hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gms

Gms

Say what you want about him, and the posters that say he's not good enough for Hibs but..............

good enough for Aberdeen

he looked sharp from the start

always looked dangerous - more that could be said of any hibs attacker

and not surprised when he popped up with what proved to be the winner

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    He was doing his best to get Lewis sent off after Lewis got booked. Was very lucky not to be booked himself, probably should have been on a couple of occasions.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was doing his best to get Lewis sent off after Lewis got booked. Was very lucky not to be booked himself, probably should have been on a couple of occasions.
    so you wouldn't take him?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    so you wouldn't take him?
    Nope.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Nope.
    and presumably for the reasons you have stated

There isn't even a discussion to be had here, gms would improve our team. Fwiw I'd take logan, gms, and maybe one of their striker's in the hibs team but I think the defences and midfield are pretty even apart from that.

I have never had any regard for GMS as a man ... yes he has decent skill ... but IMO he is a *****g coward and if you can get a couple of meaty challenges on him early doors you wont see him for the rest of the game. I never saw anything from him yesterday to change that opinion and laughed my arse off when I saw him accuse Lewis Stevenson of going down too easily after he had tackled him ..... add up a hundred GMS's and you still wouldn't get one Stevenson when it comes to guts and commitment.

I would take Lewis, Shinnie, Christie and especially Logan in a second, but GMS can GTF and I would have said the same before today

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    How he got away without getting booked yesterday was astonishing. Halfed Stevenson from behind and got away with it. Would I take him in our team based on his attributes? 100%.

Annoying wee barsteward but the boys a player. That's the most uncomfortable I've seen Stevenson look in years.

For all the criticism Boyle is getting he was up against a cracking players in Logans as well. Him and GMS worked well together and it always looked like any breakthrough was coming down that side in the 1st half.

I'd take him at Hibs in a minute.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    GMS is a decent player and if he was the difference between the teams yesterday then that surely tells us how far we have come.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I have never had any regard for GMS as a man ... yes he has decent skill ... but IMO he is a *****g coward and if you can get a couple of meaty challenges on him early doors you wont see him for the rest of the game. I never saw anything from him yesterday to change that opinion and laughed my arse off when I saw him accuse Lewis Stevenson of going down too easily after he had tackled him ..... add up a hundred GMS's and you still wouldn't get one Stevenson when it comes to guts and commitment.

I would take Lewis, Shinnie, Christie and especially Logan in a second, but GMS can GTF and I would have said the same before today
    Stevenson put him in the air early doors yesterday and then GMS ripped him a new one so not sure I agree with the coward comment.

He'd definitely improve our team/squad - I was disappointed we didn't get him in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    How he got away without getting booked yesterday was astonishing. Halfed Stevenson from behind and got away with it. Would I take him in our team based on his attributes? 100%.
    He's a cheating niggly little ******* but some player. Same with Christie. Both could have been off yesterday if the referee was consistent with his cards.

Left by mutual consent!
    A kind of player you love in our side but hate in opposition.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    Say what you want about him, and the posters that say he's not good enough for Hibs but..............

good enough for Aberdeen

he looked sharp from the start

always looked dangerous - more that could be said of any hibs attacker

and not surprised when he popped up with what proved to be the winner
    He played well today, but it's inconsistency that's his problem. A very frustrating player for United and Celtic.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    He's a cheating niggly little ******* but some player. Same with Christie. Both could have been off yesterday if the referee was consistent with his cards.
    Unfortunately Boyle short pass to Lewis meant that he got an early booking meaning Lewis wasn't able to continually foul gms throughout the game like some of the Aberdeen players were able to do with impunity to Hibs players.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    He played well today, but it's inconsistency that's his problem. A very frustrating player for United and Celtic.
    He was **** hot at Dundee Utd. We have many players with the same problem too.

@hibs.net private member
    I'd have him in a heartbeat.

Look at GMS impact on that game versus Boyle.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Any of their starting 11 would improve our squad. Best Sheep team since their halcyon days.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post

Took a "meaty challenge" got up scored one and should have had two, so kinda kills your argument.

Was excellent yesterday, yes he’s a diving cheating little prick but he was the biggest threat for them yesterday and that’s the first time in a long time I’ve felt Stevenson was struggling to get to his man although may have been impacted with the booking. Boyle should take note on how to be an effective winger without permantly hugging the wing and turning back

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Unfortunately Boyle short pass to Lewis meant that he got an early booking meaning Lewis wasn't able to continually foul gms throughout the game like some of the Aberdeen players were able to do with impunity to Hibs players.
    Stevenson really is untouchable to some folk. I done a 180 and like him at left back but blaming Boyle for him getting booked is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    Stevenson really is untouchable to some folk. I done a 180 and like him at left back but blaming Boyle for him getting booked is ridiculous.
    Let's say Boyles short pass did not help then

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Annoying wee barsteward but the boys a player. That's the most uncomfortable I've seen Stevenson look in years.

For all the criticism Boyle is getting he was up against a cracking players in Logans as well. Him and GMS worked well together and it always looked like any breakthrough was coming down that side in the 1st half.

I'd take him at Hibs in a minute.
    Agree with this. Logans the best right back in the league imo. Slightly better than lustig at celtic

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Think Boyles pass caused the problem which ended up with Stevenson getting booked.

He used to do the same thing to Stevenson when he played for UTD nothing different there I am afraid

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    He's a quality player. He's as good as a team like Hibs or Aberdeen can realistically hope for. I know it's about opinions but I can't help but think that people saying they wouldn't have him at Hibs are just kidding themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    Think Boyles pass caused the problem which ended up with Stevenson getting booked.

i would agree with this, the pass was short and Lewis had to lung at it and took the player too. Hence the booking...... GMS is a cheating wee diving git..... for want of better words!

If his skills include throwing himself on the deck every 5 mins and trying to get other players sent off then id rather not see him in a Hibs jeresey. Yes he made Lewis look uncomfortable by having to reign in his tackles of the wee prat or he'd have been sent off!!

Yes he has skills, but at each of his last clubs he has been unable to show consistent use of them and has even had to try and perfect his diving skills in the River Clyde!

So im sorry but he is not for Hibs IMO!!!

Boyles pass was a hospital pass for Stevenson. Shinnie, Logan, really solid full backs. Boyle got nothing out of Logan for 70 minutes. We need a Rooney type up front.

First Team Breakthrough Bob1875's Avatar
    HIm & Christie are top players and would walk into our team im afraid.

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    i would agree with this, the pass was short and Lewis had to lung at it and took the player too. Hence the booking...... GMS is a cheating wee diving git..... for want of better words!

If his skills include throwing himself on the deck every 5 mins and trying to get other players sent off then id rather not see him in a Hibs jeresey. Yes he made Lewis look uncomfortable by having to reign in his tackles of the wee prat or he'd have been sent off!!

Yes he has skills, but at each of his last clubs he has been unable to show consistent use of them and has even had to try and perfect his diving skills in the River Clyde!

So im sorry but he is not for Hibs IMO!!!
    Didn't he end up in the Kelvin - some dive and a half that.