hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

An American in Edinburgh

Hello Hibs Fans!

I'm Mitch, an American who will be visiting your fair city & greater country in a couple of weeks to celebrate my recent engagement. I'm writing to ask if anyone could help me get two tickets for my fiancée and I for the Derby on 10/24. I am a huge fan of the Portland Timbers here in the US, and would love to experience Scottish soccer for the first time. I reached out to the club directly to see if they could help me get around the requirement to have purchased a ticket for a lower-level match, but after much pleading they said they couldn't help.

Why Hibs?

- Timbers wear green and gold, close enough
    - We also have some Lithuanian talent, in Vytas
    - Edinburgh is cool

What's in it for you?

- A beer at the match
    - My eternal thanks
    - A Timbers Army scarf trade
    - The consolation of knowing that the USA is also on the verge of not qualifying for Russia

Please let me know if you can help.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Good luck, Mitch.

I'm sure someone will help you.

However, you can't get beer in Scottish football stadiums.

@hibs.net private member Callum7's Avatar
    There is still hospitality tickets available but at £160 a head they’re considerably more expensive.

Good luck,
    Callum

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ah, well. Perhaps a beer before? Or after?

Thank you :)

Good Luck Mitch, I'm sure there will be someone that can't go!

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Good luck, Mitch.

I'm sure someone will help you.

You can cleverly sneak a few in on a cap though!! ;)

I think you'll be lucky bud, it's a sell out. Not sure if there's hospitality packages still on the go?

Quote Originally Posted by Callum7 View Post
    There is still hospitality tickets available but at £160 a head they’re considerably more expensive.

Good luck,
    Callum
    £320 is definitely a bit over our budget, but I will keep on looking. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    You can cleverly sneak a few in on a cap though!! ;)

I think you'll be lucky bud, it's a sell out. Not sure if there's hospitality packages still on the go?
    Lucky or unlucky?? The Hibs front office also pointed me to the hospitality packages, but I think just going to the bar might be the better option, as that is definitely out of our price range.

A lower level match?

Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    A lower level match?

"You will not be able to purchase tickets for this game unless you have previously registered on our database and have a booking history. As this is a Category A game it is higher security so we are unable to sell tickets to anyone not on our records."

That's the message they sent me. I guess I need to have purchased tickets to a Category B match to be eligible to purchase tickets for this match.

First Team Breakthrough
    I think you and your fiancee should be guests of the club, do the half time draw and sit in executive seats. Great publicity and a general feel good story. Not my call obviously but would be nice if someone could make it happen

First Team Breakthrough
    Maybe we could have you chainsawing a log when hibs score?

Quote Originally Posted by steelendhibs View Post
    Maybe we could have you chainsawing a log when hibs score?
    YES!

"Anything to declare?"

"Yes, this chainsaw. I plan on bringing it to a well-attended soccer match!"

"..."

Left by mutual consent!
    Good luck Mitch. There will be a couple of spares on the night so probably have a word with the Hibs club or head there. Maybe even Frank Dougan could help him out?

If you're willing to hang around outside before the game, I'm sure there will be someone selling a couple of tickets.

The fact you're needing two may complicate things slightly but I wouldn't rule it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Good luck Mitch. There will be a couple of spares on the night so probably have a word with the Hibs club or head there. Maybe even Frank Dougan could help him out?
    You mean just head to the stadium the day of the match? Do you mean from the box office, or from scalpers?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    If you're willing to hang around outside before the game, I'm sure there will be someone selling a couple of tickets.

The fact you're needing two may complicate things slightly but I wouldn't rule it out.
    Awesome, thank you. I will try that out if I can't line something up beforehand. Is there anywhere in particular that is a good place to wait?

It's called football mate

I was over in Oregon for the eclipse in August. Fantastic, loved the coast as well.

Sadly the derby is sold out so the only way you’ll get tickets is finding season ticket holders that can’t go. Are you here on the 21st? How about a day trip to Scotland’s 2nd city, Glasgow? We’re playing in a cup semi final vs Celtic. Plenty of tickets and atmosphere could be amazing ...

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Keep checking back on here every few days, there will be tickets come available.

