hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Derby on 27th at Murrayfield would attract 30k plus roughly every split
    They have 14,000 season ticket holders so not sure how you work that out. I would tell them to ram it if ticket money isn't shared evenly or at least we keep any sales over 3,500.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    What if they bid for Moult and get him in January with the “unexpected” windfall they gained from the large crowds at Murrayfield? £25x 14000 is £350,000
    What if they cannot afford to make a bid for Moult in January because of the increased costs in renting Murrayfield and building their new stand?

What if we sell 35,000 instead of 3500 tickets for this game after cutting a deal with Hearts to big up the game to our fans, meaning that we can outbid other teams for Moult in January?

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    I'm now reading more into the posts. surely folk would want to be there, if the crowd could potentially outdo even an old firm new year Derby/ it would be a match most on here would regret missing, that is for sure if we were given 30k plus?

That was kinda my point, we would sell thousands more tickets if there was an opportunity to do so, and I’m sure the yams would as well. thats why I think they could restrict us to the usual 3500. They could say they’ve given what they usually do, without risking tens of thousands of Hibbies being there to rub their faces in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    What if they cannot afford to make a bid for Moult in January because of the increased costs in renting Murrayfield and building their new stand?

What if we sell 35,000 instead of 3500 tickets for this game after cutting a deal with Hearts to big up the game to our fans, meaning that we can outbid other teams for Moult in January?

That would be a desirable outcome.

Hearts are on record saying they are making money from the Murrayfield games (overall).

Game should not b held at Mfield. A disgrace its been allowed to go on so long.They r again gettin a financial advantage over other clubs by playing there. We should demand game to b played at Tiny Tynie.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Game should not b held at Mfield. A disgrace its been allowed to go on so long.They r again gettin a financial advantage over other clubs by playing there. We should demand game to b played at Tiny Tynie.
    Exactly.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Riminding people that you’d be paying to watch Hibs play. Just as if we were going to Ibrox or Rugby Park.

More Hibbies in the ground roaring the team on means more chance of 3 points and another humbling defeat of the yams.

Don’t worry about them, I’m more interested in actually getting an away Derby ticket and supporting Hibs.

Not for you? Go to the pub, I’ll see you after beating them in the highest attended Derby in a long time.

GGTTH

J

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    I agree. I understand the reluctance to give Hearts the income, but it's a derby and we should have as many as possible there. It's damn difficult getting tickets for the PBS for most, so it would be a chance to have thousands at an away game. We'd easily take ten thousand I think.
    Always said that Hibs and Hearts should enter into a joint agreement to play every New Year’s fixture at Murrayfield. It would make it into a terrific ocassion. If there was a deal in place over four years, no club would lose home advantage over the piece.

Football authorities wouldn’t allow it as it would challenge the bigot fest as the showpiece league game of the season and undermine the entire loser sectarian west coast myopic culture of Scottish football.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    Riminding people that you’d be paying to watch Hibs play. Just as if we were going to Ibrox or Rugby Park.

More Hibbies in the ground roaring the team on means more chance of 3 points and another humbling defeat of the yams.

Don’t worry about them, I’m more interested in actually getting an away Derby ticket and supporting Hibs.

Not for you? Go to the pub, I’ll see you after beating them in the highest attended Derby in a long time.

GGTTH

J
    But i do worry about them, especially their cheating and us losing out.

But youre right, personal choice - i go to most derbies at Tynie, so maybe there is not the same novelty as to some others who dont so often.

But i would prob choose to watch this one in the pub rather than help dig them out of a financial hple of their own making, and one we had to deal with ourselves withoit relying on fhe world bending over backwards and doing us favours.

Personal choice as you say. My OP was about whether the club shpuld make a stance - majority on here seems to be a resounding 'no' so fair enough! Plus we are probably too 'nice' to do something like that.

Testimonial Due
    highest attended Derby in a long time
    J[/QUOTE]

Since 2012...

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Always said that Hibs and Hearts should enter into a joint agreement to play every New Year’s fixture at Murrayfield. It would make it into a terrific ocassion. If there was a deal in place over four years, no club would lose home advantage over the piece.

Football authorities wouldn’t allow it as it would challenge the bigot fest as the showpiece league game of the season and undermine the entire loser sectarian west coast myopic culture of Scottish football.
    This, could be a great occasion, might even bring more families out and plenty of New Year tourists looking for something to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    They have 14,000 season ticket holders so not sure how you work that out. I would tell them to ram it if ticket money isn't shared evenly or at least we keep any sales over 3,500.
    What bit are you not sure about? I reckoned approx 15k each what is so difficult to understand?

i thought this quite a silly and childish post but thought id read through it any way.

Im glad i was not the only one to think so.

As many have already said they will be back at the pink bus shelter by the Christmas game so its all pie in the sky really.

As someone says we do not know the ins and outs of the deal with the SRU but i can bet Hearts dont make much money out of it. the catering and hospitality profits, if any, will go to the SRU and they will have to guarantee the crowd of at least all their season ticket numbers i should think?

It may also be that the SRU may take a chunk of the gate over the threshold of the season ticket numbers. As i say this is only my way of thinking. We dont know the arrangements that they made.

if we had the opportunity to play there against them then id take all the tickets i could and make sure the team in green and white are supported.

staying away from a Derby game would make me ill.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    This, could be a great occasion, might even bring more families out and plenty of New Year tourists looking for something to do?
    Would also work for first derby of the season around festival time.

Left by mutual consent!
    When making my mind up whether to go or not I don't think a determining factor would include the question of whether or not the yams will make more money out of the venue. I agree one hundred per cent if it is held at Murrayfield its farcical due to their mismanagement of their eyesore and worthy of debate with some fans unhappy regarding potentially having profiteered from their being allowed to use Murrayfield, then returning to their own stadium in the same season which I believe is against the rule-book. I think I would almost certainly attend though if tickets were available.

