hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hopefully if the sales are poor its because the "Where can i get a drink in Glasgow at 7AM" brigade are giving it a miss. The sight of punters falling about at midday in front of young kids is always a sure fire winner.
    I thought the kids were staying at home because of the prices?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    The ridiculous kids prices will also put off families.
    This is a really distinct issue ...especially in times where we are supposed to as football nation be encouraging kids and families... well done SFA or SFL own goal again, but not the only issue looking at the numbers ..

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthibby View Post
    This is a really distinct issue ...especially in times where we are supposed to as football nation be encouraging kids and families... well done SFA or SFL own goal again, but not the only issue looking at the numbers ..
    A kids ticket for a national semi-final is only £10.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Please don't quote facts, some people don't want to read them.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Rangers got 38,000 for the semi v Motherwell. Can you imagine how the melt down on here, if we’d given Celtic similar
    They'd only have themselves to blame. Sevco should get that cos of demand for them same as Celtic.

We're lucky that the SFA have agreed half. Considering we have 13k season tickets compared to Celtic's 50k.

Should support the club throughout the season not just semi's and final's. I know that's not always possible.

The fans choosing to stay away better hope that SFA don't give us fewer tickets for the final (if we win). If Rangers win also, they'll have a real case to demand the higher amount.

The facts are the fans are out there which has been proven time and time again but are choosing not to attend this game.. now ask yourselves why..? No point bickering between ourselves.. massive OG by whoever priced this game up.. lesson not learned from last year when less 16000 attended the sheep v Morton game.. bearing in mind that Morton hadn’t played in a major semi for a long time.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Hopefully if the sales are poor its because the "Where can i get a drink in Glasgow at 7AM" brigade are giving it a miss. The sight of punters falling about at midday in front of young kids is always a sure fire winner.
    That's the arsiest post I've seen in a long time on here. I've no idea why some people feel the need to over-exaggerate how much some supporters have to drink before a game at Hampden. Embarrassingly pretentious post.

Some people like a pint or 5, some people don't. Get over yourself.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by Liam Miller View Post
    They'd only have themselves to blame. Sevco should get that cos of demand for them same as Celtic.

We're lucky that the SFA have agreed half. Considering we have 13k season tickets compared to Celtic's 50k.

Should support the club throughout the season not just semi's and final's. I know that's not always possible.

The fans choosing to stay away better hope that SFA don't give us fewer tickets for the final (if we win). If Rangers win also, they'll have a real case to demand the higher amount.
    We've never regularly taken 20k to semi finals but it's still always been an even split for finals. The year we won the Scottish I'm sure the total attendance at the semi final was 19k or something like that.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    That is true, however its also true that there are many fans out there who are not keen on watching the game from behind the goal.

Likewise. That way i'll have the boozer at 7am to myself

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    That is true, however its also true that there are many fans out there who are not keen on watching the game from behind the goal.
    Those f@nnys need to have words with themselves then.

PS Celtic have yet to sell out aswell. They're still selling the south stand to season ticket holders.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    That's the arsiest post I've seen in a long time on here. I've no idea why some people feel the need to over-exaggerate how much some supporters have to drink before a game at Hampden. Embarrassingly pretentious post.

Some people like to get absolutely blootered to the point of not being able to conduct themselves in a reasonable manor. Fighting with fellow fans, pissing in the street, throwing up in front of bairns..........We’ve all seen it at these games. Having a good bevvy is one thing, I do that myself. Drinking so much before lunch time that you lose control is another. To say it’s not an issue when we visit Hampden is just telling lies.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    We've never regularly taken 20k to semi finals but it's still always been an even split for finals. The year we won the Scottish I'm sure the total attendance at the semi final was 19k or something like that.
    Hibs took 14000 and Utd about 5500 from memory

Funnily enough, the aversion to sitting behind the goal seems to ease a bit when it comes to finals. Of all the excuses for not going, this is without doubt the most pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post

I will tell myself that when drunken erses are rolling about the family section fighting if we go a couple of goals down. If you don't know what pretentious means probably best not to use it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    Please don't quote facts, some people don't want to read them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Funnily enough, the aversion to sitting behind the goal seems to ease a bit when it comes to finals. Of all the excuses for not going, this is without doubt the most pathetic.
    Not really. In any decision there are always going to be pros and cons. The *****ness of Hampden is always a con.

