hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic

Shame on BT Sports

Just seen their advertisement for the semi final.

I can’t seem to upload the image so hopefully someone else can post it but it has in hibs vs Celtic and Rangers vs Motherwell on the screen. The words rangers and Celtic are in huge writing on the middle of the screen with hibs and Motherwell in tiny writing. Bloody embarrassing. You’d expect this from sky but absolutely furious to see this from BT sports.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    It's Scottish Football as the media sees it summed up in one

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's Scottish Football as the media sees it summed up in one

That's shocking.

What are the SPFL saying about it?

You would think that Sky or the BBC would make an issue of this.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Clever advert.

At first glance folk might think there’s an old firm game on and then stop and read the details.

People in England or Wales are more likely to want to watch the Old Firm than Hibs or Motherwell.

When I read the thread title I thought maybe BT had done something to offend Africa. Phew.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post

I can’t seem to upload the image so hopefully someone else can post it but it has in hibs vs Celtic and Rangers vs Motherwell on the screen. The words rangers and Celtic are in huge writing on the middle of the screen with hibs and Motherwell in tiny writing. Bloody embarrassing. You’d expect this from sky but absolutely furious to see this from BT sports.
    Yep I saw this to and thought what a bloody cheek!! Embarrassing from BT sport

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Even more incentive for the "peripheral" teams to make the final Hibs v Motherwell. Shut them up.

No wonder Scottish football's dying on its feet.

Left by mutual consent!
    Well they are the two biggest clubs. Like it or not the majority of their viewers will be old firm fans.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    No wonder Scottish football's dying on its feet.
    Eh? BT have been good for the game up here. Excellent coverage and paying us a decent wedge.

And how exactly is the game dying?

We’re getting record crowds, Aberdeen and Celtic are flying, Hearts new stand, Dundee getting a new stadium, experienced EPL managers at 4 of our clubs etc.

There’s plenty to be positive about, I think our game is the best it’s been in decades.

Left by mutual consent!
    And I love BT.

Bring back Setanta eh ?

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    FFS when I saw the thread title I thought they had commited a crime. Clever marketing ploy and over sensitive Hibs fans......

First Team Breakthrough
    Bad from bt that. Sums up how the media sees Scottish football in one photo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Not clever at all. Just a cheap gimmick by BT Sport and disrespectful to both Hibs and Motherwell.
    Last edited by The Harp; 18-10-2017 at 10:33 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Clever advert.

At first glance folk might think there’s an old firm game on and then stop and read the details.

People in England or Wales are more likely to want to watch the Old Firm than Hibs or Motherwell.

When I read the thread title I thought maybe BT had done something to offend Africa. Phew.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    FFS when I saw the thread title I thought they had commited a crime. Clever marketing ploy and over sensitive Hibs fans......

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Eh? BT have been good for the game up here. Excellent coverage and paying us a decent wedge.

And how exactly is the game dying?

We’re getting record crowds, Aberdeen and Celtic are flying, Hearts new stand, Dundee getting a new stadium, experienced EPL managers at 4 of our clubs etc.

There’s plenty to be positive about, I think our game is the best it’s been in decades.
    The national team has failed to qualify for a major tournament for 20 years, one of our biggest clubs was knocked out of Europe at the first hurdle by a part time side from Luxembourg and another one knocked out by a team from Lithuania and the rest of the teams are patronised and treated with contempt by the media on a regular basis.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    I'm no particularly bothered, but if it was the English FA Cup semis, and it was Man Utd v West Brom and Man City v Leicester, I doubt they would do the same.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    I'm no particularly bothered, but if it was the English FA Cup semis, and it was Man Utd v West Brom and Man City v Leicester, I doubt they would do the same.
    They might.

But this isn't the FA cup. It isn't even the Scottish FA Cup.

