hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oli Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rubbish. Dembele is valued by Celtic at £35m and he scored two today.

Oli scored half that today so I'd take nothing less than £17.5m.
    That's a fair point.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Brilliant movement to get in there in the first place.

Many a time have we had the ball in the position that Whittaker was in but not get an opportunity to score, let alone a goal.

Very encouraging that it came against the best team in the country, in a big game, at the National stadium.

@hibs.net private member
    Great finish and impact but he doesn't look ready to me. He has the hardest part sorted and that is scoring goals but he looks a good deal below what he needs to be physically and has nowhere near the energy of Murray. I think he is a good option from the bench. No idea of Murray would have scored or even made the run but we were crying out for someone to lead the line and charge about disrupting their defenders, mind you that was the case from the first whistle.

The lad looks like a good prospect. Hope he scores many more goals for Hibs. Took his chance well. Put it in the net. Calm and composed. Well done Ollie.

Fantastic effort from this young lad! Bring him on Mr.Lennon. Cheers!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Great finish and impact but he doesn't look ready to me. He has the hardest part sorted and that is scoring goals but he looks a good deal below what he needs to be physically and has nowhere near the energy of Murray. I think he is a good option from the bench. No idea of Murray would have scored or even made the run but we were crying out for someone to lead the line and charge about disrupting their defenders, mind you that was the case from the first whistle.
    The tank looked ready yet couldn't buy a goal. Natural goalscorers don't always conform to a certain look. I'm all for giving players who score no matter how they look the chance to shine.

Some posters consider Shaw too lightweight and will only get bullied in a derby at this stage in his development, but cast your mind back to a certain Derek Riordan - now there was skinny and gangly personified, I believe that this did not prevent him scoring goals either.

Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post
    The tank looked ready yet couldn't buy a goal. Natural goalscorers don't always conform to a certain look. I'm all for giving players who score no matter how they look the chance to shine.

He scores goals.

Pre season and today against Celtic he has shown he can score in the first team.

You don’t need strength and pace when you have his intelligence, movement and finishing ability.

His composure is great to see.