hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With the unrest over at Castle Greyskull over Kenny Miller's future, would you take him back for the rest of this season if he has a major fallout and is released in January?

Yes, he is 38, but he still looks sharp and could be a good influence to the younger boys at hibs.... might even score some goals!!
    A no brainer to end all no brainers. Off course we should (but I can't see it happening sadly).

2. Log in to remove the advert

Would give him the 6 months, just imagine the scenes when he does sign and scores against them

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    Miller is a great professional, and his recent absence from the Huns first team seems to be more to do with internal politics at Ibrox than anything else. I'm unconcerned about his age if he is fit. Many on here have made legitimate points for and against a possible return, but in case anyone can't stomach the idea of seeing him in a Hibs jersey again due to his long Hun association, it should be recalled he was the only defeated player big enough to break ranks and congratulate the Hibs players on 21/5/16....
    I agree -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41670840

'It is not often a football club makes a claim that they have a leak in the dressing room, so my very simple point was that the club should have quickly clarified that wasn't why this particular player was being left out'

The Hun have really got 'Machiavellianism' down to a fine point !

Yes and no.

Yes. He’d improve our squad and add some much needed goals and experience. He’s not going to start every game but is anyone telling me they wouldn’t have liked to have him come off the bench with half an hour to go when we were struggling at home to Aberdeen ?

No. **** sake he’s an old man and well past his best. What does it say to our promising youngsters who are hanging around the fringes of the first team waiting for their chance?

I think we’d be better looking long term and giving game time to the likes of shaw and porteous.

So it’s a no.

Steve Archibald is looking for a club also.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Steve Archibald is looking for a club also.
    Out at Malaga golf course?

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post
    Only in a coaching roll to help kids and possibly Boyle too, when one on one.

As a player no thanks. Problem with taking older players like this is you get the experience but your stopping youth from gaining experience. Take Cummings ( someone on here said 16 games before he scored for us ) would he have got his chance if we had Kenny to step back in if he wasn't putting ball in the back of the net?

I may be wrong with my next statement but I think it could happen. If we don't try and bring through the younger generation that we have done before, why would a kid sign for Hibs if he knows he's got a better chance of making it at lets say St Johnstone, Dundee Utd etc for game time? Yes I do think we need experience players / coaches in position to develope the kids this is why I suggested a coaching roll.

GGTTH
    Sums up my thoughts exactly. The potential benefit is limited and very short term.

If NL reckons we need another striker then I'd rather we signed one who would contribute/develop over a couple of years and would be an asset.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Sums up my thoughts exactly. The potential benefit is limited and very short term.

If NL reckons we need another striker then I'd rather we signed one who would contribute/develop over a couple of years and would be an asset.
    Like Simon Murray? Oli Shaw?

Left by mutual consent! IlDiavola's Avatar
    I wouldn't touch Miller.

I said NO for next season, but, I would take him until the end of this one, could you just imagine him knockin his pan in tae skelp the The hun, now that wid be worth seein.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post

If he doesnt think we need another striker i would be worried Big Dave clearly isnt working out and he isnt even scoring fior development squad
    Murray appears out of favour after he went those three gsmes without scoring ,Boyle has gone off the boil scoring wise ,and in recent weeks Stokes hasnt set the heathet on fire ,hence we arent winning many games
    When he first csme in he identified this as sn issue but at present am not sure he has improved us in the goslscoring department to date
    But if current scoring rate doesnt increase ihe is bound to be looking to bring someone in i would think That may mean moving Bug Dave on ifwe can

Nope. He is a slippery twat and he Is rotten

Id rather have roger

Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    Id rather have roger
    One for the older posters to appreciate
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by sixtwo View Post
    Nope. He is a slippery twat and he Is rotten
    Well thought out and constructive post.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    Id rather have roger
    Just for the corner flag celebration I'm with you.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    No. My personal slant is I'd much rather see us develop our youngsters with first team game time. As substitutes, or rotational places, whatever, anything NL sees fit.