hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

Would You Take Kenny Miller?

With the unrest over at Castle Greyskull over Kenny Miller's future, would you take him back for the rest of this season if he has a major fallout and is released in January?

Yes, he is 38, but he still looks sharp and could be a good influence to the younger boys at hibs.... might even score some goals!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    No.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With the unrest over at Castle Greyskull over Kenny Miller's future, would you take him back for the rest of this season if he has a major fallout and is released in January?

Yes, he is 38, but he still looks sharp and could be a good influence to the younger boys at hibs.... might even score some goals!!
    Yes.

I’d rather not tbh.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I’d take him. As long as he’s not costing us any money in transfer fees, and he’s not asking for a big wage, it’s a no brainier for me.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member WellingtonHibby's Avatar
    I'd take him
    Kicking it in Wellington .

Yes

Yes.

@hibs.net private member
    In a heartbeat.

He's done nothing this season.

He is too old.

I hope we kick on from where we are and aim higher.

If he was cheap.

Left by mutual consent!
    Hes done absolutely nothing all season....so nope.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Definitely 100%. The amount of times I’ve watched Rangers highlights on YouTube and up he pops heading it into the net, or coolly slotting past the keeper. The amount of rubbish that certain folk talk about him is laughable, his goals speak for itself. He’s proven he’s still more than capable of doing a job in the Premier League at 38. As has been mentioned would be a great influence and mentor for the younger players.

So in summary, yes, in a heartbeat. 1 year deal.

I would take him, he's a good pro, clever player and would be a good addition to the squad for the last half of the season, as long as he wasn't asking for too much.

@hibs.net private member
    For all they naysayers.... why not?

And i was suggesting a free transfer if he was released for those who are saying for a good price...

No thank you.

Yes, he's in decent shape, model pro etc, but realistically, how long can he now be expected to perform at top level? As for 'bringing on' Simon Murray, Oli Shaw etc, are you seriously going to leave Stokes on the bench for that?

We seem to be perennially wistful and starry-eyed on this site about bringing back former players, irrespective of where they are actually at this point in their careers. Commons barely had a Hibs strip on his back for five minutes, before the nostalgia factory went into overdrive.

But let's watch a rerun of Kenny Miller's goal in the 3-0 derby at Tynecastle and declare him a 'Hibs legend' and welcome him 'home' anytime. Or let's 'bring on' those young guys by giving them a jersey, and not have them watching from the bench as Kenny creaks around the park picking a twilight zone wage.

No. Are we going to have this question every year?

He'll be a 43 year old playing for Threave Rovers and there'll still be someone saying "could do a job....."

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Was just thinking this earlier when i'd read something on twitter from his agent. Wondering if Caixinha would try and get rid come January. Yes i'd take him if he was a free and wage wasn't over much. He's still got goals in him.

For the ones saying he's done nowt this season it's because Caixinha's binned hi.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    naaaaah

No thanks mate.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A couple of years back if we'd made the move it would have been a risk that likely would have worked out given his performances at Rangers.

I suspect 2 years on it is a risk less likely to be successful

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    As a coach? He's done as a player.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    A striker who actually plays as a striker? Yep

@hibs.net private member
    Only in a coaching roll to help kids and possibly Boyle too, when one on one.

As a player no thanks. Problem with taking older players like this is you get the experience but your stopping youth from gaining experience. Take Cummings ( someone on here said 16 games before he scored for us ) would he have got his chance if we had Kenny to step back in if he wasn't putting ball in the back of the net?

I may be wrong with my next statement but I think it could happen. If we don't try and bring through the younger generation that we have done before, why would a kid sign for Hibs if he knows he's got a better chance of making it at lets say St Johnstone, Dundee Utd etc for game time? Yes I do think we need experience players / coaches in position to develope the kids this is why I suggested a coaching roll.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Yes please

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    I would've taken him back in a heart beat at any point over the last few years but I recon he is now finally past it. According to some Sevco mates (ones that can actually find Ibrox without a sat nav) he's been gash this season.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Yes if it's not going to cost the club, guys like Miller & Commons in and around the squad can only be a good thing and if they can find fitness/form are also better options than what we have

@hibs.net private member Benny Brazil's Avatar
    Yes absolutely he would help bring Murray and possibly Shaw on even further whilst also still being able to contribute to the first team

Left by mutual consent!
    Of course. And he would have a point to prove. I'm gathering everyone saying no would turn their noses up at commons too? We have an average squad, he would improve it big time.