hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gms

Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stevenson really is untouchable to some folk. I done a 180 and like him at left back but blaming Boyle for him getting booked is ridiculous.
    No it isn't, Boyle put him in a terrible position with a hospital ball, Stevenson had to bring GMS down or he would have been away.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    No it isn't, Boyle put him in a terrible position with a hospital ball, Stevenson had to bring GMS down or he would have been away.
    No denying the pass was short but come on! Boyle will be wishing that Whittaker had been playing LB so he could've avoided taking the flak.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    No denying the pass was short but come on! Boyle will be wishing that Whittaker had been playing LB so he could've avoided taking the flak.
    Was thinking the same. Next time god will be getting blamed for the weather conditions.

GMS is an erse. Don't need/want him at ER.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Any of their starting 11 would improve our squad. Best Sheep team since their halcyon days.

I think you might be caught up in the local hype and allowing it to cloud your judgment.
    Man for man, there is little to separate their first team from ours.
    I'm sure there are many sheep who would gladly swap some of their regular first teamers for ours.
    The thing that separates us at present is shape and tactics - something that Neil Lennon will put right.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    I think you might be caught up in the local hype and allowing it to cloud your judgment.
    Man for man, there is little to separate their first team from ours.
    I'm sure there are many sheep who would gladly swap some of their regular first teamers for ours.
    The thing that separates us at present is shape and tactics - something that Neil Lennon will put right.
    I said any of their starting 11 would improve our SQUAD. If you don't think that's the case, you are in cloud coockoo land. I would take any of them if they were an option. For what it's worth, I think there's isn't much between the two starting 11's yesterday, man for man but as a team, they have the slight edge. If you watch Lenny's post match interview, he agrees. I stand by my assesment that this is the best Aberdeen team since 80's or early 90's.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Of course he'd good enough to get in our team. Come on.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quite right.I said to my son that Boyle should take the card-it was his fault.

I said any of their starting 11 would improve our SQUAD. If you don't think that's the case, you are in cloud coockoo land. I would take any of them if they were an option. For what it's worth, I think there's isn't much between the two starting 11's yesterday, man for man but as a team, they have the slight edge. If you watch Lenny's post match interview, he agrees. I stand by my assesment that this is the best Aberdeen team since 80's or early 90's.
    I understood what you said, and, equally, any of our first 11 would improve their squad.
    I agree that they have an edge as a team, but only tactically, and, of course, it's hard to argue that this is not the best Aberdeen team since the 80's.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    I understood what you said, and, equally, any of our first 11 would improve their squad.
    I agree that they have an edge as a team, but only tactically, and, of course, it's hard to argue that this is not the best Aberdeen team since the 80's.
    So you agree with then. Good man 😉

That was the very definition of a hospital pass.

Horrible pass, Stevenson could do nothing other than get booked, which is far from ideal against such a tricky, niggly opponent.

I think he is *****. Hate the wee dirty *******.

First Team Breakthrough
    GMS was a Hibs fan as a boy

Quality player that would improve our squad and first 11.

Left by mutual consent!
    Don't actually think he touched GMS either. He was already off the ground 'in anticipation'

GMS is a quality player, better than any attacking option we have and it's obvious his time at Celtic has improved his movement, mentality and game awareness as well.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Any of their starting 11 would improve our squad. Best Sheep team since their halcyon days.
    Pretty much agree with this. I'd take Lewis, Logan, Arnason, Shinnie, McLean, Christie, GMS, Rooney and although he didn't look that exciting on Saturday, Stevie May. And I'd probably put all of them into our starting 11 with the exception of Arnason and possibly one of the forwards although even then I reckon they'd both start for us. Aberdeen are a very good side at our level with an absolute shed load of experience and ability. I'd probably go as far to say they're not a kick in the arse off some of the poorer OF teams of recent years.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    Say what you want about him, and the posters that say he's not good enough for Hibs but..............

good enough for Aberdeen

he looked sharp from the start

always looked dangerous - more that could be said of any hibs attacker

and not surprised when he popped up with what proved to be the winner
    Thought he looked unfit and tbh he scalfed his shot for the goal . Opinions eh :)
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Annoying wee barsteward but the boys a player. That's the most uncomfortable I've seen Stevenson look in years.

For all the criticism Boyle is getting he was up against a cracking players in Logans as well. Him and GMS worked well together and it always looked like any breakthrough was coming down that side in the 1st half.

I'd take him at Hibs in a minute.
    I actually thought Lewis had a great game after he was booked (as others have pointed out, Boyler was to blame for his yellow) and the pass for the goal was a full back's nightmare. Lewis timed most of his tackles to perfection and the one that saw GMS hobble off was a beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    Don't actually think he touched GMS either. He was already off the ground 'in anticipation'

GMS is a quality player, better than any attacking option we have and it's obvious his time at Celtic has improved his movement, mentality and game awareness as well.
    He is on the other hand extremely inconsistent,has not I think played regularly and was that his first goal?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    He is on the other hand extremely inconsistent,has not I think played regularly and was that his first goal?
    Our whole team are extremely inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by anon1875 View Post
    GMS was a Hibs fan as a boy
    Where's he from?

Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    Where's he from?
    My missus used to work with his sister, in fairly sure they're from somewhere in the north east

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    To be fair to the lad he's been doubling up football and swimming at the same time. Can't be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    I actually thought Lewis had a great game after he was booked (as others have pointed out, Boyler was to blame for his yellow) and the pass for the goal was a full back's nightmare. Lewis timed most of his tackles to perfection and the one that saw GMS hobble off was a beauty.
    With you 100%. He was taken out of the game foe the goal but that was down to quality of pass. McLean should'nt have had the space.

Quote Originally Posted by -Jonesy- View Post
    My missus used to work with his sister, in fairly sure they're from somewhere in the north east
    I thought Perth but could be talking absolute nonsense...

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    I thought Perth but could be talking absolute nonsense...
    Thurso I think.