hibs.net Messageboard

Left by mutual consent!

Andalusia Masters (Golf).

Got to fancy the very talented two home boys for this if playing near their best, Garcia and Rahm will take some stopping if so with both of them around 9-2 pre tournament favorites. However the top golfers don't always produce in tour competitions and I'll probably be taking value bets. Lots of likely lads such as Hatton, Dunne, Aphibarnrat, Pepperell, Coetzee, Fitzpatrick etc not taking part and I'm as yet undecided who to lump onto. Thinking of taking two or three outsiders like Joachim Lagergren and Julian Suri who've been playing competitively over the last few months.

Ollie Sneiderjans and Grayson Murray are definite outside value bets I'll be on for the CJ Cup in Korea which is being played in the early morning due to being 8 hours ahead of us. Murray had a stinker last week in Malaysia while Sneiderjans is playing well enough without competing at the top end but I'm sticking with the pair in the hope their games could click into winning ones.

Anyone else thinking of having a wee bet on the Andalucia, how do you see it going?

GGTTH
    Last edited by Tornadoes70; 16-10-2017 at 08:41 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    I’m not a gambler.and not seen the field but Mark Warren has been bubbling along nicely the last few weeks. Perhaps an e/w shot. Ross Fisher runner up two weeks running and an outstanding round on the Sunday at St Andrews.
    Last edited by greenlex; 16-10-2017 at 08:49 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’m not a gambler.and not seen the field but Mark Warren has been bubbling along nicely the last few weeks. Perhaps an e/w shot. Ross Fisher runner up two weeks running and an outstanding round on the Sunday at St Andrews.
    Great shouts as they're both playing really well just now, don't think they're playing this week though, otherwise would definitely have been considered depending on the prices offered. There's a whole host of in form players not competing this week like the two mentioned plus Hatton, Dunne, Fitzpatrick, Pepperell and Aphibarnrat etc.

GGTTH
    Last edited by Tornadoes70; 16-10-2017 at 09:03 PM.

A mixed bag for my choices today.

I went with Luiten (who is in the lead on -5), Matt Wallace (who I thought was excellent last week and thought represented good value, he's level) and Gregory Havret (who is a whopping +8 after 15 holes right now).

I often look at tip sites for inspiration, and fancied Wallace and Havret off the back of reading Tom Clarke's tips on the Golf Monthly website. I might need to review that situation!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

I went with Luiten (who is in the lead on -5), Matt Wallace (who I thought was excellent last week and thought represented good value, he's level) and Gregory Havret (who is a whopping +8 after 15 holes right now).

I often look at tip sites for inspiration, and fancied Wallace and Havret off the back of reading Tom Clarke's tips on the Golf Monthly website. I might need to review that situation!
    Good call on Luiten who's had a very good round today . He's always dangerous and I now wish I'd looked for him before the off, hey ho.

The scoring was quite high today with not as many going round under par as normally would so Wallace still in with a shout who's also one of mine, the other two being Suri currently plus 2 and Bertasio plus 3. Rahm had a very poor round for a player of his stature. Not the highest quality field and I'd be very happy with being on Luiten at this moment in time.

Justin Thomas was different class again with a nine under three shot lead after the first round in the PGA CJ Cup. Sneiderjans one of mine is 5 under four shots back so not too bad. I like Sneiderjans and feel he'll win one sometime certainly.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

Hard lines mate. I thought once Luiten drew level at 11 under he just might go on to win it. He done very little in rounds 2 and 3 that cost him dearly. I never had a chance with mine but hey ho, onto next week which is in China with a lot of the big boys taking part. The PGA is a low quality field next week and there might be some value around if getting lucky choosing the right players. Talking of which Justin Thomas won the CJ cup. He is on fire. Some player.

Roll on next week.