Quote Originally Posted by deepteeth View Post
    You mean just head to the stadium the day of the match? Do you mean from the box office, or from scalpers?
    No, the supporters club http://hibsclub.co.uk Drop them an email, you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    I was over in Oregon for the eclipse in August. Fantastic, loved the coast as well.

Sadly the derby is sold out so the only way you’ll get tickets is finding season ticket holders that can’t go. Are you here on the 21st? How about a day trip to Scotland’s 2nd city, Glasgow? We’re playing in a cup semi final vs Celtic. Plenty of tickets and atmosphere could be amazing ...
    Glad you enjoyed Oregon. I lived there for five years but recently relocated to Southern California. I definitely returned for the eclipse though.

I thought of the cup match, but we actually have hotel reservations in Islay that night, so doesn't work great with our schedule, *and* it's the same issue: Ticket sales are only open to those who have previously purchased a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by -Jonesy- View Post
    It's called football mate
    You wouldn't be at least a little suspicious of an American using "football" over "soccer"? :)

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Keep checking back on here every few days, there will be tickets come available.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    No, the supporters club http://hibsclub.co.uk Drop them an email, you never know.
    Will try these, thanks

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    watched a Portland game on Sky a few months back, quite a noisy lot i do like their colours

Glad you enjoyed Oregon. I lived there for five years but recently relocated to Southern California. I definitely returned for the eclipse though.

I thought of the cup match, but we actually have hotel reservations in Islay that night, so doesn't work great with our schedule, *and* it's the same issue: Ticket sales are only open to those who have previously purchased a ticket.
    Whisky and Hibs? You have the essentials of a Scotland trip nailed.

Anyone on Hibs database can buy 10 tickets for the cup game. So getting you tickets for that is no problem.

Awesome, thank you. I will try that out if I can't line something up beforehand. Is there anywhere in particular that is a good place to wait?
    If you're doing that, I would probably advise to head round to the main (west) stand and be there for the back of 6pm. I would expect anyone looking to sell tickets would be doing so in that sort of area.

Echoing somewhat but hang around the Ticket Office/Reception on the night and you're likely to have people willing to sell spare tickets at face value. Worst thing to happen is you watch in a pub on Easter Road and join (hopefully) post match celebrations. Maybe tweet the club and a few of the players to publicise your trip - a bit of PR won't be any harm.

Hello Hibs Fans!

I'm Mitch, an American who will be visiting your fair city & greater country in a couple of weeks to celebrate my recent engagement. I'm writing to ask if anyone could help me get two tickets for my fiancée and I for the Derby on 10/24. I am a huge fan of the Portland Timbers here in the US, and would love to experience Scottish soccer for the first time. I reached out to the club directly to see if they could help me get around the requirement to have purchased a ticket for a lower-level match, but after much pleading they said they couldn't help.

Why Hibs?

- Timbers wear green and gold, close enough
    - We also have some Lithuanian talent, in Vytas
    - Edinburgh is cool

What's in it for you?

- A beer at the match
    - My eternal thanks
    - A Timbers Army scarf trade
    - The consolation of knowing that the USA is also on the verge of not qualifying for Russia

Please let me know if you can help.
    Hi Mitch, my kids and I are season ticket holders but can't make the match due to a foreign holiday.
    Someone already has dibs on my season ticket but I'd be happy to upgrade 2 of the kids ones to adult tickets so you and Mrs Mitch can attend. I'd only be looking for the cost of the upgrade (maybe about £15 a ticket but I'll confirm).
    Send me a private message with details of when you're going to be in Edinburgh and I'll see if I can get the tickets to you before I go away a week today, if not I might be able to organise a friend to meet you beforehand and give you the tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    Hi Mitch, my kids and I are season ticket holders but can't make the match due to a foreign holiday.
    Someone already has dibs on my season ticket but I'd be happy to upgrade 2 of the kids ones to adult tickets so you and Mrs Mitch can attend. I'd only be looking for the cost of the upgrade (maybe about £15 a ticket but I'll confirm).
    Send me a private message with details of when you're going to be in Edinburgh and I'll see if I can get the tickets to you before I go away a week today, if not I might be able to organise a friend to meet you beforehand and give you the tickets.
    Sent you a PM! Thanks