hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by hailhail22 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't know until late on Saturday that I couldn't go so would of been to late to contact the ticket office to resell the seats so that would of been 3 empty ones.

I got my daughter a season ticket who is just coming up 15 months, took her to the Partick game and Motherwell but trying to get her to sit for 90minutes is impossible so doubt I will be taking her much this season, More than happy to contact the ticket office so the seat can be re sold

Wow, that's very young.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough hailhail22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    So she's 14 months then.

That's just too young as far as I'm concerned. Can't imagine that they will have a Scooby...a bit like the ref on Saturday. Don't take it the wrong way but it wouldn't have been me. Need too much attention at that age.

............ yes 😂

It was either take her along or not go myself unfortunately, Now I need to find a babysitter every other Saturday for a few hours 😮

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaff View Post
    These tickets are the gateway for kids to become full time fans, we started with two kids and an adult now we are one kid and a youth so shortly we'll have two youths and probably move elsewhere in the ground thus freeing up a couple of kids seats. Where is the problem with that if the tickets are appropriately purchased? We started when ST sales were 7-8k and no one moaned then, even more recently there were overseas fans being congratulated for purchasing STs even though they can't attend, Imo the only games where it will be a problem are the 3 mentioned but do we just stop encouraging the new youngsters?
    The same rubbish was spouted about the loyalty scheme and the club succumbed to the vocal minority and scrapped it totally, hopefully they're not so daft this time
    Can't argue with what Kaff says. I think the bargain kids ST is one of the best thing the club does, as it enables families to get the next generation of fans involved. Get them early and you've got them for life; otherwise the OF and big foreign clubs will just hoover them up.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Wow, that's very young.
    It's never too young to start the fitba brainwashing. All my nieces and nephews received Hibs babygrows they day they were born
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by SRH View Post
    Maybe for cat A games it needs to be confirmed online that it will be used, or something along those lines.
    Eh, no they couldn't.

The club offers these tickets to allow families (like mine) to attend at a reasonable rate. Your idea is that I then have to re-buy my kids tickets for Cat A games after already paying for a season ticket? Clues in the name.... Season ticket?

Or we can just punt them to some yahoo who only wants to go to 'big games'?

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbySpurs View Post
    Eh, no they couldn't.

The club offers these tickets to allow families (like mine) to attend at a reasonable rate. Your idea is that I then have to re-buy my kids tickets for Cat A games after already paying for a season ticket? Clues in the name.... Season ticket?

Or we can just punt them to some yahoo who only wants to go to 'big games'?
    Re-buy? I didn’t say that. But making them for Cat B only would be fine actually, considering the price.

What is the problem with a few empty seats? As long as people have paid for the seats, it doesn't matter.

Hibs are nowhere near to capacity at the moment. Until they fill the ground regularly (including half of the South Stand), there isn't a problem apart from in the minds of a few obsessives. All a bit Yammish in my view.

When (and if) that day comes, Hibs should fill in a couple of corners with safe standing areas. When they fill that then maybe there will be a problem? Then they could consider a 'use it or lose it' system. Otherwise its a solution in search of a problem.

I didn't realise quite how bad the problem with empty seats was until I got a head-on view from the South yesterday. Surely there must be something that club can implement to ensure that people aren't taking advantage of these seats in order to get tickets for Cat A's/cup games.

As it's all electronic, it's probably pretty easy to assess which seats are and aren't being used. If the seats are left unused (ticket unscanned) for 3(?) games straight they should automatically open up for any proceeding games. If people are buying seats at a ridiculous discount without the intention of using them then it needs to be addressed. And if they can't address it, they may as well just bring back loyalty points.
    It Isn't a problem at all. Nobody has failed to get a ticket for ER that wanted one. We have sold 13000 season tickets, many of them to people who know they won't make every game. That applies to every section of the ground. The deal for kids n the FF includes an adult having to pay near enough full price for their ticket. That's a good thing, we get more families able to attend.
    When it comes to complaining about absolutely nothing this is up there with the most nonsensical I have ever seen on here.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    What is the problem with a few empty seats? As long as people have paid for the seats, it doesn't matter.

Hibs are nowhere near to capacity at the moment. Until they fill the ground regularly (including half of the South Stand), there isn't a problem apart from in the minds of a few obsessives. All a bit Yammish in my view.