This game has several things weighing against it - early ko, it's "only" the league cup, Celtc are overwhelming favourites, it's at Hampden and it's not cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Not really. In any decision there are always going to be pros and cons. The *****ness of Hampden is always a con.

This game has several things weighing against it - early ko, it's "only" the league cup, Celtc are overwhelming favourites, it's at Hampden and it's not cheap.
    I agree there are a few cons but to not go to a semi because the seat is behind the goal is a nonsense. The reason most aren't going is because they expect us to get gubbed.

Left by mutual consent!
    I will tell myself that when drunken erses are rolling about the family section fighting if we go a couple of goals down. If you don't know what pretentious means probably best not to use it either.
    That very rarely happens. Sounds an excuse to justnhave a go at people.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Its happened at every Semi and Final I've been at in the last 10 years.

I agree there are a few cons but to not go to a semi because the seat is behind the goal is a nonsense. The reason most aren't going is because they expect us to get gubbed.
    This is it in a nutshell for me, we're now so used to getting to semi-finals that getting there isn't really seen as a big achievement. If we do somehow win we've still 'won nothing' so those who want to go to the final can still go.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Right you are.

Some people like to get absolutely blootered to the point of not being able to conduct themselves in a reasonable manor. Fighting with fellow fans, pissing in the street, throwing up in front of bairns..........We’ve all seen it at these games. Having a good bevvy is one thing, I do that myself. Drinking so much before lunch time that you lose control is another. To say it’s not an issue when we visit Hampden is just telling lies.
    FFS calm doon. Nobody is denying that you do get folk in a state at these games, but as usual when this discussion crops up before every game at Hampden the way some folk go on you would think there's thousands of Hibs fans looking for a punch up with their fellow supporters and every 2nd fan you pass is puking by the side of the road as they fumble for their tadger to have a slash in the gutter.

I'm willing to bet I've been to as many, if not more, Hibs games at Hampden than most folk on this forum, the vast majority of them in the stand housing the 'family' sections and the picture being painted is in my personal experience highly exaggerated. My group spend a couple of hours in the boozer before kick off if we can, so our trip to the stadium from the pub is usually in the company of all the other fans who have poured out of the boozers ....... I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of people I have seen openly pissing in the street* in 40 odd years, and I doubt I have seen many more puking in that time. I have seen the odd punch up inside the stadium and I'm sure that its not pleasant for anybody caught up in them, but once again its not nearly as bad as some folk are making out.

* By that I mean walking to or from the stadium and just stopping by the roadside and brazenly having a slash ...... The trouble with Hampden is that the vast majority of folk going there don't know the area, I doubt there's more than a handful of folk who could tell you where to find a public toilet near the stadium, I cant say I've ever seen one. So from that POV its inevitable that folk waiting to get on the supporters buses for the trip back to Edinburgh, or in our case the Borders, are going to have to find somewhere to relieve themselves before a trip that with traffic can last over two hours ... That IMO cannot be included in any diatribe condemning folk for 'pissing in the street' ... though I would expect folk to find somewhere out of sight to do it, as I do.

On that note, Hibs usually take a good sized female following to these games and its ridiculous that there are no public toilets, even temporary ones, to be found near the stadium when the football and local authorities know there are going to be thousands of people in the area. Two of the girls on our bus at a recent game were only saved from having to find a bush due to the generosity of the manager of a car wash situated between Hampden and the bus park.