GGTTH

I have no idea about the arrangement hearts have in place with the SRU. However:

Do people genuinely believe hearts would simply just allow us to bring as many as we want? Hearts, the "big team" would give us the opportunity to have more fans in the away end than they do in the home end? At an Edinburgh derby?

This isn't Aberdeen or rangers rocking up. This is the club they've got more hatred for than love for their own club!!

I can't see it.

And if they did give us x amount above our usual allocation I'd tell them to ram it unless there's a guarantee we will benefit financially from it also. There's no chance imo that they're not earning SOMETHING from this venture.

They could open this up to all and make it a spectacle for Edinburgh football and a FU to Glasgow but imo they won't.

We've been outnumbered > 10:1 at ibrox and parkhead and won.

**** hearts

Left by mutual consent!
    What bit are you not sure about? I reckoned approx 15k each what is so difficult to understand?
    You reckon for a Derby at Murrayfield over Christmas that there would be 1,000 only walk ups that isn't Hibs fans aye? No danger it wouldn't be half and half, don't kid yourself.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    I have no idea about the arrangement hearts have in place with the SRU. However:

Do people genuinely believe hearts would simply just allow us to bring as many as we want? Hearts, the "big team" would give us the opportunity to have more fans in the away end than they do in the home end? At an Edinburgh derby?

This isn't Aberdeen or rangers rocking up. This is the club they've got more hatred for than love for their own club!!

I can't see it.

And if they did give us x amount above our usual allocation I'd tell them to ram it unless there's a guarantee we will benefit financially from it also. There's no chance imo that they're not earning SOMETHING from this venture.

They could open this up to all and make it a spectacle for Edinburgh football and a FU to Glasgow but imo they won't.

We've been outnumbered > 10:1 at ibrox and parkhead and won.

**** hearts
    Budge cares about one thing more than anything, money. This extra matches are paying the ****s stand off.

Like I said if they offer us more than 3,500 we should get the extra income.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    All this lining their pockets pish really gets on my nerves. You're paying to go and watch Hibs at an away game nothing else. Have folk forgotten that renting one stadium whilst you own another you are paying for is hardly likely to be a lucrative venture.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    All this lining their pockets pish really gets on my nerves. You're paying to go and watch Hibs at an away game nothing else. Have folk forgotten that renting one stadium whilst you own another you are paying for is hardly likely to be a lucrative venture.
    Hearts said their stadium would be complete in a September, they are now exploiting the goodwill of the game and ripping the pish to line their pockets. They will be strengthening over this and it doesn't sit right to enhance this further by pocketing them a very tasty amount.

If this was a one off then perhaps but why are swindling arse holes who rip the arse out of stuff like this all the time.

You reckon for a Derby at Murrayfield over Christmas that there would be 1,000 only walk ups that isn't Hibs fans aye? No danger it wouldn't be half and half, don't kid yourself.
    I'm not sure what you are saying is wrong
    How many hibs fans and hearts fans do you think would attend bearing in mind not all season ticket holders will be able to attend?

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    Spot on. The fact that some people seem to care more about what is going in and out of Hearts bank account than supporting their own team baffles me.

As you say, how much they are 'making' from this is all total guesswork anyway. They'll obviously be taking a hell of a lot extra in through ticket sales. But rent, the additional construction costs etc will be swallowing a fair amount of that up.

Left by mutual consent!
    I'm not sure what you are saying is wrong
    How many hibs fans and hearts fans do you think would attend bearing in mind not all season ticket holders will be able to attend?
    I'm not sure but what I do know over Xmas time an Edinburgh Derby that will line their pockets there will be loads more than 1,00 hearts walk ups. Probably 5-10,000 easily.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Spot on. The fact that some people seem to care more about what is going in and out of Hearts bank account than supporting their own team baffles me.

As you say, how much they are 'making' from this is all total guesswork anyway. They'll obviously be taking a hell of a lot extra in through ticket sales. But rent, the additional construction costs etc will be swallowing a fair amount of that up.
    It's not about supporting hibs, it's about assisting rip the arse out the whole thing.

Don't come greetin' about their cheating in that case when they offer more wages than us next summer when they should pay paying the price for building a new stand and playing under limited capacit.

It's not about supporting hibs, it's about assisting rip the arse out the whole thing.

Don't come greetin' about their cheating in that case when they offer more wages than us next summer when they should pay paying the price for building a new stand and playing under limited capacit.
    Nonsence. You're basing your whole argument on something that is totally hypothetical and unsubstantiated. You don't even know what they are making from it.

Sad day when football fans are more concerned by another teams finances than supporting their own team on the pitch.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Nonsence. You're basing your whole argument on something that is totally hypothetical and unsubstantiated. You don't even know what they are making from it.

Sad day when football fans are more concerned by another teams finances than supporting their own team on the pitch.
    Fair enough. Like I said, one off then I would be up for it but they are ripping the arse out the situation and **** assisting them building as a club.

Budge cares about one thing more than anything, money. This extra matches are paying the ****s stand off.

Like I said if they offer us more than 3,500 we should get the extra income.
    What, even more than cars and Simon Murray?

Fair enough. Like I said, one off then I would be up for it but they are ripping the arse out the situation and **** assisting them building as a club.
    Do you go to the piggery when we play them?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Maybe the longer it drags on the tougher financially it gets for them, have you thought of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    [/B]

That would be a desirable outcome.

Hearts are on record saying they are making money from the Murrayfield games (overall).

Where?