When (and if) that day comes, Hibs should fill in a couple of corners with safe standing areas. When they fill that then maybe there will be a problem? Then they could consider a 'use it or lose it' system. Otherwise its a solution in search of a problem.
    Great post.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    When it comes to complaining about absolutely nothing this is up there with the most nonsensical I have ever seen on here.
    I think it’s just part of a general trend of sticking noses into stuff that has nothing to do with them. Leaving your seat, not singing, not using your ST, only wearing a t-shirt in sub-zero temperatures, white sport socks with black brogues and stealing TVs out of Currys. You can’t do anything fun nowadays without some random moaning about it on the Internet.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    It Isn't a problem at all. Nobody has failed to get a ticket for ER that wanted one. We have sold 13000 season tickets, many of them to people who know they won't make every game. That applies to every section of the ground. The deal for kids n the FF includes an adult having to pay near enough full price for their ticket. That's a good thing, we get more families able to attend.
    Even in a game where everyone still gets a ticket, would simply be better to have the home stands full before we have to dip into the potential allocation of other teams. Not to mention, with the singing section in the FF it might be nice to have a few fans in the lower for the singing to spread to.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    I think it’s just part of a general trend of sticking noses into stuff that has nothing to do with them. Leaving your seat, not singing, not using your ST, only wearing a t-shirt in sub-zero temperatures, white sport socks with black brogues and stealing TVs out of Currys. You can’t do anything fun nowadays without some random moaning about it on the Internet.
    Maybe the personal issues of those who don’t attend are nothing to do with me, but if they manifest in something that potentially affects Hibs negatively then I don’t see the issue with any Hibs fan “sticking their nose in”. The thread was more referring to the fans who buy a dirt cheap seat to effectively reserve an extra seat for the season, and not kids who legitimately can’t attend for whatever reason.
    Last edited by SRHibs; 17-10-2017 at 06:15 AM.

Maybe the personal issues of those who don’t attend are nothing to do with me, but if they manifest in something that potentially affects Hibs negatively then I don’t see the issue with any Hibs fan “sticking their nose in”. The thread was more referring to the fans who buy a dirt cheap seat to effectively reserve an extra seat for the season, and not kids who legitimately can’t attend for whatever reason.
    It doesn't effect hibs negatively though as the seats been paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    The stadium wasn't sold out, so who cares if some seats were empty? It's hardly prime seating.
    As if the club knew they were going to be empty they could sell these seats.

In turn, that may mean that the south could have been sold to more dons fans making the club more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    It doesn't effect hibs negatively though as the seats been paid for.
    For less than £2 a game.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    For less than £2 a game.
    The youth and child tickets I bought (and don't always get used) are in the West.

They sure as hell weren't less than £2 a game.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Theres no maybe about it, peoples personal issues are nothing to do with you, whether they affect Hibs or not.

Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    For less than £2 a game.

Which would still be the case if there was a bum on the seat.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    Which would still be the case if there was a bum on the seat.
    We’re no letting Jambo’s in now are we?

United we stand here....

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    Theres no maybe about it, peoples personal issues are nothing to do with you, whether they affect Hibs or not.
    As a Hibs fan, the effect of it is though. I’m not prying into anyone’s personal issues so I don’t see where that’s even come from. It’s clear this thread was well-intentioned and wasn’t a dig at anyone who genuinely misses games now and then - I travel from Newcastle for the football and unfortunately sometimes miss games myself, so I more than understand. Only those who buy the dirt cheap seats and leave them empty for the entire season.

I would say that not giving your ticket to a friend/opening it up for sale if you don’t go is just pure laziness, though.
    Last edited by SRHibs; 17-10-2017 at 07:45 PM.

I would say that not giving your ticket to a friend/opening it up for sale if you don’t go is just pure laziness, though.
    A) The ground isn't sold out fortnightly.
    B) Once folk use their hard earned money on a ST it's up to them how & when they use it.
    C) I'm more worried we're not winning games rather than a spare seat in the stand.

As a Hibs fan, the effect of it is though. I’m not prying into anyone’s personal issues so I don’t see where that’s even come from. It’s clear this thread was well-intentioned and wasn’t a dig at anyone who genuinely misses games now and then - I travel from Newcastle for the football and unfortunately sometimes miss games myself, so I more than understand. Only those who buy the dirt cheap seats and leave them empty for the entire season.

First bold section - those were your words in your previous post, I was just responding.

Second bold section - fair do’s mate