hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fact or Fiction?

Found the following post on Jambo kickback a few hours ago.

Is it fact or fiction?

"Just had a very interesting conversation with a Hibs official. Did you know that the offices that are within the main and away stands at Easter Road are owned by a private company, not Hibs themselves? So there are parts of that ground that don't even belong to the club?

I was was shocked to hear that. The person who told me was actually quite angry that the Hibs charity (The Hibs foundation) have to PAY a private company to have a base at Easter Road. They then went on to compare our new stand, where we have gifted an area to the Big Hearts charity free of charge (obviously).

So the next time a daft Hibby talks of our new 'office block', just tell them at least those offices are ours...and we don't charge our own charity to use them!!

Anyway, just a random wee bit trivia that'll make no odds to most of you no doubt. Just thought it was interesting 😉"

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Pish. We own the stadium, all of it.

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    One for Cwg, but I think we do rent the offices, but highly subsidised by STF comp. I could be wrong of course.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    It's a bit like being "self sufficient" or owning it to ourselves. Or a Vladimir Romanov share issue. I'll vote fiction.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

First Team Breakthrough
    Re Big Hearts Foundation - Pre new build, they used to have a couple of desks in the main office area for Tynecastle. Just before administration hit, the club (desperate for cash) then decided to charge 'rent' for this desk space. The club charged the Big Hearts Foundation £36,000 for back dated unpaid rent. Guess how much was in the BHF bank account at the time - £36,000. The BHF had to strip back what they were doing and several youth workers lost hours because of this. BHF do excellent work and I was doing some partnership work with at the time.

BHF were also one of the creditors on the list.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pish. We own the stadium, all of it.
    ....except the ticket office.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

Thought that, we pay a rental on it?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    Thought that, we pay a rental on it?
    24k pa to the holding company.

STF kept it out of the football club, IMO as a hedge against asset strippers. If they want the land that the stadium is on, they'd be held to ransom over the small part that the TO is on.

Thanks for clarification as always.

QUOTE=DarlingtonHibee;5190932]One for Cwg, but I think we do rent the offices, but highly subsidised by STF comp. I could be wrong of course.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea if the quote from the Yam is correct or not. But it seems daft to me to be renting offices in a stadium you are supposed to own, if there is any truth in it I would be interested to see how this situation has come about and in what way its beneficial to Hibs .... in fact if there is any truth to this I'd be especially interested to see how such a situation has arisen.

If as you suggest DH the offices are 'highly subsidised by STF' then is it the case that he owns them and rents them out to Hibs in the same way as he owns the ticket office and we pay him 25K a year to rent that? If that's true how is money being taken out of the club to rent facilities we should own and use for nothing a good thing?

The bottom line here is that Hibs have made a big play about 'the club' owning the stadium and the training ground .... but if any of these facilities are in fact owned by a 3rd party ( even if it is STF ) and Hibs are paying to rent them its the weirdest form of 'ownership' I've ever heard of. On top of that for me it calls into question the deal for BTG done with the NHS ..... does STF own that too and if he does where is the NHS rent money going, is it all going towards the benefit of Hibs or is all or some of it going into STF's companies?

Perhaps all the answers are in the club accounts and my cursory glance at them every year missed it, which is entirely possible But is it possible that once 51% fan ownership is realised we will find that the 49% in the hands of STF and RP mean we continue to rent large chunks of something we all ( well me at least ) thought would belong to the club?

To be clear, I'm not looking to start or jump on any Tom Farmer bashing bandwagon. I just don't know the answers to the questions I have posed, but even if the source is a dodgy Yam post I would like to think folk ITK on here can quickly debunk it .... because if it is true I would need somebody to explain to me how its an arrangement beneficial to Hibernian FC

Edit:

After all that I've just seen the post about the ticket office. If that's all we are talking about that's well known and is clearly shown in the accounts, its not part of the stadium and therefor I've wasted my time lol
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 13-10-2017 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I have no idea if the quote from the Yam is correct or not. But it seems daft to me to be renting offices in a stadium you are supposed to own, if there is any truth in it I would be interested to see how this situation has come about and in what way its beneficial to Hibs .... in fact if there is any truth to this I'd be especially interested to see how such a situation has arisen.

If as you suggest DH the offices are 'highly subsidised by STF' then is it the case that he owns them and rents them out to Hibs in the same way as he owns the ticket office and we pay him 25K a year to rent that? If that's true how is money being taken out of the club to rent facilities we should own and use for nothing a good thing?

The bottom line here is that Hibs have made a big play about 'the club' owning the stadium and the training ground .... but if any of these facilities are in fact owned by a 3rd party ( even if it is STF ) and Hibs are paying to rent them its the weirdest form of 'ownership' I've ever heard of. On top of that for me it calls into question the deal for BTG done with the NHS ..... does STF own that too and if he does where is the NHS rent money going, is it all going towards the benefit of Hibs or is all or some of it going into STF's companies?