We're broadcasting no marks compared to Rantic.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Not exactly common practice though is it mate ..... how would Liverpool v MANCHESTER UNITED float yer boat? Clever marketing ploy or not I would imagine the Anfield faithful would see it as disrespectful. Difference is of course BT wouldn't bloody dare do the same thing in England.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Not exactly common practice though is it mate ..... how would Liverpool v MANCHESTER UNITED float yer boat? Clever marketing ploy or not I would imagine the Anfield faithful would see it as disrespectful. Difference is of course BT wouldn't bloody dare do the same thing in England.
    It wouldn't matter a jot to me either, I stopped getting upset about such trivial pish when I was about 12 ;-)

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Bunch of ****s. So glad I don’t have to pay to watch their channels and acquire them by other means therefore giving them not one penny.

It wouldn't matter a jot to me either, I stopped getting upset about such trivial pish when I was about 12 ;-)
    Its easy to dismiss stuff like this glibly .... But in business, including sport, perception is important. When was the last time you saw a poster for a concert where the headline act's name was in smaller or even the same sized letters than the support act? Why is the part at the bottom of adverts for mortgages telling you your house can be repossessed in tiny print compared to the main advert?

Because A) No act wants their worth diluted by a suggestion that they aren't the main attraction .... and B) no bank or building society wants to draw unwanted attention to the down side of a mortgage.

What BT are saying here is that Hibs and Motherwell are an afterthought ..... I don't like to see my club treated as an afterthought and I hardly think its childish to be annoyed by that. Its bad for the clubs image.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Know your place non old firm clubs.

If you can't see why that's shameful and an embarrassment to our league there's no hope for you to be honest. Just keep taking the scraps and being grateful for your existence.

Poor show imo.

When BT are investing money in our game they should be bigging up all the teams especially at the semi final stage of a national cup competition.

Sums up all that is wrong with Scottish football.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp View Post
    Not clever at all. Just a cheap gimmick by BT Sport and disrespectful to both Hibs and Motherwell.
    Job done then on so many fronts.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Left by mutual consent!
    As clever as it may think it is I think in the process it is disrespectful to Hibernian and Motherwell to have them as a side show almost.

It is to me suggesting Celtic are playing and so are Rangers who tjey are playing is kind of irrelevant just subscibe if you haven't already.

Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post

Can see a time where the MSM stop pretending the opposition has any relevance to their viewers/readers, and simply say "Watch Celtic in Semifinal" or "See Rangers push to the final". We need to get over it, being happening for decades. The only way to shut them up is to ram it down their throats - just as we did on 21 May 2016. Have we ever seen such grieving, ire and wailing by the MSM than after that glorious victory ? Delightful stuff.
    Last edited by Onion; 19-10-2017 at 07:29 AM.

Pretty poor but on the whole BT have been a refreshing change for Scottish football compared to the complete disinterest Sky have shown over the years. I would like to see us go it alone with them in a TV deal tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Its easy to dismiss stuff like this glibly .... But in business, including sport, perception is important. When was the last time you saw a poster for a concert where the headline act's name was in smaller or even the same sized letters than the support act? Why is the part at the bottom of adverts for mortgages telling you your house can be repossessed in tiny print compared to the main advert?

Because A) No act wants their worth diluted by a suggestion that they aren't the main attraction .... and B) no bank or building society wants to draw unwanted attention to the down side of a mortgage.

What BT are saying here is that Hibs and Motherwell are an afterthought ..... I don't like to see my club treated as an afterthought and I hardly think its childish to be annoyed by that. Its bad for the clubs image.
    Wow you really have looked deep into the depths of your sensitive side. Come on mate it doesn't really matter, the only thing that matters is that Hibs are playing Celtic in the semi final of the cup, getting hung up on this predictable marketing by BT is all a bit silly to me.

.......and yet, it's fairly drummed up some debate on here eh? Job done from an advertising point of view.

Folk caring deeply about what "other people's" perception of our club might be based on some unequal font sizes. Sorry, can't wrap my head round that.