Laidlaw .... 7 ..... It would have been a good save if he had managed to stop the Aberdeen goal, but that little prick had a good run in on him and time to compose himself. His kicking was a bit suspect, but he had obviously been told to aim for Whittaker who was out wide and you cant blame him for over hitting it a few times, commanded his area pretty well though.

Whittaker .... 6 .... Had a good first half, but seemed to run out of steam a wee bit in the last 20 minutes.

Hanlon ....... 9 ..... A very good game and some of his covering play was excellent when they tried to break up the park.

Ambrose ..... 7 ... Did little wrong really, he was pretty solid but as usual just couldn't resist a couple of wee cameos of his own.

Stevenson ... 6 .... His booking was the result of a shocking pass which put him in a bad position, apart from that he did ok but could have been better on the ball at times ... a great crunching tackle in the 2nd half.

Bartley .... 6 .... Had a decent game and did what he does well for the most part.

McGeouch ... 6 .... Tried his best to keep us going forward, a wee bit loose with his passing at times, l wish he would take on a shot more often because a couple of times he elected to pass when he could have went for it.

McGinn .... 7 ..... For me at times he was too deep lying, stood up well to some cynical tackles and was unfortunate to be booked for what was a great tackle, certainly the pick of our midfield though.

Slivka .... 6 .... Just makes it to a 6 really, I would like to see him take a grip of the game a bit more, perhaps central midfield would suit him better, came close to scoring but I would like to see him more involved.

Boyle ... 6 .... Was well marshalled by the Aberdeen defence and found it hard to get into the game, but as usual never stopped trying ... perhaps didn't make the most of it when he did get into good positions.

Stokes .... 6 ... Don't have a great deal of impact, but he didn't get brilliant service either so he's not entirely to blame.

Subs:

Barker .... 4 .... Did his best to make an impact and had a couple of decent runs, at one point he clearly jibbed a 50/50 challenge which didn't impress me much.

Swanson ... 5 .... Probably more effective than Barker was and we looked more dangerous after he came on, was unlucky a few times not to get the break of the ball in their box after good play .... but Danny Danny Danny, what the hell was that shocking ball into the box from a great position in the last minute all about?

Murray ... 3 .... Little time to make an impact, probably should have been on 10 minutes earlier.

It certainly wasn't a poor performance from Hibs and we dominated a good bit of the 2nd half, nobody had a bad game and everybody gave 100% ..... But we simply have to find a way to make the most of our possession in the final third, it was too easy for Aberdeen to pack their box and our lack of height up front means we wont win many crosses or corners into the opposition box, in which case we have to be more savvy with what we do with the ball.

A couple of final points:

We got low crosses into their near post at least twice during the game, but nobody had made a run to that area, its something we fail to do on a regular basis and yet its probably on page one chapter one of any forwards coaching manual ... the two times I can recall us doing it this season Stokes scored at Dundee and Murray came close against Motherwell.

I've said it before, but why oh why will we not put a guy about 15 yards out from the byline in the area between the 18 yard box and the touchline at corners .... if I have to watch one more overhit corner go for a by kick or throw in because we didn't have a player in that area I'll tear my f'ing hair out. It just seems so obvious to me that you should do that.