Scotland though. I had problems to get tickets to Manchester City-Liverpool as I wasn’t on their database but was down for a visit. I even emailed to ask if there was anything the club could do. The game wasn’t even sold out and there was clearly large sections of empty seats visible on TV.
    City are bad for this, they set a cut of point and if you've not bought tickets before this point then you can't get CAT A game tickets, even if you bought tickets regularly after this date. It annoyed the hell out of me when I first moved here as I was able to watch City most weeks until a big game and then I couldn't get tickets whilst there were empty seats on TV. Utd are the opposite, all the games are sold out as soon as the season starts and it's usually single seats only.

I prefer to watch Salford City anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    A commercial organisation can have its own rules as to who it wants to trade with.

For example, if you see an item in a shop, priced at £x, that is only an "invitation to treat"; it doesn't bind the shop to a contract. The shop are within their rights to refuse to deal with you, even if you can show you have the funds to pay for it. (subject, of course, to anti-discrimination restrictions)

Similarly, Hibs can do that, although I'd like to know their reasons not to in this situation.
    Thanks. That was my thinking though - treating customers differently based on nationality is possibly straying into discrimination territory. Not that I’m an expert.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Is it even legal for a Scottish business to allow Germans to buy a ticket upon receipt of a passport without extending the same courtesy to a Scot?
    This was my thought as I as typing it. How about, common sense?

Management refuses the right to sell tickets to anyone. Managements decision is final.

J

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    I prefer to watch Salford City anyway.
    Don’t bother with that commercial lot, jump on the train from Mcr Victoria for 20 minutes to Atherton to watch Atherton Collieries (two leagues below Salford), I’ll even buy you a pint.

Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    Don’t bother with that commercial lot, jump on the train from Mcr Victoria for 20 minutes to Atherton to watch Atherton Collieries (two leagues below Salford), I’ll even buy you a pint.
    PM me.