hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Marciano or Laidlaw?

Who would you start on Saturday?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Marciano.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member andy1875's Avatar
    Laidlaws place to lose after coming in and doing well.

He should keep his place and deservably so.
    Last edited by andy1875; 12-10-2017 at 09:06 AM.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    You cant drop Laidlaw as he has not done anything wrong. Rocky has to be patient and take his chance when it next comes around.

Laidlaw.

Good performances and taking a chance should be rewarded otherwise it creates a culture of complacency.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

If you drop Laidlaw it makes a mockery of the "competition for places argument". Never been much of a fan of Laidlaw but he's impressed me since he's came in this season.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Laidlaw
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

By rights it should stay with Laidlaw. However when Lennon signed Marciano he made it clear this is my number one. Tough call all the same

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You cant drop Laidlaw as he has not done anything wrong. Rocky has to be patient and take his chance when it next comes around.
    That's fine if Rocky was dropped in the first place for making mistakes. I don't think he was - he made one but ordinarily that would not have seen him dropped. He was taken out in prep for a game he was missing for religious reasons and so I think we could apply the same argument that Rocky had done nothing to be dropped in the first place.

Play the best team and that includes Rocky as keeper.

Would be happy with either, both decent keepers. Yes it would probably be harsh on laidlaw, but not bothered really with who's in net, as long as we win.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    If you drop Laidlaw it makes a mockery of the "competition for places argument". Never been much of a fan of Laidlaw but he's impressed me since he's came in this season.

Who says Laidlaw was there to give competition, Marciano was signed as number 1 with Laidlaw as number 2 and backup, I expect Marciano to play on Saturday.

Laidlaw didn't just come in and have a fluky blinder - he came in and looked very solid over several games.

He should keep the gloves.

Harsh on Rocky, who didn't deserve to be dropped, but when you miss a game for whatever reason you run the risk of losing your place if the replacement performs well.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Laidlaw didn't just come in and have a fluky blinder - he came in and looked very solid over several games.

He should keep the gloves.

Harsh on Rocky, who didn't deserve to be dropped, but when you miss a game for whatever reason you run the risk of losing your place if the replacement performs well.
    As the manager you have to put out what you think is the best team to win on the day. At the moment I woukd say that the gk position stays with laidlaw based on his performances and for consistency.

First Team Breakthrough Tollhouse Hibee's Avatar
    I dont think we had a clean sheet till Laidlaw came in?? I have not been at all impressed by Rocky this season I'm afraid.

Laidlaw deserves to keep his place.

Quote Originally Posted by Tollhouse Hibee View Post
    I dont think we had a clean sheet till Laidlaw came in?? I have not been at all impressed by Rocky this season I'm afraid.

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Tollhouse Hibee View Post

Worth noting as well that Hibs have never lost a game that Laidlaw has played in.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Laidlaw.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Who says Laidlaw was there to give competition, Marciano was signed as number 1 with Laidlaw as number 2 and backup, I expect Marciano to play on Saturday.
    Laidlaw should start the game but like you, I fully expect Marciano to start.

Laidlaw. Its a pity for Rocky because he wasn't dropped as such, but Laidlaw has performed well since he came in and IMO it would be daft to drop a keeper who is clearly in good form to bring back a keeper who was far from convincing in his last game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Worth noting as well that Hibs have never lost a game that Laidlaw has played in.
    Laidlaw played in the league cup defeat last season to queen of the south

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    True but he's played about 20 league games and is undefeated. Granted they were mostly championship games but he looked comfortable and undaunted at an intimidating venue at Parkhead last week plus his debut v a decent European team in Brondby where he looked totally unphased. I like him a lot.

First Team Regular Billy McKirdy's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: N?A Wii Code: N?A
    Laidlaw deserves the gloves

Laidlaw. Keep him in until he's made a couple of mistakes and then Rocky gets his chance. Then back to Laidlaw once Rocky's made a couple of mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Sorry I should have said I meant league games.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Laidlaw, he’s been excellent and doesn’t deserve to be dropped, would send the wrong message to drop him!

I thought Rocky was looking a bit err....rocky the last two games. Laidlaw has been excellent and deserves to keep his place.

For some reason Rocky wasn’t up to his best I thought before he had to take a break that w’end. Since then Laidlaw has been very good and defence for me looks confident with him as well. Not saying they aren’t with rocky but it doesn’t seem to have bothered them.

He should stay on until he himself looks shaky or let’s in a stupid goal.

Bring back Conrad.

First Team Breakthrough NZ Green's Avatar
    I think on his day Rocky is the better keeper, Laidlaw has done well recently though. I think Marciano only missed the Celtic game because of religious reasons so I feel it would be bit harsh to drop him because of that. Difficult choice, nice to have 2 good keepers though.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Its a good choice to have, for me Marciano is one of the better keepers we've had in a while but I think when he has a bad day it really is a bad day.

I feel Laidlaw is in possession, he's a good keeper, not done much wrong so he's there on merit and keeps the jersey for the time being.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby