With a decision whether or not to renew our commitment to the national stadium looming ever closer for the SFA what are folks thoughts on it?

It does seem logical to bin the whole thing and stick two fingers up to Queens Park, who own it but never put a penny into it, and take the internationals around the country, that is until you look at exactly what that will mean. Every game with any meaning will still be played in Glasgow, with the rest of the country getting meaningless friendlies or the busted flush qualifiers nobody wants to see and the ugly sisters dividing up the spoils from the games where there's real money to be made, including the league and Scottish cup finals, putting even more money into their pockets.

I can honestly also see a scenario where the venue for old firm semi finals or cup finals will be either decided on the toss of a coin or played on a two legged basis. I simply cant see police Scotland allowing them to play each other at the only other stadium capable of holding the game which is in Edinburgh, even if the police were ok with it the council would never sanction it IMO.

Taking all this into account I would say we simply have to do two things:

The first is to find a way to wrest control of Hampden from Queens Park .. rental for the stadium from the SFA, SPFL, concerts and other events goes into their company ... but any renovations to the stadium over the years has been paid for from grants and sponsorships only attained because of the involvement of football with the stadium ... when the pitch gets re laid for example I'm pretty sure the SFA pay for it, not Queens Park ..... its a farcical situation.

The second ... dependent on the first happening ... is for Scottish football to find a way to rebuild the stadium and take its capacity up to at least 60,000 ... Look at what they did to the Maracană Stadium ... nothing fancy, they just built another basic one tier stadium but with the stands much closer to the pitch. That's all they need to do with Hampden, knock down the east, north and west stands and rebuild them much steeper and much closer to the pitch at both ends ... steepness means more height, but if they want the stands to be level all the way round all they need to do is lower the pitch and put another section in front of the south stand to bring it level with the others.

They could probably do the whole lot for 70 million quid and when you look at the money SKY and BT pump into the EPL and Champion's league I bet you could get them to put up at least 40 million of it for the naming rights .... the SKY Hampden park stadium would perhaps even appeal to them.

As you can see its a slow Sunday and I'm bored waiting for the Scotland game to start ...... But in all seriousness, IMO allowing Hampden to pass into history would be a huge mistake.