Perhaps all the answers are in the club accounts and my cursory glance at them every year missed it, which is entirely possible But is it possible that once 51% fan ownership is realised we will find that the 49% in the hands of STF and RP mean we continue to rent large chunks of something we all ( well me at least ) thought would belong to the club?

To be clear, I'm not looking to start or jump on any Tom Farmer bashing bandwagon. I just don't know the answers to the questions I have posed, but even if the source is a dodgy Yam post I would like to think folk ITK on here can quickly debunk it .... because if it is true I would need somebody to explain to me how its an arrangement beneficial to Hibernian FC
    See Cwg reply

See Cwg reply
    I just have and have edited my post accordingly ........... F'ing Yams, I should know better

See Cwg reply
    Just to clarify I did mean the ticket office.

I'm more interested in their belief they have better songs than our 'repetitive' ones.

It's those simple, repetitive songs that have seens is stroll into your place and outsing you regularly in the last few seasons you clowns. Maybe lyrical genius such as 'we hate Hibs they make us spew up' attracts critical acclaim but it's useless if no one joins in with it.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Just to clarify I did mean the ticket office.
    Yup, got it mate. All of my post on the matter can now be filed under the heading of knee jerk pish, in reaction to something I should have thought harder about before I posted, especially considering the source

Yup, got it mate. All of my post on the matter can now be filed under the heading of knee jerk pish, in reaction to something I should have thought harder about before I posted, especially considering the source
    Don't worry about it, mon the Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm more interested in their belief they have better songs than our 'repetitive' ones.

It's those simple, repetitive songs that have seens is stroll into your place and outsing you regularly in the last few seasons you clowns. Maybe lyrical genius such as 'we hate Hibs they make us spew up' attracts critical acclaim but it's useless if no one joins in with it.
    I noticed the Eire fans in Cardiff were singing a song to the tune of 'Runaround Sue' the other night ... I wonder where they got that idea from

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

I've always considered that separate regardless and I know it's on the right hands.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    To be fair, your post above probably applies to a good 75% of what can be found here.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Is it worth mentioning that but for walking away from the tens of millions of their hundreds of creditors money they wouldn't be building anything?

And the small matter of them owning nothing until yet another enormous debt plus interest is paid to the one shareholder?

One grey looking stand and millions in debt already.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bostonhibby; 13-10-2017 at 04:01 PM.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Yam fuds are liars, cheats, deluded muppets and.......

Fuds

That is all

For a third party to own offices in a stand they would have had to be sold to the third party by Hibs in the first place which even a little thought about would have seemed unlikely.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Here's a new one for you.

A team who only ever sang about their rivals not having won the Scottish Cup since 1902 had a chance to continue that run but surrendered a two goal lead at home with ten minutes to go, even though their rivals were in a lower league at the time. Their rivals in that year went on to win the cup.

Fact or fiction?

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    For a third party to own offices in a stand they would have had to be sold to the third party by Hibs in the first place which even a little thought about would have seemed unlikely.
    A quick look at the accounts show that the yam is talking rubbish - our total future lease/rent commitment at 30 June 2016 was 88k and that includes equipment leasing. The 2015 accounts show that annual rent payable for land and buildings is £24k. By comparison Hearts total commitment is £3.168 million and rent for land and buildings is £288k.

On the charity side, Hibs made net payments of £3,619 to our charity - hearts received net payments of £10,438 from theirs.

All this can be verified in the audited accounts - The quote in the OP is another fantasy from the people who invented a £25m debt in our parent company. How bitter must they be to make stuff like that up?

@hibs.net private member StevieT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Here's a new one for you.

A team who only ever sang about their rivals not having won the Scottish Cup since 1902 had a chance to continue that run but surrendered a two goal lead at home with ten minutes to go, even though their rivals were in a lower league at the time. Their rivals in that year went on to win the cup.

Fact or fiction?
    Fiction surely. Do I win a prize?

Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    A quick look at the accounts show that the yam is talking rubbish - our total future lease/rent commitment at 30 June 2016 was 88k and that includes equipment leasing. The 2015 accounts show that annual rent payable for land and buildings is £24k. By comparison Hearts total commitment is £3.168 million and rent for land and buildings is £288k.

On the charity side, Hibs made net payments of £3,619 to our charity - hearts received net payments of £10,438 from theirs.

All this can be verified in the audited accounts - The quote in the OP is another fantasy from the people who invented a £25m debt in our parent company. How bitter must they be to make stuff like that up?
    boom.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieT View Post
    Fiction surely. Do I win a prize?
    Only if you can answer this one. In 1986, Hearts obtained the point they needed at Dens Park to win a historic league title. Fact or fiction?

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Only if you can answer this one. In 1986, Hearts obtained the point they needed at Dens Park to win a historic league title. Fact or fiction?
    Stop it, trying to eat my dinner, LOL!!

Might need to you tube to get the answer....

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    The Famous 'fan ownership movement' has enabled supporters to own a significant stake in the club and invited elected fan reps onto the board.

Fact or fiction?