hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: SFA error (NHC)

SFA error (NHC)

They've just redrawn the 3rd round of the Cup. Ball number 6 (Banks o' Dee) came out, but the blazer held it upside down and announced it as 9 (Brora Rangers). Later on ball 9 came out and the place collapsed in confusion. Rather than correct the incorrect earlier announcement they held a full redraw.

These people are in charge of the national game.

2. Log in to remove the advert

**** happens. Doesn’t really seem like something to get particularly worked up about though.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengeich View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They've just redrawn the 3rd round of the Cup. Ball number 6 (Banks o' Dee) came out, but the blazer held it upside down and announced it as 9 (Brora Rangers). Later on ball 9 came out and the place collapsed in confusion. Rather than correct the incorrect earlier announcement they held a full redraw.

Should've taken rod Stewart out on a 48 hour bender, put his hands in a pair of boxing gloves and let him do the whole draw on his own. Couldn't be any more of a laughing stock.

Scottish football is an industry that turns over serious money and it's regressing because it's run by a clique of self perpetuating erseholes who couldn't organise bingo in an old folks home.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    It's becoming the rule rather than the exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    **** happens. Doesn’t really seem like something to get particularly worked up about though.
    I'd agree if it was a one-off. It just seems to epitomise how the upper echelons of the game perform.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Surely just say the ball was 6 not 9, and leave it be. It’s not a one off either that’s the worst thing.

That happened for the quarter final draw, the year we won it I think.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    That happened for the quarter final draw, the year we won it I think.
    Stubbsy pulled out a 6 and it was corrected quickly to a 9 (or the other way round). Presumably the year after we won it.

They ****ed the LC semi final draw a few years back, had the incident with the open ball for the Scottish 2 seasons back, had Stubbs confuse a 6 and a 9 last season and now this.

Absolute amateur hour.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I'm positive, either the year we won it or the year before, that they had to properly start from scratch.
    I'm sure there was a semi final draw when Hearts had to be redrawn as well and instead of Dundee United they had to play celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Stubbsy pulled out a 6 and it was corrected quickly to a 9 (or the other way round). Presumably the year after we won it.
    I'm sure the year we won it they had to scrap it and start from scratch. I think the same team/number got drawn twice.

I never bother with the draws in the early rounds.
    I just wait to see who we play at Hampden...

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengeich View Post

I would have though that 6 and 9 in particular would be underlined so as to show the correct way to read them (e.g. 6 & 9) - either someone can't read or the SFA buggered it up big time.

Would also have though that surely by now a software developer would have put out a program which would automate the draw so as to avoid the possibility of some idiotic human making that sort of mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan91 View Post
    I would have though that 6 and 9 in particular would be underlined so as to show the correct way to read them (e.g. 6 & 9) - either someone can't read or the SFA buggered it up big time.

The alternatives are about equally likely, provided the SFA provided the person trying to read

Would also have though that surely by now a software developer would have put out a program which would automate the draw so as to avoid the possibility of some idiotic human making that sort of mistake.
    Writing an automated draw program would be an easy task for any software developer but of all the situations which would encourage conspiracy theorists, an automated draw ranks very high.

@hibs.net private member
    The SFA can't cope with the responsibility of facilitating a draw. I'd like to see it outsourced to some Egyptian organisation and hieroglyphics introduced.

Hibs could be a harp.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There's an incompetence and conceitedness that pervades this 'old boy's network'.

The whole organisation needs restructured an restaffed from top to bottom to make it more inclusive and forward thinking to carry out the job of governance but I won't hold my breath.

They are a national embarrassment.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    There's an incompetence and conceitedness that pervades this 'old boy's network'.

The whole organisation needs restructured an restaffed from top to bottom to make it more inclusive and forward thinking to carry out the job of governance but I won't hold my breath.

They are a national embarrassment.
    This.

You'd really think they'd at least be able to get this right 6 and 9 are both prominent in 1690 which features frequently in many aspects of their lives.

They could maybe make the 6 blue and the 9 red?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I thought they used the kinder surprise method when doing the draw these says. These things taken in Isolation are minor, but when you add everything up it shows them up to be complete amateurs, that aren’t fit to run the game.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan91 View Post

Very easily done but... I can already imagine the conspiracy theorists going into overdrive

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Very easily done but... I can already imagine the conspiracy theorists going into overdrive

My initial thoughts were about making any software open source, but then I realised that most football fans won't have a background in software development and even then they'd still cry foul

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Is it just me, but surely the simple solution is to just have the words six and nine on the balls would fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Is it just me, but surely the simple solution is to just have the words six and nine on the balls would fix this?
    Or just not use the numbers 6 & 9 at all.
    Can’t believe all the balls HAVE to be consecutively numbered - 1 to 16, 1 to 32 or whatever.
    1 to 18 or 1 to 34 without balls 6 & 9 would work.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    Or just not use the numbers 6 & 9 at all.
    Can’t believe all the balls HAVE to be consecutively numbered - 1 to 16, 1 to 32 or whatever.
    1 to 18 or 1 to 34 without balls 6 & 9 would work.
    Too easy!!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    How this is even still an issue is unbelievable. Just draw a line under the 6 and the 9 respectively to show which way up it should be read... If this is how it's done (I'm sure it is) and they still can't work it out then the folk drawing the numbers should be bulleted. It's not rocket science. Surely they are briefed before hand if this is the case. Would take 10 seconds to explain if somehow needed.