Is there an issue? .... yes. Is that issue anything like as bad as some of the hothouse flowers on here are making out? ..... no. Is the situation so bad that its stopping folk taking their kids to Hampden? .... perhaps, but only those folk who think their kids aren't going to learn swear words in the school playground, or who think telling their teenagers not to have sex is a practical form of contraception.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 17-10-2017 at 11:00 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Really? I've not in the family stand much but considering I don't see it happening much anywhere else in the ground I find It hard to believe there where all the trouble is. Only time I've ever seen any kind of incident was the final v Celtic.

Left by mutual consent!
    Right you are.
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    FFS calm doon. Nobody is denying that you do get folk in a state at these games, but as usual when this discussion crops up before every game at Hampden the way some folk go on you would think there's thousands of Hibs fans looking for a punch up with their fellow supporters and every 2nd fan you pass is puking by the side of the road as they fumble for their tadger to have a slash in the gutter.

I'm willing to bet I've been to as many, if not more, Hibs games at Hampden than most folk on this forum, the vast majority of them in the stand housing the 'family' sections and the picture being painted is in my personal experience highly exaggerated. My group spend a couple of hours in the boozer before kick off if we can, so our trip to the stadium from the pub is usually in the company of all the other fans who have poured out of the boozers ....... I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of people I have seen openly pissing in the street* in 40 odd years, and I doubt I have seen many more puking in that time. I have seen the odd punch up inside the stadium and I'm sure that its not pleasant for anybody caught up in them, but once again its not nearly as bad as some folk are making out.

* By that I mean walking to or from the stadium and just stopping by the roadside and brazenly having a slash ...... The trouble with Hampden is that the vast majority of folk going there don't know the area, I doubt there's more than a handful of folk who could tell you where to find a public toilet near the stadium, I cant say I've ever seen one. So from that POV its inevitable that folk waiting to get on the supporters buses for the trip back to Edinburgh, or in our case the Borders, are going to have to find somewhere to relieve themselves before a trip that with traffic can last over two hours ... That IMO cannot be included in any diatribe condemning folk for 'pissing in the street' ... though I would expect folk to find somewhere out of sight to do it, as I do.

On that note, Hibs usually take a good sized female following to these games and its ridiculous that there are no public toilets, even temporary ones, to be found near the stadium when the football and local authorities know there are going to be thousands of people in the area. Two of the girls on our bus at a recent game were only saved from having to find a bush due to the generosity of the manager of a car wash situated between Hampden and the bus park.

Is there an issue? .... yes. Is that issue anything like as bad as some of the hothouse flowers on here are making out? ..... no. Is the situation so bad that its stopping folk taking their kids to Hampden? .... perhaps, but only those folk who think their kids aren't going to learn swear words in the school playground, or who think telling their teenagers not to have sex is a practical form of contraception.
    Haha, ‘hothouse flowers’. Had a wee giggle at that..........and you think I’m taking it too seriously.

Haha, ‘hothouse flowers’. Had a wee giggle at that..........and you think I’m taking it too seriously.
    Hey, if the cap fits

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Maybe it’s you that is the common denominator then😉

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    The view from behind the goals are decent, and at a tenner a pop for kids a bargain. I dont think anyone who wants to go, but won't because they are behind the goal are really wanting to go.

This seems to be a new phenomenon, i remember thinking how lucky i was to get tickets for behind the goal for Scotland V England games, and when we were playing any country that was not all ticket, we'd always go behind the goal.

Celtic end sold out

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    The view from behind the goals are decent, and at a tenner a pop for kids a bargain. I dont think anyone who wants to go, but won't because they are behind the goal are really wanting to go.

This seems to be a new phenomenon, i remember thinking how lucky i was to get tickets for behind the goal for Scotland V England games, and when we were playing any country that was not all ticket, we'd always go behind the goal.
    Yep the views at Hampden aren't as bad as made out.

When the ticket pricing came out, I went "I'm not paying £30 for my son, behind the goals it is" there was no thought of not going as there was an alternative.
    I was at Hampden for the Slovakia game recently. Was in the back row directly behind the goal and I actually thought the view was pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk